• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

'So that the manifold wisdom of God might be made known through the church to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenly places.'

So the church knew about Christ and His coming to earth, and Holy Spirit power it gave us before any other created beings? Is that what is said here?  Is he talking about good beings or fallen beings? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I'm not sure I understand the context of your question but the way that I interpret that scripture is that Christ is using His body, which is the church, to reveal his wisdom to the kingdom of darkness.  I would think that entails declaring and living out His living Word, operating in the gifts of the Holy Spirit as well as bearing the fruits of the Holy Spirit, declaring and reinforcing His authority, victory and glory. As we remind the devil that he is beat, we build ourselves up in that knowledge and have a deeper grasp of that victory, so it is beneficial to us too.  Part of knowing who we are in Christ, because the enemy does not want us to exercise that victory, and will distract us from it any way he knows how, so that he can cause us to fear and or backslide.

That is how I see it, would love to discuss further.  God bless you :)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

'So that the manifold wisdom of God might be made known through the church to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenly places.'

So the church knew about Christ and His coming to earth, and Holy Spirit power it gave us before any other created beings? Is that what is said here?  Is he talking about good beings or fallen beings? 

Dear sister, please check if the scripture reference is the correct one.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Pam, 

It looks like this is Ephesians 3:10, but no biggie.  

Anyways, I don't think the verse is saying that other created beings didn't know about these things, but that they are in heavenly places witnessing the fulfillment of these things as they are taking place, which still seems mysterious to me.  However, in 1 Peter 1:10-12

"As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.  It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things into which angels long to look."

This passage seems to indicate that angels are just fascinated with all this work being done through Christ in our fallen world.  

:)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I don't see anything here about heavenly places.

Ephesian 3:8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

Ephesian 3:8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,

That's because it is actually Ephesians 3:10.  

That's because it is actually Ephesians 3:10.  

Oh ok thanks Esther.

It has to do with the orders of the heavenly angels.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Verse, 8,  that comes before verse, 10, has the description "unsearchable reaches of Christ" and the verse, 10, has the description "the manifold wisdom of God" both they are translations from the Greek.

It would be interesting to know the Greek words, and what they mean.

But perhaps, and I say that with confidence are referring to the same thing, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and more, everything that is part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, not just the forgiveness of sins. 

In verse 8, Paul says I am the one to proclaim the Good News to the Gentiles, but that does not limit the rest of the people who did, but it limits Jesus in the time he was on earth, before his taken up in the heavens. 

That God has ordain the believers to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus to the Various parts of the word, the believers are the church. 

That Jesus was not going to come down from heaven, he is going to use the believers for this mission."the church"

In the 8: verse it is self explanatory the meaning of "Gentiles".

But what is the meaning in verse 10, of "might be made Known to the Rulers and authorities in heavenly places " in verse10,

In verse 8, said to "preach the Gospel to the Gentiles"

To be made know, ( not to preach),    only to be kind of been wittnessing  the things pertaining to the Gospel, but not for them. only to see something new is happening, that came to them or the territory they control, spiritual power who had control, and they had impose their authority to the people in that area. 

An exable will be, when Paul went to philipi, he made known to the powers who control the area. Not nessaserily the Gods of the Gentiles, but the powers who use the Gods to control the people, and their leaders.

In philipi Jesus took the girl from them, and they can not have back, they wanted to make an exable with Paul, but they could not have him.

Those powers they wittness the power of the new kid on the Block Jesus Christ, ( no explanation). 

The same happen in Egypt, where the spiritual  powers in Egypt witness the greater power of the Lord God, 

Just about

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Verse, 8,  that comes before verse, 10, has the description "unsearchable reaches of Christ" and the verse, 10, has the description "the manifold wisdom of God" both they are translations from the Greek.

It would be interesting to know the Greek words, and what they mean.

But perhaps, and I say that with confidence are referring to the same thing, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and more, everything that is part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, not just the forgiveness of sins. 

In verse 8, Paul says I am the one to proclaim the Good News to the Gentiles, but that does not limit the rest of the people who did, but it limits Jesus in the time he was on earth, before his taken up in the heavens. 

That God has ordain the believers to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus to the Various parts of the word, the believers are the church. 

That Jesus was not going to come down from heaven, he is going to use the believers for this mission."the church"

In the 8: verse it is self explanatory the meaning of "Gentiles".

But what is the meaning in verse 10, of "might be made Known to the Rulers and authorities in heavenly places " in verse10,

In verse 8, said to "preach the Gospel to the Gentiles"

To be made know, ( not to preach),    only to be kind of been wittnessing  the things pertaining to the Gospel, but not for them. only to see something new is happening, that came to them or the territory they control, spiritual power who had control, and they had impose their authority to the people in that area. 

An exable will be, when Paul went to philipi, he made known to the powers who control the area. Not nessaserily the Gods of the Gentiles, but the powers who use the Gods to control the people, and their leaders.

In philipi Jesus took the girl from them, and they can not have back, they wanted to make an exable with Paul, but they could not have him.

Those powers they wittness the power of the new kid on the Block Jesus Christ, ( no explanation). 

The same happen in Egypt, where the spiritual  powers in Egypt witness the greater power of the Lord God, 

Just about

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: