InSeasonOut

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I am always struck by the piety of people who see only the way they interpret the gospel as being correct, and wonder what these same people will say to those who were worthy of their condemnation in heaven because they let themselves be used by God to do His will. Obviously the reformers are not worthy in the eyes of many here even though their words have been misconstrued and misunderstood. 

Some things attributed to the reformers/Calvin are not correct yet looked at as gospel. I am curious why of all reformers used by God Calvin irritates so very many and is always mocked and vilified. What have you done to change the course of religious events now engulfing our world that can even touch what these men did for God? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

I am always struck by the piety of people who see only the way they interpret the gospel as being correct, and wonder what these same people will say to those who were worthy of their condemnation in heaven because they let themselves be used by God to do His will. Obviously the reformers are not worthy in the eyes of many here even though their words have been misconstrued and misunderstood. 

Some things attributed to the reformers/Calvin are not correct yet looked at as gospel. I am curious why of all reformers used by God Calvin irritates so very many and is always mocked and vilified. What have you done to change the course of religious events now engulfing our world that can even touch what these men did for God? 

Well one thing I believe was his departure from the peaceful delivery of the Gospel to forceful and murderous activity... clearly shows his
human (earthy) intent and effort apart from the life Christ instructed us to live here! His interpretation of Scripture was defined in his life
and that has some very dubious activity within it!  Love, Steven  

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 1/16/2016 at 5:59 AM, enoob57 said:

Well one thing I believe was his departure from the peaceful delivery of the Gospel to forceful and murderous activity... clearly shows his
human (earthy) intent and effort apart from the life Christ instructed us to live here! His interpretation of Scripture was defined in his life
and that has some very dubious activity within it!  Love, Steven 

One of the reasons I prefer not to call myself a Calvinist, is that I am not trying to identify with the person, nor endorse all of His practices or even beliefs. I prefer to discuss the theology on it's merits, compared with the Bible, and were it compare positivly, I embrace that.

If I read in the paper, that enoob57 got drunk, and ran over a little girl in the street, that would not at all mean that I reject his theological statements.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

"powerless" ? 

12805936_922409584544286_8947415612083931940_n.jpg

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Bopeep,  this part of the GotQuestions answer disagrees with the doctrine of irresistible grace.

Therefore, there are two kinds of people, those who are chosen to receive God's grace and mercy which they do not deserve, and those who will persist in resisting God, who get the just punishment they have earned as a result of God's perfect justice.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

My ancestors were told by Calvinists that they were not among the chosen because they were not already saved and attending church!  They received Christ via the Plymouth Brethren meetings.