IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

May the Lord forgive me if I mis-step here. 

My brother Ezra stated that my sister BoPeep responded incorrectly ( "wrong answer " ). My brother also stated that my sister rejects Scripture. While I have suspicions that my brother and sister have misinterpreted one another, I will allow them to work it out with Christ and the Holy Spirit as the mediator. I am no substitute in that regard.

I have mis-spoken ( thank you Davida ). I apologize, but love you both and trust in God to see you both through this. ( note to self: keep mouth / fingers at in check, idiot ).

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,821
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 4 November, 2015 9:47:16 PM, SINNERSAVED said:

HELLO EVERYONE, I was roaming around in the old testament and in Leviticus I came arcoss that we, if we are believers and follow God ,we are not to eat swines flesh  in chapter 11, now I did not know this ,but I heard it on the radio the calvary chapel question and answer show, saying that this was in the past, and it does not affect us today,as gentile christians or that it was a custom of the past , and now we are under grace and not under the law, so we can eat all the bacon we want, is this biblical ?

So are we under grace that we do not follow what God commanded us as it pertains to pork,?

is the saying that we as gentiles are not under the same customs to carry out  per God ?

does it make  a differents of how we acknowledge this ,compared to the people of Israel?

I know the scripture verse do not let anyone judge you of what you eat  etc, and that we are under a new covenant of grace, so please help me understand ,

why we do not have to follow this and if God states its a abomination, how do we get away with this rebellious act?

I am sincere about getting a valid and logical correct answer, that is proven by scripture ,that we do not have to follow this!

for God is the same yesterday ,today and tomorrow, is this another way that satan has deceived the gentiles?

I really appreciate your opinions and advise on this, thank you brothers and sisters.

God may be the same today and yesterday and tomorow, but his covenants have change, and he is changing with his covenants.

But I believe that this scripture is referring to Jesus, that he will never change no matter what, like God in the past who has change, ( don't take me out of contex, like moving With righteous indignation, cause I can prove what I said and you will agree.

Back to your post, 

If you were a missionary and Jesus sents you in a place to, and you are quite sure that he is the one who sent you there. 

Getting there you face a situation you have never wish it will come your way.

The only means of livelihood and sustaining life and earning income in that area has been for generations guess what, raising pigs, and rabbits and eating frogs,

What would you do, if you find someone there teaching the Gospel to them and joining them in their feast of roasted pork, and praising the name of Jesus with Songs and Hymns.

Are you going to tell them, that Jesus is not accepting their faith because of the food, and that they are lost in hell, even thought they believe in Jesus Christ? 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

17 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

God may be the same today and yesterday and tomorow, but his covenants have change, and he is changing with his covenants.

But I believe that this scripture is referring to Jesus, that he will never change no matter what, like God in the past who has change, ( don't take me out of contex, like moving With righteous indignation, cause I can prove what I said and you will agree.

Back to your post, 

If you were a missionary and Jesus sents you in a place to, and you are quite sure that he is the one who sent you there. 

Getting there you face a situation you have never wish it will come your way.

The only means of livelihood and sustaining life and earning income in that area has been for generations guess what, raising pigs, and rabbits and eating frogs,

What would you do, if you find someone there teaching the Gospel to them and joining them in their feast of roasted pork, and praising the name of Jesus with Songs and Hymns.

Are you going to tell them, that Jesus is not accepting their faith because of the food, and that they are lost in hell, even thought they believe in Jesus Christ? 

I will take your suggestion, as your way of looking at it, but lets try this? that if I was on that missionary  journey and I could eat vegetables, or other plants, or fruits , I would do that, and convince them to sell there pigs for chickens, that would probably , be what I would try to do, and then show them the scripture, why , and what is stated, 

for we fail to see that we cannot in this world  continue to live comfortable lives , and not start to sacrifice !, to be in accordance with God, for the evil is here ! and its among us, and we will have to make decisions starting today , until our end , or when the lord comes to stand for god and his commandments, for we so quickly fold.... now ,

then you have not given your self totally to god and surrendered to give your all, God said to love him .....with all of your mind ,body and soul, and he will make a way and provide, and if it be I am locked up and killed , for his name sake ,then that is my service to him, I will still have my faith in Him,  we are to sacrifice our selves to him, this is our right service to him, for we are bought with a price ! a very high price ! , and we are not of our selves anymore, but we are now ,vessels of the lord to be used as He wishes, denying the self , and focused on him,

so I am going to take a step of faith , and confess to everyone, in my conscience, I cannot truly eat pork, do to the conviction of my spirit , that it is against God, and it does not mater what we are under ,grace , or moses  law, or what ever, I personally, and this is my own opinion,  that we need to start to make the sacrifices now, and stop compromising, for even if I am wrong in this subject, I will have a clear mind knowing I was doing everything ,and the best I could to be pleasing to our lord and savior and this is my commitment,.

