IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, coheir said:

I dont know why you think I think something different I posted Gen 9:3 to show it was ok to eat pork or any thing we desire some one told me I was wrong.

I was talking about the person you were quoting not you.....Ā Ā Ā  we are in agreement.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

10 minutes ago, other one said:

I was talking about the person you were quoting not you.....Ā Ā Ā  we are in agreement.

there I go again misunderstanding some one again, Sorry

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, coheir said:

there I go again misunderstanding some one again, Sorry

I didn't make it very plain...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

13 hours ago, coheir said:

below is what I posted earlier

Gen 9:3-4

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Matt 15:17

17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

Mark 7:18

18 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

This last verse is Jesus speaking, red letter

we should accept what the bible says.

I agree.Ā  It seems though that some people have an inordinate desire to place yokes on others.

• Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?Ā  Acts 15:10
  • Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day.Ā  Colossians 2:16

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 15:16
16ā€œDo you still not understand?ā€ Jesus asked.Ā 17ā€œDo you not yet realizeĀ thatĀ whateverĀ entersĀ theĀ mouthĀ goesintoĀ theĀ stomachĀ and thenĀ is eliminated?Ā 18But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these things defile a man.ā€¦

Matthew 15:18
But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these things defile a man.

Mark 7:19
because it does not enter his heart, but it goes into his stomach and then is eliminated." (Thus all foods are clean.)

1 Corinthians 6:13
"Food for the stomach and the stomach for food," but God will destroy them both. The body is not intended for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
Ā 
The reason in the OT Pork and other things were forbidden was because of teh health. Desert (heat)+pork= sarmonella etc. Its for teh health which scientifical studies show other reasons why its also not the best thing to eat. Jesus deemed all foods good and worthy to eat.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

On 8/13/2016 at 2:05 PM, Demi777 said:
Ā 
The reason in the OT Pork and other things were forbidden was because of teh health. Desert (heat)+pork= sarmonella etc. Its for teh health which scientifical studies show other reasons why its also not the best thing to eat. Jesus deemed all foods good and worthy to eat.

I agree with that.Ā  Just because every green plant and everything that moves was given for food doesn't necessarily mean that it is all fit to eat.Ā  I see the OT dietary laws as being for their benefit as well; inside info on how to stay healthy.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1989

On November 4, 2015 at 8:47 PM, SINNERSAVED said:

HELLO EVERYONE, I was roaming around in the old testament and in Leviticus I came arcoss that we, if we are believers and follow God ,we are not to eat swines fleshĀ  in chapter 11, now I did not know this ,but I heard it on the radio the calvary chapel question and answer show, saying that this was in the past, and it does not affect us today,as gentile christiansĀ or that it was a custom of the past , and now we are under grace and not under the law, so we can eat all the bacon we want, is this biblical ?

So are we under grace that we do not follow what God commanded us as it pertains to pork,?

is the saying that we as gentiles are not under the same customs to carry outĀ  per God ?

does it makeĀ  a differents of how we acknowledge this ,compared to the people of Israel?

I know the scripture verse do not let anyone judge you of what you eatĀ  etc, and that we are under a new covenant of grace, so please help me understand ,

why we do not have to follow this and if God states its a abomination, how do we get away with this rebellious act?

I am sincere about getting a valid and logical correct answer, that is proven by scripture ,that we do not have to follow this!

for God is the same yesterday ,today and tomorrow, is this another way that satan has deceived the gentiles?

I really appreciate your opinions and advise on this, thank you brothers and sisters.

Ā 

I understand your struggle. Basically you want to know on what basis is sin against the law justified in the New Covenant. How could it be sin then and not now.

Ā 

To a jew Christians are absurd. The arguement against Jews looks like this.

Ā 

Jew: God said eating pork is sin. Why do you rebel against His commandments?

Christian: Because Peter said God told him it's okay now.

--------------

lets see how that looks when we are in the shoes of a Jew when it's a Christian and Muslim.

Ā 

Christian: Jesus said Salvation is by faith alone. Why do you not abide by His teachings?

Muslim: Because Mohammed said God told him.

Ā 

Thats the issue your facing right? You want claims to be backed up by the OT to justify NT theology.Ā 

2 hours ago, Ariel16 said:

I understand your struggle. Basically you want to know on what basis is sin against the law justified in the New Covenant. How could it be sin then and not now.

Ā 

To a jew Christians are absurd. The arguement against Jews looks like this.

Ā 

Jew: God said eating pork is sin. Why do you rebel against His commandments?

Christian: Because Peter said God told him it's okay now.

--------------

lets see how that looks when we are in the shoes of a Jew when it's a Christian and Muslim.

Ā 

Christian: Jesus said Salvation is by faith alone. Why do you not abide by His teachings?

Muslim: Because Mohammed said God told him.

Ā 

Thats the issue your facing right? You want claims to be backed up by the OT to justify NT theology.Ā 

Gen 9:3 OT

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things

Acts 15

5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Ā 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1989

41 minutes ago, coheir said:

Gen 9:3 OT

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things

Acts 15

5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Ā 

Okay. It's good you get that there needs to be support for the claims from the OT. Yet quoting a verse does not explain the problem.Ā 

What he is searching for is how you reconcile two opposing things so that they no longer oppose each other.

For example, If God says He does not delight inĀ human sacrifices. How do you reconcile the idea that God sacrificed Jesus and was pleased.

thats the issue. Simply quoting say.. Isaiah 53 does not resolve the theological problem.

1 hour ago, Ariel16 said:

Okay. It's good you get that there needs to be support for the claims from the OT. Yet quoting a verse does not explain the problem.Ā 

What he is searching for is how you reconcile two opposing things so that they no longer oppose each other.

For example, If God says He does not delight inĀ human sacrifices. How do you reconcile the idea that God sacrificed Jesus and was pleased.

thats the issue. Simply quoting say.. Isaiah 53 does not resolve the theological problem.

to answer the other question you posed;

God loved his creation of mankind and became grieved of their ways. He decided to come live among us and give his own human life for our sins.

thats good enough for me.

Ā 

It is plainly written in Scripture the only problem here is over thinking things. It is simple at first God only gave every thing but animals. later he said we could eat any thing we desire. Christians are not and never were under the law which gave only clean animals for food.