~esther~

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

If someone chooses not to do something because they don't want to open spiritual doors into their lives, is that biblical? I guess the question that I am asking is if the phrase "opening spiritual doors into our lives" are biblical.

Example - someone doesn't take part in Halloween celebrations because they don't want to open spiritual doors into their lives.

It almost sounds like a phrase that the word-faith-movement would use, but I could be mistaken and would really like to know if this statement is even biblical.

Focus on my question please, this is not a Halloween related question, it's just an example I am using so please turn it into a Halloween thread!

esther 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not quite sure I agree with that statement simplejeff - do you have biblical reference to say that if someone does something wrong they will receive curse, disease, punishment, etc? I don't agree with your answer, it simply does not line up with a forgiving God. If a Christian does something wrong there is forgiveness. My question is, whether the statement "opening spiritual doors in our lives" are even biblical. E.g. demonic doors.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Doesn’t even forgiven sin have its consequences?  After all God forgave David but the baby still died.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If someone chooses not to do something because they don't want to open spiritual doors into their lives, is that biblical? I guess the question that I am asking is if the phrase "opening spiritual doors into our lives" are biblical.

Example - someone doesn't take part in Halloween celebrations because they don't want to open spiritual doors into their lives.

It almost sounds like a phrase that the word-faith-movement would use, but I could be mistaken and would really like to know if this statement is even biblical.

Focus on my question please, this is not a Halloween related question, it's just an example I am using so please turn it into a Halloween thread!

esther 

esther 

Skipping the Halloween thing altogether, there are other things that do open doors.    Ouija boards would be the first that comes to mind, although even that does not always open spiritual doors. It doesn't always contact a spirit.

Saul going to see the Witch of Endor would be another.   The Idols that Paul speaks of that people sacrifice food to would be another.  Even the food itself if you know what it is and eat it anyway.   But that doesn't always mean you have to accept what comes through that door and we should keep that in mind in judging people.

To Halloween, can it open doors.....   to some  people yes it can, but does it to everyone, I would say no.   As for us, we do hand out candy for my wife was a teacher and we have several of her students bring thier kids by....    but I got way too close during those years I was involved with the Occult for me to go all out and get involved...   I would prefer to do away with the holiday, but that's just for me.

Then again, anything that brings chocolate into our lives can't be all bad.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 30/10/2015, 00:13:57, ~esther~ said:

I believe what you are asking is whether certain thoughts or activities will provide evil spirits with access to our lives and our minds. While the term "spiritual doors" is never used, it conveys the idea of access, so in that sense evil spirits can influence those who are not walking in the Spirit but after the flesh.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/30/2015, 2:13:57, ~esther~ said:

esther 

First off I would like to say that it is God alone who open doors for us to walk through and it is God alone who shuts doors that we cannot walk through.  What God opens to us no man can shut and what God closes to us no man can open.   We walk through spiritual doors as God opens them for us and the spiritual forces or the gates of hell shall not prevail (overtake or prosper) against the church of Jesus Christ.  We are in a spiritual battle every single day as saints from the time we rise in the morning till the time we rises the next morning as spiritual forces of darkness are about us though we don't fight against flesh and blood nevertheless we are in a spiritual battle and we as saints of God either get up every day with our armor on and fight or we leave our armor behind and get wounded.  Sometimes fatally wounded because we don't understand the nature of the battle that we are in. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 11/21/2015, 2:33:41, simplejeff said:

a "forgiving God?" ...  Sure,  He loves to forgive and made complete and perfect provision to.  But most people are never forgiven.   Demons?   Sure--  the disciples rejoiced that the demons AND sickness were subject to them in Jesus Name,   BUT only a "few" were set free from demons and healed -- the rest of society continued rebellious in their sin and wickedness and controlled by demons.  

Just because God has made provision for delivery and salvation doesn't mean people turn to Him and are set free or saved ....    For the clearest examples in God's Word of the Truth of this TODAY read out loud slowly and prayerfully the first 3 or more chapters in the book of Revelation.  ((et al)) 

"Most people are never forgiven"?  You have absolutely no way of knowing that, jeff.  You should never presume to say what God does or does not do. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 11/25/2015, 9:38:44, simplejeff said:

Have you read First and Second Corinthians ?  re: 

KJ21    For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.    

ASV    For this cause many among you are weak and sickly, and not a few sleep.    

AMP    That [careless and unworthy participation] is the reason why many among you are weak and sick, and a number sleep [in death].    

AMPC    That [careless and unworthy participation] is the reason many of you are weak and sickly, and quite enough of you have fallen into the sleep of death.    

BRG    For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.    

CEB    Because of this, many of you are weak and sick, and quite a few have died.    

CJB    This is why many among you are weak and sick, and some have died!    

CEV    That’s why many of you are sick and weak and why a lot of others have died.    

DARBY    On this account many among you [are] weak and infirm, and a good many are fallen asleep.    

DLNT    For this reason many among you are weak and sick, and many sleep.    

DRA    Therefore are there many infirm and weak among you, and many sleep.    

ERV    That is why many in your group are sick and weak, and many have died.    

ESV    That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died.

The above are not written in the context of 'opening spiritual doors' but are referring to the verse which precedes 1Corinthians 11: 30.............

For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Interesting discussion. Brother other one knows the pitfalls involved, but it is a difficult topic to discuss as there may be impressionable minds reading.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Amen. I am just apprehensive of the venue, due to the discussions often becoming more of a stand-off and full blown argument of things, rather than a discussion that edifies believers, gives hope to non-believers, and glorifies God in what is actually communicated. At the same time, it IS important when a topic such as this is brought up, that each response be prayerful and considerate of ALL who might read it.