do you know why we fast ? it  is so we are more intuned with God, for he provides and we feel that as we do this of our selves, but it is also to train your body ,for the times ahead , if you where not given food, and it would not be so bad, and again, this is my thinking,

God is not only !, trying to prepare your hearts and minds, but you have to also discipline your body, ,worshiping God with all your mind ,soul and body.... this is clear.

13 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I will take your suggestion, as your way of looking at it, but lets try this? that if I was on that missionary  journey and I could eat vegetables, or other plants, or fruits , I would do that, and convince them to sell there pigs for chickens, that would probably , be what I would try to do, and then show them the scripture, why , and what is stated, 

for we fail to see that we cannot in this world  continue to live comfortable lives , and not start to sacrifice !, to be in accordance with God, for the evil is here ! and its among us, and we will have to make decisions starting today , until our end , or when the lord comes to stand for god and his commandments, for we so quickly fold.... now ,

then you have not given your self totally to god and surrendered to give your all, God said to love him .....with all of your mind ,body and soul, and he will make a way and provide, and if it be I am locked up and killed , for his name sake ,then that is my service to him, I will still have my faith in Him,  we are to sacrifice our selves to him, this is our right service to him, for we are bought with a price ! a very high price ! , and we are not of our selves anymore, but we are now ,vessels of the lord to be used as He wishes, denying the self , and focused on him,

so I am going to take a step of faith , and confess to everyone, in my conscience, I cannot truly eat pork, do to the conviction of my spirit , that it is against God, and it does not mater what we are under ,grace , or moses  law, or what ever, I personally, and this is my own opinion,  that we need to start to make the sacrifices now, and stop compromising, for even if I am wrong in this subject, I will have a clear mind knowing I was doing everything ,and the best I could to be pleasing to our lord and savior and this is my commitment,.

do you know why we fast ? it  is so we are more intuned with God, for he provides and we feel that as we do this of our selves, but it is also to train your body ,for the times ahead , if you where not given food, and it would not be so bad, and again, this is my thinking,

God is not only !, trying to prepare your hearts and minds, but you have to also discipline your body, ,worshiping God with all your mind ,soul and body.... this is clear.

In the example Above, we have to consider that the Holy Spirit knew every thing about these people and did surprise the missionary, he did not tell the missionary anything about what he is going to find there, is it possible for Jesus to put the missionary in this awkward situation, when the Spirit also new the standing position of the missionary in these matters and also knew how important was for the missionary to guard his consience, and put his consience above all.

Im this peculiar situation the missionary may even protect his consience by thinking that Jesus will not ask him to do anything that trouble his consience. And thus he may be guided by how his consience agrees with what he does.

Having as a guide the peace of his consience. 

And having this in his understanding, he may entertain the thought that my consience is trouble, then what I am ask to do is not from God. And even thinking that he may have follow some other Spirit and not the Holy Spirit. 

4 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

In the example Above, we have to consider that the Holy Spirit knew every thing about these people and did surprise the missionary, he did not tell the missionary anything about what he is going to find there, is it possible for Jesus to put the missionary in this awkward situation, when the Spirit also new the standing position of the missionary in these matters and also knew how important was for the missionary to guard his consience, and put his consience above all.

Im this peculiar situation the missionary may even protect his consience by thinking that Jesus will not ask him to do anything that trouble his consience. And thus he may be guided by how his consience agrees with what he does.

Having as a guide the peace of his consience. 

And having this in his understanding, he may entertain the thought that my consience is trouble, then what I am ask to do is not from God. And even thinking that he may have follow some other Spirit and not the Holy Spirit. 

I see what you are saying and I do understand where you are coming from, I get it, but I am sure even with the unseen in front of us , that if we do  or have to make a step in what we don't feel is right, our conscience will , and by the holy spirit we will be guided to make the right decision, for it is by acknowledging our faults and Gods power that we are able to tackle anything that comes to us, for we will not be tempted beyond what we know to be true, or to make a decision that is other then the thought of Jesus and what God would want us to do,

I know this might sound tacky ,but, if for anything that I face, if I think to my self, honestly, WWJD ? and then I feel what ever decision I make it will be , the best choice , inline with scripture and to lean on and draw power from God and not my own strength , for nothing is impossible with God,

Eating pork has nothing to do of how we perceive it.

