• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,803
  • Content Per Day:  7.96
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Yes, Steven, I agree.  We are to let go of this world.  Give it up. Crucify our flesh.  All so that we can lay hold of and keep hold of His truth.  So I would say now that a giving nature is a good sign, or fruit of maturity, which I now see that there must be other fruits, such as being able to let go of the world and our will in the wisdom of obtaining God's will and eternity.  I would then determine that the Way, the Truth, and the Life, who is Christ Jesus, and our pursuit of Him is the goal of maturity, and our growth in Christ is the maturing in itself. 

If we can do this (in the Holy Spirit of course), then we will be His bride, without spot or blemish.  It takes two mature people to enter into a successful marriage.  Prayer helps a lot. :D

Yes spot on... it totally reassembles the value system and for me ... I have become a fool to the world I am in- for I do not love
what the majority loves. I have become un-relatable and with no thing of interest in common they just scratch their heads and
say -what- . When I try to explain that which will be must be considered in the now for proper directives of living >a complete
broken path or gulf is fixed between them and myself<

Col 3:1-4
3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

KJV
In all this I now understand the clarity in which God testifies to me
1 John 4:13
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

KJV
Growth in God is assurance of that which is not yet realized in flesh 'yet'  more of substance than all that flesh began in....
Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

You are talking to another fool :P

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I don't believe that denying what we want is all the answer, because some of the instincts we have, promote the best offspring. It is natural to choose someone who is symmetrical, healthy, tall, straight, strong, intelligent, sociable etc.... The right partner is the one you choose to love and one who appreciates that. The biggest pre-commitment questions should be "Is our love for God the same? Are we heading in the same direction, with the same intentions of decreasing suffering in the world, and allowing our family unit to be an example of Christian virtues?"

Whether you both like tennis or not is more important for matchmaking shows, but in real life, it makes little difference to the success of the relationship. Everyone is different anyway, and it glorifies God when we learn how to live in harmony, by making compromises, sharing, allowing space for new ideas, and showing interest in each other's lives.

Let me just ask you a question- and I want you to be very honest with me here. Suppose you or a relative happens to be on the disadvantaged side of your choice, what will you advice? Everyone should avoid you? Never consider you good enough for marriage?

Remember, do to others as you would have them do to you. Just turn around the table to yourself, and just make it a food for thought.

That is a very compassionate and right attitude. I think everyone ought to be loved, I find the need for love attractive. But when it comes to deciding the well being of the offspring, health should be first in question and purpose, don't you think?

The well being and the health of the offspring is not for us as humans to determine. It is God that determines the well being and health of the offspring. Hence, the most important thing to do when looking for a life partner, is to ask for God's direction. Because I don't believe God can mismanage our destinies. Including those of our offsprings. If God says go, then just go regardless of what you see, and I promise you, he'll take care of things.

Whether we think that the health of the offspring is up to us to manage or not, if the child is born with disabilities it falls onto the human race to deal with that problem. I have not heard of too many deformed babies suddenly being healed by a miracle from heaven.

There are numerous precautions we can take these days with DNA analysis etc. to prevent abnormalities. I believe that if anyone in the world should take these precautions it is Christians. We do our best within our power, to select a partner with good health, the right attitudes towards living standards and planning a family, in order to reduce suffering in the world.

Well, I've seen normal parents give birth to disabled children... How do you explain that?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

I don't believe that denying what we want is all the answer, because some of the instincts we have, promote the best offspring. It is natural to choose someone who is symmetrical, healthy, tall, straight, strong, intelligent, sociable etc.... The right partner is the one you choose to love and one who appreciates that. The biggest pre-commitment questions should be "Is our love for God the same? Are we heading in the same direction, with the same intentions of decreasing suffering in the world, and allowing our family unit to be an example of Christian virtues?"

Whether you both like tennis or not is more important for matchmaking shows, but in real life, it makes little difference to the success of the relationship. Everyone is different anyway, and it glorifies God when we learn how to live in harmony, by making compromises, sharing, allowing space for new ideas, and showing interest in each other's lives.

Let me just ask you a question- and I want you to be very honest with me here. Suppose you or a relative happens to be on the disadvantaged side of your choice, what will you advice? Everyone should avoid you? Never consider you good enough for marriage?

Remember, do to others as you would have them do to you. Just turn around the table to yourself, and just make it a food for thought.

That is a very compassionate and right attitude. I think everyone ought to be loved, I find the need for love attractive. But when it comes to deciding the well being of the offspring, health should be first in question and purpose, don't you think?

Why?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

It is false teaching to say that God wants all his people to marry.  Jesus said that those who could refrain should.  It does go against scripture to demand that one refrain from being married.  

As far as how to find a good wife, ask the Father to send his Servant and pick you out a wife and bring her to you.  He can only do that which is good.  

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Jesus said that those who could refrain should.  

Please give the scripture reference for this.  I know Paul said that he wished all were single like him.  I was not aware that Jesus said to refrain from marrying.  Thank you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Well, I've seen normal parents give birth to disabled children... How do you explain that?

It happens.

Please give the scripture reference for this.  I know Paul said that he wished all were single like him.  I was not aware that Jesus said to refrain from marrying.  Thank you.

mat 19

You're welcome 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

It is false teaching to say that God wants all his people to marry.  Jesus said that those who could refrain should.  It does go against scripture to demand that one refrain from being married.  

As far as how to find a good wife, ask the Father to send his Servant and pick you out a wife and bring her to you.  He can only do that which is good.  

Ask Father to send his servant and pick out a wife and bring to you? What servant exactly, can you clear the air?

Ask Father to send his servant and pick out a wife and bring to you? What servant exactly, can you clear the air?

Absoutely!  Ask Father God to send his Servant the Holy Spirit to pick out a wife for you and bring her to you.  It works.  I did it.  I would not have picked her for myself but it has turned out to be wonderful.  Ahe is just what I needed!  Thank You for asking for clarity.