IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

From the childhood i don't eat pork...My father's family too

i think i passed from this posting test,, LOL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

HELLO EVERYONE, I was roaming around in the old testament and in Leviticus I came arcoss that we, if we are believers and follow God ,we are not to eat swines fleshĀ  in chapter 11, now I did not know this ,but I heard it on the radio the calvary chapel question and answer show, saying that this was in the past, and it does not affect us today,as gentile christiansĀ or that it was a custom of the past , and now we are under grace and not under the law, so we can eat all the bacon we want, is this biblical ?

So are we under grace that we do not follow what God commanded us as it pertains to pork,?

is the saying that we as gentiles are not under the same customs to carry outĀ  per God ?

does it makeĀ  a differents of how we acknowledge this ,compared to the people of Israel?

I know the scripture verse do not let anyone judge you of what you eatĀ  etc, and that we are under a new covenant of grace, so please help me understand ,

why we do not have to follow this and if God states its a abomination, how do we get away with this rebellious act?

I am sincere about getting a valid and logical correct answer, that is proven by scripture ,that we do not have to follow this!

for God is the same yesterday ,today and tomorrow, is this another way that satan has deceived the gentiles?

I really appreciate your opinions and advise on this, thank you brothers and sisters.

Ā 

There is a time for everything under the sun dear one! Ā The time of the Mosaic Law and the 10 commandments has passed. Ā All has been fulfilled in Christ who bore our sins upon the tree. Ā He took the law and nailed it to his cross, taking it out of the way. Ā He blotted out the ordinances that were against us and contrary to us. Ā 

Now one will say "Are we lawless then if the law is dead?", nay, we have a more perfect law in Christ our Lord! Ā We have the walking embodiment of love within our midsts to lead and guide us in all our doings. Ā Why? Ā Because the law made nothing perfect. Ā The law only gave power to Sin to kill, maim and destroy. Ā 

One will say then "is it now OK to steal or to kill which were forbidden by the law?" Nay. Ā Christ is sacrificial love and sacrificial love does no ill to its neighbor but only that which is good.

One may say "Do we abandon the Sabbath and pollute Gods Holy Day?" Nay. Ā We hold everyday as if it is the Sabbath and do our deeds out of a pure heart rather than selfish self-centered means of enlarging ourselves. Ā Our Father works and we work even on the Sabbath.

This is why there is a need of the seven seals to be broken so that Christ will shine through all and be in all. Ā Those who refuse his grace need to be removed.

Peace.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Many have answered this question so no need for me to pile on.

I personally do not eat pork because the pig is a garbage eater and I do not want to eat pig because I don't think pork is healthy for me. I don't eat red meat as well. But, I do this not because God told the Jews back in Moses time to not eat, but because I feel it is best for me to watch what I eat.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

Legalism kills, SS. Trying to keep the old testament laws will break your heart. If you use any of them as your benchmark--instead of Christi's completed work on the cross--you'll have to keep them ALL, and that's an impossible goal. Thank God for the blood of Jesus that has freed us from that bondage!

Thank you for this input, but I truly believe ,and this is my belief in these scriptures for we are not to be judge of what we eat and drink under the law, but I don't believe this covers

,when God claims something to the people , even in the old testament too (not do) for Jesus is God, and he is the same yesterday ,today and tomorrow, I do not think we can reason away , a commandment of the pork and all that he said we should not ,eat,

I am not trying to bench mark my belief on the O.T, but I think most are reading or interpreting the actual meaningĀ ,that all is good to eat and all with thanks giving is allowed, and that covers it, but food that is prohibited ,is prohibited,this is why we are told by God, so do you see ?,we have justified, so we don't giveĀ up the bacon, are we not rejecting gods word?

this is not what it is saying, except of the foods ,God says not to eat of, everything else is okay, or God would be a liar, ,or he would be going back to contradict himself in theĀ N.T,Ā and this is not possible, so I believe we are looking at it ,and justified it away by what paul is saying ,when it is not what paul meant, ,this cannot be covered in grace of the new covenant ,

that would make jesus a liar, and , I believe, this is a obstical, or stubling block that satan has put in our minds to think it is okay for we are under grace?0and not the law of old, Ā the law was not abolished , but it was magnified by christ,

such as, i.e, killing and murder is unlawful, but jesus says if you are angry and hate your brother ,you are just as guilty, and if God said not too ,then we that abide in him should be doers of the word and being obeying Him to the letter.