Only for before the Cross, God had inform the Israelites that he will only accept his people "clean", that meant something about the Jewish coulture, but the main point it was that only the Israelites were considered clean, and the rest of the world was unclean.

Two people in the world, 

Eating pork it was not about the meat, it was that the clean person of the Israelite nation by eating unclean meat, becomes unclean too, and is cut off from his people and from God too, even if he believes with all his been and fast and prays. 

After the Cross Jesus has made everyone and everything clean, there is only one people on earth, every one is clean. Everyone I did not say the believers, everyone.

That's why the scripture says , give the message and as the believe are saved. (a litle bit paraphrase, but still within the meaning). 

I will tell you something that had torment me for some time in the past, because you are friendly, and if you laugh, I am laughing too now. 

When I read Paul saying "do not eat meat with blood in it, a terrible fear came upon me, because I was eating the steaks Medium Rare, and I started to cook it Well Done, 

And one time out of the blue, a brother start saying that Paul was referring to a pagan retual to strangle the animal and not let the blood run.

You see that because of my sensere desire to please Jesus I had made a fast step and had mistaken the instruction of Paul as a cooking instruction.

I did not considered the contex and the reason why he had to say that and to whom did he say it. And what was the coulture of the people he was addressing, 

18 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Eating pork has nothing to do of how we perceive it.

Only for before the Cross, God had inform the Israelites that he will only accept his people "clean", that meant something about the Jewish coulture, but the main point it was that only the Israelites were considered clean, and the rest of the world was unclean.

Two people in the world, 

Eating pork it was not about the meat, it was that the clean person of the Israelite nation by eating unclean meat, becomes unclean too, and is cut off from his people and from God too, even if he believes with all his been and fast and prays. 

After the Cross Jesus has made everyone and everything clean, there is only one people on earth, every one is clean. Everyone I did not say the believers, everyone.

That's why the scripture says , give the message and as the believe are saved. (a litle bit paraphrase, but still within the meaning). 

I will tell you something that had torment me for some time in the past, because you are friendly, and if you laugh, I am laughing too now. 

When I read Paul saying "do not eat meat with blood in it, a terrible fear came upon me, because I was eating the steaks Medium Rare, and I started to cook it Well Done, 

And one time out of the blue, a brother start saying that Paul was referring to a pagan retual to strangle the animal and not let the blood run.

You see that because of my sensere desire to please Jesus I had made a fast step and had mistaken the instruction of Paul as a cooking instruction.

I did not considered the contex and the reason why he had to say that and to whom did he say it. And what was the coulture of the people he was addressing, 

I like that honesty closest friendnt, and so I am not pushing or , trying to go over board with this, , but I am determind, to try to do the right thing with in my understanding of what I am reading, and I see what you are saying and agree that the jews were clean and the gentiles are unclean, and that we are brought in also into the brances of the olive tree, as the people that god came for to start with, so I do really get it  ,and I am okay if anyone disagrees with  my statement, but I would rather , try to do what I can with my own control ,if I question what I am doing or reading, for I want to not be ignorant , that just because everyone says its okay ,that it is okay, and we are all trying to , do our best, everyone of us, in learning and growing in he grace of our lord, so thank you that you shared that with me, and so my dilemma is that with all that was said and done, and it is not what goes in , but what comes from the heart,? that defiles a man,

I am stuck on the scripture , in Isaiah 66 verse 15,16, 17 ,18 that states god will come after the man behind the tree ,eating swines flesh, and is a abomination to him, so this is strong words of God, and so I cannot take it lightly, I think when you read it you will see what I am saying, this is a strong statement , and he will not tolerate this?

but if I am wrong ,or there is another interpretation to this? I then, am all ears ,so everyone don't think I am trying to push another false teaching or making things up,

I am reading what I see, it is in the old testament , but I believe it refers to the coming future ?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,097
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

And then there are the true stories of how people fell into hog enclosures and were attacked and eaten by the hogs; who are, after all, carnivorous. Never have heard of a cow eating a man, however.

But please, don't let this stop you from enjoying your bacon.

Apparently I am on a few " ignore " lists. 

William ( if this actually shows ), some cows are fed other cows, but don't let that stop you from eating that steak, LOL !

Still, I think the direction of the topic is what is, and what is not allowable by God for His own to eat. 

I could quote that it isn't what goes into a man's mouth that defiles him, but rather what comes out of it ( paraphrased ).