IGNORED

How do you react when married people flirt with you?

*Deidre*

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Some females have tried flirting with me and even aggressively advancing on me in the past years. In these situations, I did not think of what my wife will feel about it or how my family will get affected if I give in to the acts. The first thing that popped in my mind was, "How would God feel if I committed this sin against Him"? You must remember that this issue has a potent force backing it up, and cannot be combated by natural weapons. After you put God first, He will give you the unction needed to overcome the scenario.

Edited by JimmyAk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I am so glad The Lord has determined to cease sexuality!  It has been such a devils playground !

If He has done that, Steven, I didn't get the memo.  :rolleyes:

yes you did!
Matt 22:29-30
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
KJV

That is in heaven.That will be a given but we are talking about our lives on this earth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I am so glad The Lord has determined to cease sexuality!  It has been such a devils playground !

yes you did!
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
KJV

That is in heaven.That will be a given but we are talking about our lives on this earth.

One must consider that if it isn't worth keeping then it isn't something we should attach our hearts to... oh our flesh
demands from us this worth but I'm not keeping the flesh either... setting your heart upon eternal things of God's
keeping is wisdom prepared for eternal glory in God alone!

yes you did!
KJV

One must consider that if it isn't worth keeping then it isn't something we should attach our hearts to... oh our flesh
demands from us this worth but I'm not keeping the flesh either... setting your heart upon eternal things of God's
keeping is wisdom prepared for eternal glory in God alone!

That is very honorable and very true.This demands a very close walk with God and for some a lot of courage.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Sexuality is a great gift from God, when used to His guidelines... It is when it is perverted that there is a problem.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Some females have tried flirting with me and even aggressively advancing on me in the past years. In these situations, I did not think of what my wife will feel about it or how my family will get affected if I give in to the acts. The first thing that popped in my mind was, "How would God feel if I committed this sin against Him"? You must remember that this issues has a potent force backing it up, and cannot be combated by natural weapons. After you put God first, He will give you the unction needed to overcome the scenario.

I like how you say...'cannot be combated by natural weapons.' Yes, that's so true! 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

How do you feel when someone who is married...flirts with/hits on you? (online or offline)

If a married person hits on you, how do you react? I used to think such things were harmless, but I've seen a few friends of mine lose their marriages over 'harmless' flirtations that turned into full blown affairs before long. People think that affairs start overnight, but they start with flirtations, etc. I've never been married, but thought I'd pose the question here. 

a lot depends on how well I know the person. If it was someone that I barely know, or just a casual aquaintance, i usually ignore it or shut them down. If its someone Ive known for a long time and I know theyre joking on occasion well joke around a bit, depending on the purpose. I have a few friends that we might joke flirt on occasion, never on a regular basis though, and never anything we wouldnt say while our significant other was in the room.

This make a lot of sense. If you have boundaries and the people involved understand it's light hearted and silly, nothing serious...then it should be ok. I tend to not flirt though with married people at all. I feel that for some, all it takes is a slight opening to walk through, and I don't want the things I say to be misconstrued. I'm not much of a flirt even with single men lol I'm friendly, and men may flirt with me, but I tend to only flirt after I'm dating someone. But married people are off limits. Even guys who have gf's are off limits. I tend to lose respect pretty quickly for people who are in relationships, and act like they're not, when around others, when their SO's are out of sight.

Edited by *Deidre*

How do you feel when someone who is married...flirts with/hits on you? (online or offline)

If a married person hits on you, how do you react? I used to think such things were harmless, but I've seen a few friends of mine lose their marriages over 'harmless' flirtations that turned into full blown affairs before long. People think that affairs start overnight, but they start with flirtations, etc. I've never been married, but thought I'd pose the question here. 

a lot depends on how well I know the person. If it was someone that I barely know, or just a casual aquaintance, i usually ignore it or shut them down. If its someone Ive known for a long time and I know theyre joking on occasion well joke around a bit, depending on the purpose. I have a few friends that we might joke flirt on occasion, never on a regular basis though, and never anything we wouldnt say while our significant other was in the room.

This make a lot of sense. If you have boundaries and the people involved understand it's light hearted and silly, nothing serious...then it should be ok. I tend to not flirt though with married people at all. I feel that for some, all it takes is a slight opening to walk through, and I don't want the things I say to be misconstrued. I'm not much of a flirt even with single men lol I'm friendly, and men may flirt with me, but I tend to only flirt after I'm dating someone. But married people are off limits. Even guys who have gf's are off limits. I tend to lose respect pretty quickly for people who are in relationships, and act like they're not, when around others, when their SO's are out of sight.

If the man or woman is married run for your life like curious said.If a person is in a serious relationship that is always a red flag as well like you said.Some people feel that until you have that ring on their finger that anything goes but that is not showing a lot of integrity or commitment.Some men can turn on their charm and that is when the brain kicks in and you have to put aside your emotions and ignore what your heart is telling you.Satan is right there and He also has a lot of charm.Evil charm.

Edited by bopeep1909

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I would turn around and run the other way.  You don't even need to speak a word.

Edited by RustyAngeL

I would turn around and run the other way.  You don't even need to speak a word.

That is probably the safest way to approach it.