IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

HELLO EVERYONE, I was roaming around in the old testament and in Leviticus I came arcoss that we, if we are believers and follow God ,we are not to eat swines flesh  in chapter 11, now I did not know this ,but I heard it on the radio the calvary chapel question and answer show, saying that this was in the past, and it does not affect us today,as gentile christians or that it was a custom of the past , and now we are under grace and not under the law, so we can eat all the bacon we want, is this biblical ?

So are we under grace that we do not follow what God commanded us as it pertains to pork,?

is the saying that we as gentiles are not under the same customs to carry out  per God ?

does it make  a differents of how we acknowledge this ,compared to the people of Israel?

I know the scripture verse do not let anyone judge you of what you eat  etc, and that we are under a new covenant of grace, so please help me understand ,

why we do not have to follow this and if God states its a abomination, how do we get away with this rebellious act?

I am sincere about getting a valid and logical correct answer, that is proven by scripture ,that we do not have to follow this!

for God is the same yesterday ,today and tomorrow, is this another way that satan has deceived the gentiles?

I really appreciate your opinions and advise on this, thank you brothers and sisters.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,I do believe it is ok to eat pork.I love pork :).We do not have to be legalistic and follow the OT laws.

Edited by bopeep1909

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

The dietary laws of the Old Covenant are now null and void. The restrictions on what Christians should or should not eat are in Acts 15 (going back to Noah's Covenant). But all meats may be eaten according to 1 Timothy 4:3-5.  As Jesus said, it is not what goes in which defiles, but what comes out of man.  Yes you can eat all the bacon you want, but if you engage in gluttony, you have already crossed the line.

Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

BTW this should be moved out of the Prophecy section.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

HELLO EVERYONE, I was roaming around in the old testament and in Leviticus I came arcoss that we, if we are believers and follow God ,we are not to eat swines flesh  in chapter 11, now I did not know this ,but I heard it on the radio the calvary chapel question and answer show, saying that this was in the past, and it does not affect us today,as gentile christians or that it was a custom of the past , and now we are under grace and not under the law, so we can eat all the bacon we want, is this biblical ?

So are we under grace that we do not follow what God commanded us as it pertains to pork,?

is the saying that we as gentiles are not under the same customs to carry out  per God ?

does it make  a differents of how we acknowledge this ,compared to the people of Israel?

I know the scripture verse do not let anyone judge you of what you eat  etc, and that we are under a new covenant of grace, so please help me understand ,

why we do not have to follow this and if God states its a abomination, how do we get away with this rebellious act?

I am sincere about getting a valid and logical correct answer, that is proven by scripture ,that we do not have to follow this!

for God is the same yesterday ,today and tomorrow, is this another way that satan has deceived the gentiles?

I really appreciate your opinions and advise on this, thank you brothers and sisters.

Paul made it very clear that believers were free to eat anything, even meats offered in the market place, much of which would have been food forbidden under the Mosaic Law, and where virtually all meats had been offered to idols even, and to ask no questions.    If you were at a feast you were to eat whatever was set before you without asking questions.  The only time you were to abstain was if there was a brother whose conscience was weaker and believed eating such food was a sin, then you were to abstain for the sake of their conscience so they would not be emboldened to eat something against their conscience, for Paul said, whatever is not of faith is sin. Thus you would have caused your brother to sin.

But for yourself, if you understand all things are permissible to eat, there is no sin in eating pork.

1Co 10:23

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

1Co 10:24
Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.

1Co 10:25
Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

1Co 10:26
For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.

1Co 10:27
If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.

1Co 10:28
But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

1Co 10:29
Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?

1Co 10:30
For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks?

