IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2015 at 6:47 PM, SINNERSAVED said:

HELLO EVERYONE, I was roaming around in the old testament and in Leviticus I came arcoss that we, if we are believers and follow God ,we are not to eat swines flesh  in chapter 11, now I did not know this ,but I heard it on the radio the calvary chapel question and answer show, saying that this was in the past, and it does not affect us today,as gentile christians or that it was a custom of the past , and now we are under grace and not under the law, so we can eat all the bacon we want, is this biblical ?

So are we under grace that we do not follow what God commanded us as it pertains to pork,?

is the saying that we as gentiles are not under the same customs to carry out  per God ?

does it make  a differents of how we acknowledge this ,compared to the people of Israel?

I know the scripture verse do not let anyone judge you of what you eat  etc, and that we are under a new covenant of grace, so please help me understand ,

why we do not have to follow this and if God states its a abomination, how do we get away with this rebellious act?

I am sincere about getting a valid and logical correct answer, that is proven by scripture ,that we do not have to follow this!

for God is the same yesterday ,today and tomorrow, is this another way that satan has deceived the gentiles?

I really appreciate your opinions and advise on this, thank you brothers and sisters.

As you said the old testament. We in Christ are in the new covenant made in Christs blood. The uncircumcised in foreskin of the flesh were never bound to food laws of the old covenant, so what does the New covenant teachers have to say? In short, we are not to become circumcised in the foreskin of the flesh. We are free to eat non kosher in Christ.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/20/1958

Romans 14: 13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 15If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. 16Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

19Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.

22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, DanL said:

not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother

look up that in the New Testament in other places.

I may if I have time shortly, Yahweh willing.

it surprised me too, last month.

it will surprise a lot of people if they read what Scripture says.

((if they accept Scripture as Truth, as Yahweh's Standard)).

Jeff, the Greek word for "stumbling block" is "skandalon." It also pertained to the trigger in a trap and it is the word from which we got our English word, "scandal."

Jesus was scandalous, especially to the Pharisees--and still is to some.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 11/5/2015 at 8:53 PM, bopeep1909 said:

Yes,I do believe it is ok to eat pork.I love pork :).We do not have to be legalistic and follow the OT laws.

Well we do follow the 10 Commandants but we are not under the old law.  I too believe it's OK to eat pork.  As bopeep said we are not legalistic.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 2/13/2016 at 8:04 PM, DanL said:

Jeff, the Greek word for "stumbling block" is "skandalon." It also pertained to the trigger in a trap and it is the word from which we got our English word, "scandal."

Jesus was scandalous, especially to the Pharisees--and still is to some.

Thank you DanL I just learned something.

how about puffer fish ?  ((just a tangent thought))

also,

lookup "stumbling block" in the NT.  ((in context/ meaning/ with surrounding sentence(s)))

any language will do, even english.

it is a BIG SURPRISE to ((almost)) everyone ,  ... ... ...  well,  not to those who don't find it.... 

plain english.

yet never , never , never heard in most churches, or here, or across the world.

((like Yeshua, it is scandalous)) ((in churches only))

I've been asked to give the sermon in my church on Palm Sunday. In that Palm Sunday scene, I've always been intrigued by Jesus' statement to the Pharisees that if He were to silence the crowds shouting "Hosanna" the very stones would cry out. My current pastor mentioned that she (yes, "she") once gave a sermon that the stones are indeed crying out. She makes several references to stones in othe parts of the Gospels. Among them is the cap stone, the stone the builders rejected. Jesus is not only the cap stone and the corner stone, but the stumbling block that has been rejected is now the stone on which the entire church of Christ is built. Additionally, I plan to tie in this blog.  While we in the US are lamenting the decline of Christianity and many of us point to that decline as one of the signs of the end times, we are being prideful in that in the vast majority of the world, millions of people are coming to Christ. In fact, many nations are in the process of amazing revival. So, in our arrogance and self-importance we are clueless in that the stones are indeed crying out His praises. The "decline" of Christianity is a lie from the father of lies meant to steal our joy, kill our faith, and destroy the Church. Yes, we need to be intentional and witness to the love of Jesus, but we should absolutely NOT believe that this is the last hurrah of the Church before Christ returns. Yes, there are many signs that the end grows closer each day, but the final signs are not in place yet. US history shows many times of moral decline and subsequent revival.

It's not a ski hill. It's a roller-coaster.

It's not over until God says its over.

Were you able, or already knew where,  to find "stumbling block" in the NT ? 

Particularly with the contextual words "meat" ((no, not pork.  "meat")) and , separately, "alcohol" or maybe "wine" .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/23/1957

Didnt read all the posts but, the most obvious to me is Jesus saying " not that which goes into the mouth defileth a man, but that which comes out "

Perhaps the seeming conflict is that God didnt want us eating pork until we understood the dangers of eating under cooked meat from animals that highly prone to spreading disease.  Thus making the change from old way to new, both true and profitable for mankind