Riverwalker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.41
  • Days Won:  0

God did not create Adam with the appearance of age.  "Appearance of Age" is not biblical.  God created man in His likeness (or image).

Who said anything about Adam having "the appearance of age"? That was in reference to the earth. Adam was created as a fully grown man, and every creature was created as fully developed. Please read my post again.

It is certainly implied when it is used in the same paragraph as "the appearance of age" for the earth. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.41
  • Days Won:  0

That's not true, but you just don't know it.  Don't let your ego get in the way of recognizing truth when it crosses your path.  I'm sure we will agree on much in the future.  On this, we should agree to disagree.  Shalom.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

God is not the author of confusion, and anyone who believes that is so far off to the left they may never find their way back. 

When God creates something its perfect in every way. Sin is what makes anything and everything God has created, done and planed for mankind chaos, confused and imperfect.

Deleted my post because it seem they are a waste of time, too many Scriptures to check, the get rebuffed without one Scripture in support of the rebuttle?

Deleted. Too may scriptures to read, check and double check so we will just say this is a waste of time, without giving one scripture to support the rebuttle.

Good luck in trying to explain the ideas and beliefs and traditions of men.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Hazard, 

It seems to me that your reasoning, is like beginning with the Bible, then being slung away from it, and then trying to land in the same spot on the Bible with double vision.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

It always fascinates me when people try to put God in a box

Question....what bible scripture or rule says that everything God creates has to be brand spanking new?

Adam was created as a full grown man, mature in every way.   he was not made a baby.  If you were to look at him on day one, you might have though he was 25 or 30. because God made him that way

Eve was the same way, God did not create Eve and present her to Adam as a baby....but as a WOMAN  (Whoa Man!)

All of the animals were similarly created fully mature.....

So how big of a stretch is it to believe that God created the earth already old.....4 billion years old, with a history in place (including those pesky fossils), ready to support life, ready in all ways for Act 1 of His grand play?

Science teaches us that young planets cannot support life, that they are too violent , too devoid of life.  God would not plop us a new planet and expect us to live. No He would provide an environment that was run in and ready to support life..... So why would it take 4 billion years for God to do that, when He could just speak a 4 billion year old universe into being.

So in this scenario, Yes the universe is 4 billion years old, all of science would register that.... because that is the way God made it....6000 years ago.

Many things are given to us in life as a test....mostly about to determine our pride and humility. To me, this is a perfect test.  God says He made it in 6 days 6000 years ago by speaking it into being.....man says it exploded into existence and developed over 4 billion years.   Who are you going to believe.

This is really only a problem if you can't think outside the box you are trying to put God In.

But God....can do anything....even causing those  who are "professing to be wise, (to) become fools" Romans 1:22

An interesting take, and thanks for sharing. All things are possible, but the most obvious is usually the right answer with God, because He speaks to the adult and the child at the same time. 

The Genesis story is extremely profound, with deep concepts, while fully retaining a simplicity fit for children. That's what I like most about God, His inclusive and broad wisdom.

We naturally measure maturity with full functionality and completion, and the time up to that point as necessary for that to occur. We might think of the creation week as a completed piece of work, which God says it is, but it was only a beginning, so many things may have been created dependent on the next moment to improve and mature.

Adam and Eve themselves, were inexperienced, and their maturity would have come later, if they had passed the test of the forbidden tree.

The main objection I see to the idea of a creation made with age, is that it implies age/experience as necessary for life, when God is that 'age and experience,' for creation, and creation does not need its own maturity to exist. (I did not say God is experienced, I said He is experience. Pardon my inadequacy.)

One way we can test truth about nature is if it agrees with the principles of the Gospel. In this case we would be led to believe that trust in Christ has to come with a built in experience, or history of maturing. Do you get what I am saying? But the Gospel states that in order for God to be able to create a new heart requires nothing, and it even goes so far as to say that the opposite to life - darkness, lifelessness and being dead in trespasses and sins is the perfect opportunity for God to create. It says that the light of God shone "out of the darkness" not into it. It eats up the darkness and turns it into light.

And so with creation, there was nothing, deep darkness, no experience, nothing, and from that, God's light creates life, fully dependent on His sustaining power, and not on an inbuilt supportive 'history.'

But your point illustrates how God would have created the provisions for each creation as if it had always existed, that's His wonderful ability. Thanks to your post this came to mind.

Hazard is that just more copy and paste from the heretic, Finis Jennings Dake?

Wow, that's drawing a long bow. So now your a heretic hunter, judge, jury, and accuser! Nothing to add, too many Scriptures to check and recheck then maybe show one or two as a rebuttle?

Luke 10:21, In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Forget it, I have deleted the posts, No worries. Thank you!