IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Absolem said:

Acts 15:20 was to remove offensive practices. My only objection to your theology would be thinking that you can become righteous by keeping the law.

As I have said repeatedly the lost person cannot "become righteous" by not taking God's name in vain nor can the lost "become righteous" by not eating diseased meat. But that fact does not justify ignoring those parts of the Word of God for the saints for whom "the LAW of God is written on the heart" Jeremiah 31:31-33

I think that is another aspect of the easy part of this topic. (As difficult as it may be for some to accept)

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The dietary laws were not given for health purposes.

Interesting speculation.

Here is what the Word of God says about the idea of not eating diseased meat and rats (which you suppose for us - is not for health)

Ex 15:26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you."

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually that verse has nothing to do with eating anything. 

Until you read Leviticus 11 and admit that this is included in the Word of God given to them - as all today know full well.

Here we see the clear connection between health and the law to not eat diseased meat.

4 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Not only that, no, unless/except considering perfect health, spiritual, soul, mental and body. ....

Remember the opposite: the devil (and all the pernicious society) seeks only to make sick/sicker/dead /destroyed.

Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil, and is still accomplishing this when people turn to YHWH/ come to Jesus - but many many many (most) churches allow the deception to continue instead of seeking LIGHT / TRUTH - in fact opposing the LIGHT/ TRUTH when someone comes proclaiming the GOOD NEWS ....

Just a few excerpt references to start:

About 13,300,000 results

40 Healing Scriptures - Seattle Revival Center

www.seattlerevivalcenter.com/40-healing-scriptures.html - Cached - Similar
It takes time to develop our faith, so if you have a life or death situation where the doctors say if ... Obey God's Word and be healed. ... “And the LORD will take away from you all sickness, and will afflict you with none of the terrible ... heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.

Deuteronomy 28 - Blessings for Obedience - If you fully - Bible ...

Blessings for Obedience - If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow ... 61 The Lord will also bring on you every kind of sickness and disaster not ...

Exodus 15:26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the LORD your God ...

biblehub.com/exodus/15-26.htm - Cached - Similar
He said, "If you will diligently obey the LORD your God, and do what is right in .... "The LORD will remove from you all sickness; and He will not put on you any of ...

True - and frankly quote obvious to the objective unbiased reader of scripture. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

4 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

As I have said repeatedly the lost person cannot "become righteous" by not taking God's name in vain nor can the lost "become righteous" by not eating diseased meat. But that fact does not justify ignoring those parts of the Word of God for the saints for whom "the LAW of God is written on the heart" Jeremiah 31:31-33

I think that is another aspect of the easy part of this topic. (As difficult as it may be for some to accept)

Romans 7:12

Therefore the law is holy, and the commanemt holy and just and good.

I certainly don't have anything against the law.

Just now, Absolem said:

Romans 7:12

Therefore the law is holy, and the commanemt holy and just and good.

I certainly don't have anything against the law.

Me neither.

In Matt 22 Jesus said "All the LAW and the Prophets" are based on the bullet-proof commands in the LAW of Moses

1. Love God with all your heart - Deut 6:5

2. Love your neighbor as yourself - Lev 19:18

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

32 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

Me neither.

In Matt 22 Jesus said "All the LAW and the Prophets" are based on the bullet-proof commands in the LAW of Moses

1. Love God with all your heart - Deut 6:5

2. Love your neighbor as yourself - Lev 19:18

Very good.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 9/06/2017 at 4:28 AM, shiloh357 said:

The dietary laws were not given for health purposes.

Such a perspective would have been news to Daniel and friends, all of whom benefited directly physically, and intellectually, from not 'defiling' themselves with the king's food. Such health benefits therefore in your eyes are merely an accidental spin-off? The real purpose in God advising mankind what is and what isn't food was therefore......what? Just an arbitrary rule in order to confirm and strengthen His authority?

2 minutes ago, brakelite said:

Such a perspective would have been news to Daniel and friends, all of whom benefited directly physically, and intellectually, from not 'defiling' themselves with the king's food. Such health benefits therefore in your eyes are merely an accidental spin-off? The real purpose in God advising mankind what is and what isn't food was therefore......what? Just an arbitrary rule in order to confirm and strengthen His authority?

And pretty much every healthcare professional on the planet knows that telling people not to eat diseased meat and rats has a thing or two - to do with health.

this is the "easy" part.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,158
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

17 minutes ago, brakelite said:

The health thing aside, when I read that passage it seems that Daniel and his friends were trying to obey God's Law even though they were prisoners in a pagan country. Think about that for a moment. They wanted to put God first in their lives and He made a way for them to do that. Were there health benefits? Sure. Life's always easier when we do what God says.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

Poor little piggies probably pray to God to save them from us. :P I'm too fond of loaded Italian subs to answer no to this question. Sorry piggies. :(