1Co 10:31
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

1Co 10:32
Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

1Co 10:33
Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

And here:

Rom 14:1

Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

Rom 14:2
For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

Rom 14:3
Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Rom 14:4
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Rom 14:5
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Rom 14:6
He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Rom 14:7
For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

Rom 14:8
For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Rom 14:9
For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Rom 14:10
But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Rom 14:11
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Rom 14:12
So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Rom 14:13
Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

Rom 14:14

I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Rom 14:15
But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

Rom 14:16
Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

Rom 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Rom 14:18
For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

Rom 14:19
Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Rom 14:20
For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

Rom 14:21
It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

Rom 14:22
Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

Rom 14:23
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Pass the bacon. That's all I'm sayin'  :laugh:  If a believer feels they shouldn't eat it, that's fine - more for me & at a lower price due to less demand!  :whistling:

However: I'm not going to run anyone down if they feel the personal need to follow the OT food laws. Believers are free to do so if they so choose, but are not required to. They just don't need to be telling others they have to, or getting legalistic about it. 

Edited by walla299

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Pass the bacon. That's all I'm sayin'  :laugh:  If a believer feels they shouldn't eat it, that's fine - more for me & at a lower price due to less demand!  :whistling:

However: I'm not going to run anyone down if they feel the personal need to follow the OT food laws. Believers are free to do so if they so choose, but are not required too. They just don't need to be telling others they have to, or getting legalistic about it. 

I agree.Pass the bacon please :)

• Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

However: I'm not going to run anyone down if they feel the personal need to follow the OT food laws. Believers are free to do so if they so choose, but are not required too. They just don't need to be telling others they have to, or getting legalistic about it. 

I agree.Pass the bacon please :)

Except little piggies are so cute and extremely intelligent.   My daughter now refuses to east any pork of any kind and wants a little piglet for a pet.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Legalism kills, SS. Trying to keep the old testament laws will break your heart. If you use any of them as your benchmark--instead of Christi's completed work on the cross--you'll have to keep them ALL, and that's an impossible goal. Thank God for the blood of Jesus that has freed us from that bondage!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The dietary laws of the Old Covenant are now null and void. The restrictions on what Christians should or should not eat are in Acts 15 (going back to Noah's Covenant). But all meats may be eaten according to 1 Timothy 4:3-5.  As Jesus said, it is not what goes in which defiles, but what comes out of man.  Yes you can eat all the bacon you want, but if you engage in gluttony, you have already crossed the line.

Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

BTW this should be moved out of the Prophecy section.

Right, but i found it interesting that the eating blood is forbidden before the law - Genesis 9:4 ; and under the law - Levi. 17:10 ; and even now after the law = ....

Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Also 15:29 and 21:25 forbid eating blood.

After i learned this, i keep a close eye on who is cooking!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

Right, but i found it interesting that the eating blood is forbidden before the law - Genesis 9:4 ; and under the law - Levi. 17:10 ; and even now after the law = ....

Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Also 15:29 and 21:25 forbid eating blood.

After i learned this, i keep a close eye on who is cooking!

Absolutely.  So the next question Christians should ask themselves is *Why did God forbid the consumption of blood by His people since the time of Noah (possibly even before the time of Noah), and why is this still binding on Christians?*

The immediate answer is found in Scripture. "The LIFE of the flesh is in the blood" (Gen 9:4; Lev 17:11), and only God has the right to take life. After the blood has been drained from an animal (not possible with strangulation) we are left with the flesh, which is permitted for consumption.

But the deeper answer is found in the meaning of the animal sacrifices in the OT, all of which were types of the sacrifice of Christ and the SHED BLOOD of the Lamb of God for the remissions of sins.  When an animal was sacrificed, its blood was poured out as an offering to God.  This prefigured what Christ would do on the Cross, since the Lamb of God was slain "from before the foundation of the world" (1 Pet 1:19,20), and His blood would literally be poured out for our salvation (our redemption, since we were purchased with this blood).  Because Christ's blood -- called the blood of God (Acts 20:28) --  was represented by the blood of animals for centuries, it would be sacrilegious for men to consume blood.  All creatures were created as herbivores, and if was only after the Fall that creatures became carnivorous (Gen 1:29,30).