IGNORED

How do you react when married people flirt with you?

*Deidre*

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Before I retired, I was a truck driver for a national food chain (Kroger).  For safety reasons I did not wear my wedding ring on the job.  Many times over the 45 years I would leave a store to deliver the next one, and on the way I would reminisce about the previous delivery.  I would find myself saying....... did that female receiver really say what I think she said?  Any subsequent trips back to the same store would leave me pretending like I never heard a thing.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

How do you feel when someone who is married...flirts with/hits on you? (online or offline)

If a married person hits on you, how do you react? I used to think such things were harmless, but I've seen a few friends of mine lose their marriages over 'harmless' flirtations that turned into full blown affairs before long. People think that affairs start overnight, but they start with flirtations, etc. I've never been married, but thought I'd pose the question here. 

a lot depends on how well I know the person. If it was someone that I barely know, or just a casual aquaintance, i usually ignore it or shut them down. If its someone Ive known for a long time and I know theyre joking on occasion well joke around a bit, depending on the purpose. I have a few friends that we might joke flirt on occasion, never on a regular basis though, and never anything we wouldnt say while our significant other was in the room.

This make a lot of sense. If you have boundaries and the people involved understand it's light hearted and silly, nothing serious...then it should be ok. I tend to not flirt though with married people at all. I feel that for some, all it takes is a slight opening to walk through, and I don't want the things I say to be misconstrued. I'm not much of a flirt even with single men lol I'm friendly, and men may flirt with me, but I tend to only flirt after I'm dating someone. But married people are off limits. Even guys who have gf's are off limits. I tend to lose respect pretty quickly for people who are in relationships, and act like they're not, when around others, when their SO's are out of sight.

If the man or woman is married run for your life like curious said.If a person is in a serious relationship that is always a red flag as well like you said.Some people feel that until you have that ring on their finger that anything goes but that is not showing a lot of integrity or commitment.Some men can turn on their charm and that is when the brain kicks in and you have to put aside your emotions and ignore what your heart is telling you.Satan is right there and He also has a lot of charm.Evil charm.

Satan does have a lot of charm, false charm...yes, good post!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Before I retired, I was a truck driver for a national food chain (Kroger).  For safety reasons I did not wear my wedding ring on the job.  Many times over the 45 years I would leave a store to deliver the next one, and on the way I would reminisce about the previous delivery.  I would find myself saying....... did that female receiver really say what I think she said?  Any subsequent trips back to the same store would leave me pretending like I never heard a thing.  

During the course of my career I have seen several women come on to men.They did not care if they were married.In fact if they were married that made them safer.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1984

How do you feel when someone who is married...flirts with/hits on you? (online or offline)

If a married person hits on you, how do you react? I used to think such things were harmless, but I've seen a few friends of mine lose their marriages over 'harmless' flirtations that turned into full blown affairs before long. People think that affairs start overnight, but they start with flirtations, etc. I've never been married, but thought I'd pose the question here. 

a lot depends on how well I know the person. If it was someone that I barely know, or just a casual aquaintance, i usually ignore it or shut them down. If its someone Ive known for a long time and I know theyre joking on occasion well joke around a bit, depending on the purpose. I have a few friends that we might joke flirt on occasion, never on a regular basis though, and never anything we wouldnt say while our significant other was in the room.

This make a lot of sense. If you have boundaries and the people involved understand it's light hearted and silly, nothing serious...then it should be ok. I tend to not flirt though with married people at all. I feel that for some, all it takes is a slight opening to walk through, and I don't want the things I say to be misconstrued. I'm not much of a flirt even with single men lol I'm friendly, and men may flirt with me, but I tend to only flirt after I'm dating someone. But married people are off limits. Even guys who have gf's are off limits. I tend to lose respect pretty quickly for people who are in relationships, and act like they're not, when around others, when their SO's are out of sight.

If the man or woman is married run for your life like curious said.If a person is in a serious relationship that is always a red flag as well like you said.Some people feel that until you have that ring on their finger that anything goes but that is not showing a lot of integrity or commitment.Some men can turn on their charm and that is when the brain kicks in and you have to put aside your emotions and ignore what your heart is telling you.Satan is right there and He also has a lot of charm.Evil charm.

Satan does have a lot of charm, false charm...yes, good post!

Yea that's right, an old preacher named leonard ravenhill once quoted and said: the things in this life that charm me the most helps me the least.

I think that flirting is ok between two single consenting adults.It is a way for a man and woman to tell each other that they are interested.But it can not get out of hand and their needs to be boundaries.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

At work I once had a dirty old man tell me he would take me to paradice.  I couldn't resist an opening like that.  I told him that Jesus had already bought me a free ticket to paradice and had paid for it with His blood!  He died for my sins and He died for yours, too.   He didn't say another word, which was good since I was assigned him as a client.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

At work I once had a dirty old man tell me he would take me to paradice.  I couldn't resist an opening like that.  I told him that Jesus had already bought me a free ticket to paradice and had paid for it with His blood!  He died for my sins and He died for yours, too.   He didn't say another word, which was good since I was assigned him as a client.

Great Witness there Willa,  I like it when we shut the devil completely down.  Cool

Take you to paradise? pound.gifWho did he think he was? Good reply.Satan must have hated that.

That's awesome!! Truly, I really think that is the best response to give. :)

I've never been  of the opinion that flirting is harmless. To a great extent I think many people ignore their moral conscience in favor of inflating their own egos. The best advice I can give is ,you don't put yourself into those situations in the first place as much as possible and you can withdraw yourself from a situation if it arises and set boundaries from the beginning with members of the opposite sex. Some people take the attention as flattery and allow lines to be crossed.  There are degrees of familiarity & interacting that are inappropriate and it is a matter of self-respect and being respected by others.   Sometimes someone will try to flirt or cross the line if they think someone is easy or slutty. Other times someone just tries to flirt with anyone and everyone just to see if they can get away with it -  never do I take it as a compliment.

The other thing is that the Bible says John 10:10  "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."  Satan tries to destroy people in 100's of different ways.   He tries to cause people to sin 24/7, he tries to get Christian's  to lower their moral standard and tempts people with whatever is their particular weakness or lust. He will send some kind of a temptation your way dressed in a package that is most pleasing to you, are you going to recognize it for what it is? Are you prepared to deal with it in a Godly way and resist it before it takes you down a wrong path?  His plan to cause a person to be destroyed or to destroy their marriage for example might be a 10yr plan but that is nothing to a supernatural being that has been around since GOD created the angels. These things don't happen all at once but a bit at a time.  The Devil has a whole army at his disposal and unwitting willing humans who are partnered with him. If you ignore the gentle voice of the Holy Spirit and your conscience you might stop hearing His wisdom & instructions for your life and one day find your conscience has been seared.  

I agree. Thank you for this. Since coming back to my faith, I feel so elated and overjoyed, but there are people and situations that I feel Jesus calling me away from. I don't want to appear snobby to people, and I'm not better than anyone, but there are situations, forums, places, people etc that are just not healthy for me with my faith walk. Not healthy for me, in general either. :(