Satan has infiltrated our bibles,Ā  our churches, and have men following mans traditions, and if there is no self control of Gods word ,when he states a point , we are not to pass by it, but take up our cross, and do as we are told, are we in deniel ?

wwdj if .you told him, can we eat pork? would he tell you don't worry what God said in the past , its all good now, I got you covered by the cross ,i would think not ,god forbid,!! thatĀ our thinking of today, for the sin is seared in our minds, and we refuse to let it go,unless we change ,we must deny the self, and really examine our selves in , if jesus was here what he would do, and say about this, I believe he would tell us the same as god told us in the O.T, you are not to be judge of meat and drink, but of the foods that are not allowed , are forbidden.and that is God word, if we want to understand it ,or not,if we refuse, then we sin.

This is like in the Garden of Eden, Gods says eat of all the trees in the garden , but of this one tree you are not to touch or eat of , or you will surely die !, why would we avoid , and refuse to follow the abomination of eating pork ?

Not trying to be legalism neither, but jeus shows us it is all about the individuals choices to the law set forth and our school master, and it is now in the covenant of grace , our willing to renew our minds and hearts toward God, and not of the world !

For the wages of sin is death, and whosoever do not abide in Christ ,is a enemy of Christ, we cannot have one foot in the world and the other in heaven,

So by following Christ jesus is it not a life style ,a individual obedience to the word of God alone ?Ā or is it customs of rituals and religions beliefs ofĀ mans traditions and mans word, over misinterpretations of the bible.scriptures.?

Ā 

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Legalism kills, SS. Trying to keep the old testament laws will break your heart. If you use any of them as your benchmark--instead of Christi's completed work on the cross--you'll have to keep them ALL, and that's an impossible goal. Thank God for the blood of Jesus that has freed us from that bondage!

Thank you for this input, but I truly believe ,and this is my belief in these scriptures for we are not to be judge of what we eat and drink under the law, but I don't believe this covers

,when God claims something to the people , even in the old testament too (not do) for Jesus is God, and he is the same yesterday ,today and tomorrow, I do not think we can reason away , a commandment of the pork and all that he said we should not ,eat,

I am not trying to bench mark my belief on the O.T, but I think most are reading or interpreting the actual meaningĀ ,that all is good to eat and all with thanks giving is allowed, and that covers it, but food that is prohibited ,is prohibited,this is why we are told by God, so do you see ?,we have justified, so we don't giveĀ up the bacon, are we not rejecting gods word?

this is not what it is saying, except of the foods ,God says not to eat of, everything else is okay, or God would be a liar, ,or he would be going back to contradict himself in theĀ N.T,Ā and this is not possible, so I believe we are looking at it ,and justified it away by what paul is saying ,when it is not what paul meant, ,this cannot be covered in grace of the new covenant ,

that would make jesus a liar, and , I believe, this is a obstical, or stubling block that satan has put in our minds to think it is okay for we are under grace?0and not the law of old, Ā the law was not abolished , but it was magnified by christ,

such as, i.e, killing and murder is unlawful, but jesus says if you are angry and hate your brother ,you are just as guilty, and if God said not too ,then we that abide in him should be doers of the word and being obeying Him to the letter.

