• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/19/2015 at 7:56 PM, missmuffet said:

I do not think we can look at it as a way for us to escape something.

That's exactly what the Rapture is, the great escape!

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/19/2015 at 6:23 PM, shiloh357 said:

I honestly don't believe babies will be born during the wrath of God.  I have just finished a study of Revelation and frankly, it is going to be so horrible and people will be in such unimaginable pain, and misery and constant torment from disease, starvation, and demonic forces, that pro-creation is the last thing that will be on their minds.

I do believe there will be children born during the tribulation.  And if they die during the tribulation they will go to heaven as all innocent children do. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

21 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I do believe there will be children born during the tribulation.  And if they die during the tribulation they will go to heaven as all innocent children do. 

I agree and so does the bible

Matthew 24:19 KJV

And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

Yes, women who got pregnant before or at the very beginning will no doubt be giving birth during the Tribulation.  That is a foregone conclusion.  

I guess my point was that during the latter 42 months, during the wrath of God, conditions will be such that the last thing people will be thinking about will be pro-creation, given the non-stop horrors that God is piling on to the people of the world.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting question. If the people left behind were deplorable I'd think they would resort to deplorable acts. Would that make them infertile? That they are under the wrath? Does the Bible have anything to say about that? I've never looked. 

Guest BacKaran

Well, knowing deplorables will only think about themselves, abortion could be worse than it is today.... Only God knows so I pray with my head up,

Come Lord Jesus! ?

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Only if they would have believed in the Lord Jesus Christ.

God knows who will believe in his Son. Even if they never make it to that opportunity in life. 

Conversely, he will not grant eternal life to a baby he knows will never believe in Jesus just because he was a baby when he died.

The whole doctrine of all babies going to heaven is human reasoning trying to resolve what it cannot get its head around...

...forgetting the Omniscient mind of God solves everything.

Also, since we are on the subject of error in the OP question "they will go to heaven as all innocent children do"

the tribulation period is a 7 year period divided in two 3.5 year tribulations (spoken of many times in many ways in scripture):

time, times, plus 1/2 a time

42 months

1260 days

Christians will be the target of the world in tribulation #1 blamed for everything that has gone wrong since the dawn of time to Mr. Whiffle squeezing the Charmin.

Smoking out Christians is what 666 is all about. Christians are the one people who won't take the mark. Look for people who don't got da mark and you got your next victim (to behead).

Once Christians are out of the devil's way, then he turns his sights on Jews. The world will join him in a persecution like they have never known. Armies from around the world will converge in the staging ground of the valley of Megiddo and start trudging down Israel's throat from the north.

This will be to get Israel to do the unthinkable... as a last resort, mind you... to call upon the name of Jesus of Nazareth. Because nothing else has worked.

Then Jesus will hear from heaven and come touching down on Mt Olivet splitting it in two causing shock waves that "cause the mountains to clap." Where that indignant self righteous 200 million man army will have staged... now ground to blood and gore.

But this is apparently what it will take to get all Israel to believe in their Messiah. 

And that is what the great tribulation is for.

Those given to having babies at the time will be the ones not scrambling for their lives.

Without the mark of the beast you can't buy or sell or work or rent or pay mortgage, or have a car or health insurance or food or clothes.

Dumpster diving will be either traps or have live feed video that can catch believers scrounging for their lives.

I doubt there will be a lot of baby-making going on at the time (except for those who accept the mark of the beast).

Revelation 14:11 (AV)
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Revelation 19:20 (AV)
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

• Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

17 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Boy, between this thread and the other one I can see you really want them babies goin' to Hell . . .

This is Bogus Holiness Doctrine on Quaaludes.   God is just and merciful, but. . . He's going to hold people accountable for something in the future that they never lived in and never did.  Yeah, right.  I've heard other people talk about this belief but . . . Wow.  

100% false.  God does not hold people accountable for something they don't get the chance to do or not do because they are dead but might have done, if they were alive, in the future.  It doesn't even make sense when you repeat it four or five times.  It wouldn't even make sense if Brad Pitt were acting it out in a movie.

All this based on what? The authority of YOUR own personal reasoning?

What was the rich man so guilty of (in your opinion) that he "deserved" to go to hell?

Luke 16:19–31 (NIV84)
19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day.
20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores
21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried.
23 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.
24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.
26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’
27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father’s house,
28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
30 “ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

Or that his request to warn his brothers was denied...

I await your answers.

• 1 month later...

On 3/28/2017 at 5:48 AM, Cobalt1959 said:

Boy, between this thread and the other one I can see you really want them babies goin' to Hell . . .

This is Bogus Holiness Doctrine on Quaaludes.   God is just and merciful, but. . . He's going to hold people accountable for something in the future that they never lived in and never did.  Yeah, right.  I've heard other people talk about this belief but . . . Wow.  

100% false.  God does not hold people accountable for something they don't get the chance to do or not do because they are dead but might have done, if they were alive, in the future.  It doesn't even make sense when you repeat it four or five times.  It wouldn't even make sense if Brad Pitt were acting it out in a movie.

I might add, our Lord has a special place in His heart for the children, as expressed in scripture. And there's this little matter of "age of accountability". 

On 3/28/2017 at 11:46 PM, JohnD said:

All this based on what? The authority of YOUR own personal reasoning?

What was the rich man so guilty of (in your opinion) that he "deserved" to go to hell?

Luke 16:19–31 (NIV84)
19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day.
20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores
21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried.
23 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.
24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.
26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’
27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father’s house,
28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
30 “ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

Or that his request to warn his brothers was denied...

I await your answers.

Just a side note I found interesting. There's a number of scholars that think this "rich man" is one and the same from Matthew 19: 16-27.