• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

`I was in the Spirit on the Lord`s Day, & I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, "I am the Alpha & the Omega, the First & the Last,".......` (Rev. 1: 10)

When my spirit hears that voice as a trumpet, it will be time to be gathered together as the Body of Christ.

I am listening.......Marilyn.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Numbers chapter 10, gives instruction of gathering at trumpet blast, and this may possibly be in reference to what Paul’s message was about, but I believe the Feast of Trumpets is the correct day Paul is referring to. Also, the Feast of Trumpets is next in line for Christ to fulfill. 

I see the answer to "what last trump" as being a OT referenced event, and not a NT one.

I agree that Paul had in mind Numbers 10 or its equivalent. Trumpets were used to call the encamped Israelites to assemble and move out. Rapture is like moving out. I don't think we should confuse it with John's trumpet plagues that are trumpets of judgment instead. There is no sense of judgment in the context of 1 Cor 15:52.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Last Daze

The Last Trump is speaking of the Resurrection of the saints.  There are only 7 trumpets.  The Coming is on the 7th Trump, ..it can only be the 7th trump, the last one, for there are no more trumpets after that.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

Since God does not blow trumpets, but the angels do (and men do also), "the trump of God" simply means a trumpet sound authorized by God for a specific purpose.  It could well have a connection with the OT, but it certainly has no connection with trumpet judgments.  I would take "last trumpet" to mean the last trumpet sound that any saint of God will hear.

Have you notified God that He doesn't blow trumpets?  Seems you didn't even read my entire post.  Did you "rage quit" reading it at the first thing you disagreed with?  You know that someone's rhetoric is out of control when it directly contradicts scripture.

And the Lord shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord God shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.  Zechariah 9:14

Seriously Ezra, consider rebooting your eschatology.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

And the Lord

shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and

the Lord God shall blow the trumpet

, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.  Zechariah 9:14 [/quote]

This verse has been pulled out of context to prove a point, but it has absolutely no bearing on the subject of the Last Trumpet as pertains to the Church. Zech 9:10-17 is about God coming to the defense of Israel, probably at the battle of Armageddon.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13

And the Lord

shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and

the Lord God shall blow the trumpet

, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.  Zechariah 9:14

This verse has been pulled out of context to prove a point, but it has absolutely no bearing on the subject of the Last Trumpet as pertains to the Church. Zech 9:10-17 is about God coming to the defense of Israel, probably at the battle of Armageddon.

That verse was stated in the OP.  You'll see its relevance if you ever decide to read it all. Otherwise, I'll leave you with your confusion.

It is interesting to note the meaning of word `trumpet,` & `voice.`

Trumpet – Gk. ` salpigx,` meaning vibration, reverberation, a sound.

Voice – Gk. `phone,` meaning a tone, (articulate or artificial) noise, sound, voice.

Then to hear what Jesus said –

`Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, & now is, when the dead will hear the VOICE (sound) of the Son of God; & those who hear will live.` (John 5: 25)

`For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, & with the `salpigx` `sound,` of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.` (1 Thess. 4: 16)

So will a trumpet sound be heard across the world & raise the dead? Or will the very voice of God be heard by those in Christ in the graves & those who are alive, listening with their spirits…..

Marilyn.                                  

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

It is interesting to note the meaning of word `trumpet,` & `voice.`

Trumpet – Gk. ` salpigx,` meaning vibration, reverberation, a sound.

Voice – Gk. `phone,` meaning a tone, (articulate or artificial) noise, sound, voice.

Then to hear what Jesus said –

`Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, & now is, when the dead will hear the VOICE (sound) of the Son of God; & those who hear will live.` (John 5: 25)

The full context is:

24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. 25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, 27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. 30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

`For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, & with the `salpigx` `sound,` of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.` (1 Thess. 4: 16)

Again, the full context is:

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.[b]

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

So will a trumpet sound be heard across the world & raise the dead? Or will the very voice of God be heard by those in Christ in the graves & those who are alive, listening with their spirits…..

Marilyn.                                  

I would suggest that the reference in John is referring to when Christ was still alive on earth teaching.  In contrast, 1 Thessalonians speak of His return.  Yet, the timing will be at the last trumpet, but when He does return, He will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, speaking of what He will be returning with.

Hi OneLight,

If you have a closer look at the two scriptures you will see that they could not be the same timing. However I was referring to the Lord`s voice as the force that will `sound` & bring the dead in Christ to rise at the gathering of the Body of Christ, whereas the rising of `all those in the graves` to judgment is a totally different event & timing.

Regards, Marilyn.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

And the Lord shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord God shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.  Zechariah 9:14

Numbers chapter 10, gives instruction of gathering at trumpet blast, and this may possibly be in reference to what Paul’s message was about, but I believe the Feast of Trumpets is the correct day Paul is referring to. Also, the Feast of Trumpets is next in line for Christ to fulfill. 

I see the answer to "what last trump" as being a OT referenced event, and not a NT one.

I agree that Paul had in mind Numbers 10 or its equivalent. Trumpets were used to call the encamped Israelites to assemble and move out. Rapture is like moving out. I don't think we should confuse it with John's trumpet plagues that are trumpets of judgment instead. There is no sense of judgment in the context of 1 Cor 15:52.

Regarding the passage in Zech 9, the word is shofar: a ram's horn. But in Numbers 10, the word is chatsotsĕrah, and this is specifically prescribed to be made out of silver. So, two different types of horns, blown for different reasons.

According to the Hebraic tradition I mentioned in my post of 10/20 @ 1:36 PM, the Last Trumpet is a shofar. Likewise, the horn blown on Rosh Hashanah is a shofar; and some Jews hold the tradition that on a future R.H., the heavenly shofar will be blown to announce the resurrection of the dead.