Satan has infiltrated our bibles,Ā  our churches, and have men following mans traditions, and if there is no self control of Gods word ,when he states a point , we are not to pass by it, but take up our cross, and do as we are told, are we in deniel ?

wwdj if .you told him, can we eat pork? would he tell you don't worry what God said in the past , its all good now, I got you covered by the cross ,i would think not ,god forbid,!! thatĀ our thinking of today, for the sin is seared in our minds, and we refuse to let it go,unless we change ,we must deny the self, and really examine our selves in , if jesus was here what he would do, and say about this, I believe he would tell us the same as god told us in the O.T, you are not to be judge of meat and drink, but of the foods that are not allowed , are forbidden.and that is God word, if we want to understand it ,or not,if we refuse, then we sin.

This is like in the Garden of Eden, Gods says eat of all the trees in the garden , but of this one tree you are not to touch or eat of , or you will surely die !, why would we avoid , and refuse to follow the abomination of eating pork ?

Not trying to be legalism neither, but jeus shows us it is all about the individuals choices to the law set forth and our school master, and it is now in the covenant of grace , our willing to renew our minds and hearts toward God, and not of the world !

For the wages of sin is death, and whosoever do not abide in Christ ,is a enemy of Christ, we cannot have one foot in the world and the other in heaven,

So by following Christ jesus is it not a life style ,a individual obedience to the word of God alone ?Ā or is it customs of rituals and religions beliefs ofĀ mans traditions and mans word, over misinterpretations of the bible.scriptures.?

Ā 

You have a lot of learning to do. Ā The bible advises against these doubtful disputations. Ā If your conscience doesn't allow you to eat then don't. Ā But why come here and try to put people back under the law? Ā If you are under law then you are not under grace. Ā Judaising is frowned upon in the bible. Ā Ā 

Next thing you know you will be demanding that we must wash our hands according to the Old Testament before we eat. Ā 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The dietary laws of the Old Covenant are now null and void. The restrictions on what Christians should or should not eat are in Acts 15 (going back to Noah's Covenant). But all meats may be eaten according to 1 Timothy 4:3-5. Ā As Jesus said, it is not what goes in which defiles, but what comes out of man.Ā  Yes you can eat all the bacon you want, but if you engage in gluttony, you have already crossed the line.

Forbidding to marry,Ā and commandingĀ to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of GodĀ isĀ good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

BTW this should be moved out of the Prophecy section.

Right, but i found it interesting that the eating blood is forbidden before the law - Genesis 9:4 ; and under the law - Levi. 17:10 ; and even now after the law = ....

Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Also 15:29 and 21:25 forbid eating blood.

After i learned this, i keep a close eye on who is cooking!

What about black pudding?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Black pudding has already been blacklisted in Scripture. So it's a "No, No".

Ā 

Actually, if God says He has removed all dietary restrictions on meats, and you insist that that is not so, you are rejecting God's Word. The Old Covenant is old because the New Covenant is far superior, so if you reject the New Covenant, you have a very serious problem with God. On the other hand, if you simply cannot handle bacon, you should hand over your portion to someone else and let them enjoy it.:D

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Ā 

Black pudding has already been blacklisted in Scripture. So it's a "No, No".

Ā 

In short, ordering your steak rare or well done is a matter of conscience and of taste. What enters the mouth does not make us unclean (seeĀ Matthew 15:17-18). Eating black pudding may not appeal to everyone, but it is not a sin. We live under grace. We have liberty in Christ. Others may have different convictions about food and drink, and in that case we voluntarily limit our freedom in order to better serve them and God. ā€œLet us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edificationā€ (Romans 14:19).

http://www.gotquestions.org/eating-drinking-blood.html

Edited by bopeep1909

Eating black pudding may not appeal to everyone, but it is not a sin. We live under grace

And BECAUSE WE LIVE UNDER GRACE, the consumption of blood is forbidden (Acts 15:28,29).Ā  This is under grace and under the leading of the Holy Spirit for Christians:

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Why is blood forbidden?Ā  Because Christians were purchased with the blood of God (Acts 20:28).