• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings....

Has anyone seen the news about a South Carolina policeman that body slammed a student in her desk in the classroom? I just caught a glimpse of this yesterday but  I think I heard that students were arrested for video taping the horrific incident on their cell phones,, Am I mistaken?How weird is that?

Love,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I think this is the news article.I just read the headlines and I have not had a chance to study it.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/10/27/video-shows-white-police-officer-slam-black-high-school-student-her-desk

Shocking cell video shows a white police officer slamming a black female high school student who'd been seated at her desk to the ground and throwing her across the floor of a South Carolina classroom before arresting her.

It's unclear from the video what prompted the school resource officer to take such aggressive action against the Spring Valley student.

The Richland County sheriff said Deputy Ben Fields was responding to a student who refused orders to get up and leave the classroom.

The description from a YouTube video posted by student Reginald Seabrooks says that the officer "is a cool dude" and "not racist."

The student was arrested for disturbing schools and released to the custody of her parents.

The sheriff's office is asking the FBI and DOJ to conduct an investigation. Fields is on administrative leave pending the investigation.

The deputy has been the subject of other lawsuits, one of which is ongoing and accuses him of targeting African-American students.

But last year he received recognition from his department for being a good role model.

Edited by bopeep1909

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

The hard fact of the matter is if a police officer tells you to do something and you don't then what happens next is on you. Most of you guys probably never had to go to school with police always on campus. Around here there is one officer per school. That means he's outnumbered several thousand to one. I'd react harshly rather than let a situation either continue or get out of control too. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

BREAKING NEWS: The South Carolina sheriff's deputy seen in a viral video flipping a female student out of her desk in a classroom has been fired from his job, authorities said on Wednesday.

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said at a press conference that Senior Deputy Ben Fields was terminated after it was determined by the office that the action he used to remove the student from did not follow proper procedure. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

BREAKING NEWS: The South Carolina sheriff's deputy seen in a viral video flipping a female student out of her desk in a classroom has been fired from his job, authorities said on Wednesday.

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said at a press conference that Senior Deputy Ben Fields was terminated after it was determined by the office that the action he used to remove the student from did not follow proper procedure. 

Good.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

He shouldn't have been fired. If you see the whole video..not just that clip...it shows that girl hitting the police officer numerous times before he took her down.

Blessings Logan.....

Well,I did go to school with police officers present & believe me,they had it tough,,,,,,back in my High School days I am sure the rest of the Country went to school in a "Mayberry " envoirnment but I went to school in NYC,NY,,,,,,,quite a different story,,,,,,,,the police were "afraid" to walk the corridors alone,they patrolled in pairs,,,,,,at that time we had racial rioting,gangs,Black Panthers,kids on LSD,,,it wasn't all "peace,love & rock n roll".............so I do know exactly what it is like

I'm sorry,if anyone other than a police officer would have assaulted a person in the way he did(in self defense or not)they would have been arrested & charged with assault ,period! In police academy(which I attended,graduated & was accepted onto the force immediately following) you are trained how to defend yourself(defensively & not offensively) & restrain a person without attacking them & then dragging them across a room by their neck,,,,,,,,this guy went completely out of control and re-acted in the worst possible way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,PLUS,,,,a high school girl,really?My guess is he has an abusive personality & some real issues with anger & violence,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sad example for the police department,it made me ill

If the girl hit him"numerous times" that is the thing that tells you he has no clue what he is doing,,,,,,,,,as soon as a person raises their hands(or looks like they are going to) they should be in hand cuffs,,,,,,end of story       From what I understand ,this girl refused to get up & out of her desk after she refused to relinquish her cell-phone,,,,,,,,,the police officer responded with'If you do not get up then I will make you',,,,this is what was supposedly recorded,,,,,,I did not hear any conversation on the tape & could only see that she was in her desk when he slammed her & the desk to the ground,,,,,,,,,????

In any event,he does not deserve to wear a badge or uniform that represents ,,,,,"to protect & to serve"       Causing a person physical harm is a very last resort,after you do all you can to diffuse & take control of a situation,,,,,,,,,,,& that's all it was "a situation",& not a life threatening one,,,,,,,shame on him!

I only posted this because I thought it was very weird that 2 students supposedly were arrested for video-taping what had happened,,,,,,,I can't seem to find where I read that bit of news & I was wondering if anyone else had any info about that,,,,,,,,,,               Love,Kwik

• Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

kwik

The cops can't keep people from video taping them, unless the person doing so is in the cop's way; meaning preventing the cop from doing his job.  A few years ago, in my area, a man was standing in his front yard checking out a new video camera when there was an incident occuring 4 or 5 houses away on the opposite side of the street involving cops and a suspect.  One of the cops noticed the filming taking place and went to the man and yanked the camera from his hands and broke the very expensive camera plus arrested him.

When his case went to court, it was ruled that the man was clearly NOT obstructing them.  Not only did the man sue for false arrest, but also sued for damage to personal property.  And yes, he won his lawsuit. As to your question, they didn't charge the other student for filming the incident.

Logan,

Just because people are supposed to do as police say, does not give the police the excuse or right to use excessive force during an arrest irregardless of how the suspect behaves. Police officers are held to a specific standard of conduct because they are "trained professionals" who have been taught how to properly respond in situations like this one. It does look in my opinion that pulling the girl out of the desk and then, throwing the girl across the room before handcuffing her can be construed  as excessive force.  And for this reason he is on administrative leave pending a closer review of his actions.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,870
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Blessings....

Has anyone seen the news about a South Carolina policeman that body slammed a student in her desk in the classroom? I just caught a glimpse of this yesterday but  I think I heard that students were arrested for video taping the horrific incident on their cell phones,, Am I mistaken?How weird is that?

Love,Kwik

there was another girl that was arrested for standing up for the girl that the cop manhandled.   It wasn't from recording as far as I have read.

The cop has a history of over reacting to situations and should not be working with kids in a school sitting.  As I understand it he was fired from the Sheriff's force.

Edited by other one

Blessings other one

That would make more sense,I thought it was very strange anyone would get arrested for recording.....

In the initial news report they said that the girl refused to get up when the officer told her to and replied "No,I don't know why you want me to get up,I don't trust you",,,,,,,He supposedly said"You can trust me,I will treat you fairly"

My first thoughts were "Why did this kid not trust him,he must have quite a reputation at the school for being a rough neck"her responses seemed like someone who was fearful ,,,,,,,,,,People,especially teenagers,are not usually fearful without reason,,,,,,It is very likely that this is not the first time this guy has reacted this way,I'm very glad he was caught & I agree with you 100%,he has no business in a school or anywhere else wearing a uniform & a badge

Love,Kwik