IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1975

i wonder if pigs are aware of how delicious they are

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Gargamel Bojangles said:

i wonder if pigs are aware of how delicious they are

You might have to read Animal Farm by George Orwell to determine that.

On ā€Ž1ā€Ž/ā€Ž3ā€Ž/ā€Ž2016 at 6:24 AM, Shar said:

RegardingĀ your point on "every creature of God is good and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving".Ā  If this be truly as you assume, then would you say it is OK to cook up a Blow Fish or one of the 16 varieties of extremely poisonous tree frogs?Ā  You interpretation of this, would render these eatable, simply by giving thanks.Ā  See, you cannot take a literal interpretation of this verse to justify we can eat anything.Ā  Paul references "food" here.Ā  And like I previously wrote, G-d has listed out what is and what is not food for His people.Ā  So when they speak of food, they speak of truly eatable food as G-d has defined.Ā  But like I also said, division should not be over this topic.Ā  It is just "food for thought", (no pun intended), to get usĀ truly searching out scripture without any pre-disposed bias that we may have grown up to believe.Ā 

Shar, Aren't you shooting yourself in the foot here? If kosher had anything to with health, then anything from the ground could not be poisonous? As for food, say to Noah as I gave in the beginning now I give all things. God here is reckoning back to when he gave food in the beginning. Nothing was forbidden from the ground. But Adam did sin and that sin did cause inedible to man, things to come forth from the ground.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Joline said:

Shar, Aren't you shooting yourself in the foot here? If kosher had anything to with health, then anything from the ground could not be poisonous? As for food, say to Noah as I gave in the beginning now I give all things. God here is reckoning back to when he gave food in the beginning. Nothing was forbidden from the ground. But Adam did sin and that sin did cause inedible to man, things to come forth from the ground.

My reply above was to his claim that "all you have to do is give thanks and any creature is good for food.Ā  I countered his argument with the above response.Ā  Of course, these frogs are inedible.Ā  My point.Ā  You simply cannot say all creatures are good and not to be refused for food, simply because you give thanks.Ā 

If your argument is "God is reckoning back to when he gave food in the beginning," then He would only be talking about food with seed.Ā  Adam and Eve, were vegetarians.Ā  Not anything from the ground was permissible for food in the Garden.Ā  God says to manĀ in Ge.1:29 - "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it.Ā  They will be yours for food".

They were totally vegan, as were all the animals and birds, too.

2 hours ago, Shar said:

My reply above was to his claim that "all you have to do is give thanks and any creature is good for food.Ā  I countered his argument with the above response.Ā  Of course, these frogs are inedible.Ā  My point.Ā  You simply cannot say all creatures are good and not to be refused for food, simply because you give thanks.Ā 

If your argument is "God is reckoning back to when he gave food in the beginning," then He would only be talking about food with seed.Ā  Adam and Eve, were vegetarians.Ā  Not anything from the ground was permissible for food in the Garden.Ā  God says to manĀ in Ge.1:29 - "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it.Ā  They will be yours for food".

They were totally vegan, as were all the animals and birds, too.

God likened the giving of all things, to the giving of the green herb in Gen 1:30

Ge 1:30Ā  And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Ge 9:3Ā  Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I givenĀ you all things.
Ā 

Gen 9:3 is The word of God with which we give thanks for the provisions he has made and given for our food.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

300 some replies later...

"Pass the bacon please!" :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, B3L13v3R said:

300 some replies later...

"Pass the bacon please!" :)

Way to many pig eaters boasting of their carnivorous palate.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Qnts2 said:

Way to many pig eaters boasting of their carnivorous palate.

Not boasting so much as simply confirming that dietary restrictions are null and void (other than what is in Acts 15). It is pertinent that what was said to Noah is now said to Christians.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

On ā€Ž2ā€Ž/ā€Ž20ā€Ž/ā€Ž2016 at 10:04 PM, Ezra said:

Not boasting so much as simply confirming that dietary restrictions are null and void (other than what is in Acts 15). It is pertinent that what was said to Noah is now said to Christians.

you have not understood , the dietary laws have not been abolished, swine or pig ,. was never a meat or food source to begin with . fact and truth

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

Oh this is a tough one cause I think David said in psalms something about the restricted foods but He went on to say that the natures of those animals/bottom dwellersĀ are not to be present in us, He described them as characteristics in unclean people.Ā It might of been proverbsĀ tho. It made me go on a study about the natures of beasts in men and read everything said about pork and pigs. Of course the spirit that entered nebuchadnezzar gave Him the nature of a beast. I'm really not sure ifĀ God restricted us because of the health risk or because He wanted us to resist taking on similarities to their natures. You know? Make them appaling to us. But His commands are always better for us then the momentary satisfaction of a good piece of bacon or a ham.