• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Love you Hippie!  God bless you, and thank you for reminding us of His precious Word.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/22/1973

Thank you, hip

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I was going to start a similar thread when I saw this one. What prompted me to consider the idea, was that I have noticed what seems to be increasing incidents of posters referring to other posters as heretics and blasphemers, etc, or at least imply it by suggesting they are teaching a false gospel, of spreading heresy or that this act or that act is blasphemy.

What I find especially disturbing, is that this seems to happen most often with our veteran posters, those who should, by now, have the spiritual maturity do know when to refrain from such things. People seem to get the idea, that because they have believed something for so long, that they must be right. If they are right, then anyone disagreeing with them must be wrong.

All Scripture is inspired by God and good for teaching, for rebuking, for correction, for training in righteousness; 1o that the Godly person may be complete, equipped for every good work.

When we see error, or misapplication, it is good, to offer correction, if it is done with good intentions, an act of love, a consideration in helping others. Too often, I think, people try to correct others, out of their own self evaluated expertise, a need to be right, arrogant, prideful desire to elevate themselves in the eyes of others. This is my opinion only, and I know that I need to check myself in these ways as well. 

Quite possibly, if you are reading this, and think that these things do not apply to you, then maybe you should examine yourself again. I do not suggest that anyone back down for defending truth against error, but we can do that without tossing words around like heresy, blashphemy, false gospel and the like. Consider the way the person will receive what you say - is the way you instruct them, likely to help them listen to your concern, or is it likely to provoke a defensive response? 

Perhaps, we should consider that question, before we post, be quick to listen, slow to speak, give little ammunition the the one who seeks to divide us and accuse us, and let's see if we cannot tone it down a little, instead of proving to the world that we know how to bicker.

Also, consider it you really even know what a false gospel is, what heresy is, and what blasphemy is, before using those terms.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 11/8/2015 at 6:51 AM, Hippie333 said:

2 Timothy 2:23-24

Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,

Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Philippians 2:14

Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Romans 12:19

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Titus 3:1-2

Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.

Romans 14:19

So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; ...

Proverbs 3:30

Do not contend with a man for no reason, when he has done you no harm.

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Proverbs 26:4

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.

James 3:17

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

1 Peter 2:21

For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.

James 3:9-12

With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so. Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water? Can a fig tree, my brothers, bear olives, or a grapevine produce figs? Neither can a salt pond yield fresh water.

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Romans 12:17

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.

Proverbs 18:1-2

Whoever isolates himself seeks his own desire; he breaks out against all sound judgment. A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

Proverbs 29:22 

A man of wrath stirs up strife, and one given to anger causes much transgression.

John 18:36

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

Proverbs 29:11

A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Proverbs 23:9

Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, for he will despise the good sense of your words.

Philippians 2:14-16

Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.

Proverbs 19:11

Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.

Proverbs 10:8

The wise of heart will receive commandments, but a babbling fool will come to ruin.

Romans 14:1

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions.

God Bless,

Hip

Amen to that feed. That is wonderfully shared

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On 2/12/2016 at 6:22 PM, Ejuldlt said:

Amen to that feed. That is wonderfully shared

Welcome. I agree

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Lots of great scripture!  And... that puts me at 667 posts. -_-

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 11/8/2015 at 8:51 AM, Hippie333 said:

2 Timothy 2:23-24

Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,

Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Philippians 2:14

Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Romans 12:19

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Titus 3:1-2

Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.

Romans 14:19

So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; ...

Proverbs 3:30

Do not contend with a man for no reason, when he has done you no harm.

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Proverbs 26:4

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.

James 3:17

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

1 Peter 2:21

For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.

James 3:9-12

With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so. Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water? Can a fig tree, my brothers, bear olives, or a grapevine produce figs? Neither can a salt pond yield fresh water.

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Romans 12:17

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.

Proverbs 18:1-2

Whoever isolates himself seeks his own desire; he breaks out against all sound judgment. A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

Proverbs 29:22 

A man of wrath stirs up strife, and one given to anger causes much transgression.

John 18:36

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

Proverbs 29:11

A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Proverbs 23:9

Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, for he will despise the good sense of your words.

Philippians 2:14-16

Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.

Proverbs 19:11

Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.

Proverbs 10:8

The wise of heart will receive commandments, but a babbling fool will come to ruin.

Romans 14:1

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions.

God Bless,

Hip

Very nice

• George unpinned this topic