• Days Won:  5

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Amen emekreus. Learning how to listen to the Holy Spirit is one of the most important things to learn as a Christian because it truly is what transforms us. Something I'm trying to get better at little by little...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Hearing the voice of the Holy Spirit does take time and practice to be able to carefully discern the difference between the voice of the Holy Spirit, our own voice (or the flesh), the voice of others who may or may not be hearing from the Lord regarding our situation, and the voice of the enemy who wants to trip us up and give us wrongful directions.

A combination of things has been a way in which I discern who is speaking to me.  First and foremost.."Does it line up with scriptures?"  Second ...what effect does this voice have on me?  Is it loud and depressing or does it seem quiet and reassuring.  (Even the voice of conviction can also give peace) and yes, is there peace?  If chaotic, disturbing, and degrading..not from God! 

Direction..yep, we need to pray for that so to know the will of God and discern HIs Will  for our lives.  I may have a dream which speaks to me but I don't follow it unless I receive confirmation from the scriptures and from others.  Also the circumstances of my life must line up with the other things.  And I have peace at the same time and assurance in my heart (some call this a "gut level" feeling that something is either right or wrong.)   Most of all, whatever it is must not go against scriptures.  And so I pray for wisdom in how to apply what I hear in my life.

The big thing is to endeavor to live each day for Christ and follow Him.  Then the Spirit will speak to us in many ways..sometimes little and sometimes not. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone,,,,

There is no doubt that God is ABLE to speak to us in many different ways & in ANY way He so chooses to,,,the Holy Spirit CAN speak to individuals as described by the OP ,from the article he posted(I would ,however,appreciate the link or copyright)......These things we know because the Word of God confirms them.....

What I think is of the utmost importance is in how the individual relays the information & his reasons for doing so

King James Bible
Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.
                                                                                                                                                   1 Cor14:1

All born again believers are indwelled with the very same Holy Spirit as He Who rose Christ from the dead,,,,,,He leads us ,guides us & gives us Wisdom & Understanding ............the Way He communicates with me may be very different than the next person ,it does not matter ,,,,We have a personal & intimate relationship with our Lord & Savior,His Council is for us (each),,,,,,,,, When what is given us is for someone else that is when we must consider what & how that message is delivered,,,,,,,,,I am never too keen about hearing "God told me this" or "the Holy Spirit told me that" (not for my sake but for theirs)

Galatians 1:6-9 ESV

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.                                                                            

There are many Scriptures warning against false prophets & prophesying but if we stick close to God & study His Word we shall see the Truth,,,,,,,,,,I agree with Ezra that it is not a good thing to say "Wrong"but better to just....

Matthew 15:14

Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

All the Glory belongs to God!!!!!!                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings Everyone,,,,

There is no doubt that God is ABLE to speak to us in many different ways & in ANY way He so chooses to,,,the Holy Spirit CAN speak to individuals as described by the OP ,from the article he posted(I would ,however,appreciate the link or copyright)......These things we know because the Word of God confirms them.....

What I think is of the utmost importance is in how the individual relays the information & his reasons for doing so

King James Bible
Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.
                                                                                                                                                   1 Cor14:1

All born again believers are indwelled with the very same Holy Spirit as He Who rose Christ from the dead,,,,,,He leads us ,guides us & gives us Wisdom & Understanding ............the Way He communicates with me may be very different than the next person ,it does not matter ,,,,We have a personal & intimate relationship with our Lord & Savior,His Council is for us (each),,,,,,,,, When what is given us is for someone else that is when we must consider what & how that message is delivered,,,,,,,,,I am never too keen about hearing "God told me this" or "the Holy Spirit told me that" (not for my sake but for theirs)

Galatians 1:6-9 ESV

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.                                                                            

There are many Scriptures warning against false prophets & prophesying but if we stick close to God & study His Word we shall see the Truth,,,,,,,,,,I agree with Ezra that it is not a good thing to say "Wrong"but better to just....

Matthew 15:14

Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

All the Glory belongs to God!!!!!!                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

Yes, you have the copyright. You can share it anywhere at anytime. Just spread the gospel.