IGNORED

Preachers and wearing a hat or ball caps during preaching..

angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Of course, it is possible for a man to wear a baseball cap in church and yet have a heart full of reverence and awe for the Lord. And it is also possible for a man to remove his hat in church yet disdain God in his soul. God sees the heart. But the issue, sometimes, is what our actions communicate to others; people cannot see our hearts, so we must often show them our respect by what we do.

I did read exactly the same word in igotquestions?

Of course, it is possible for a man to wear a baseball cap in church and yet have a heart full of reverence and awe for the Lord. And it is also possible for a man to remove his hat in church yet disdain God in his soul. God sees the heart. But the issue, sometimes, is what our actions communicate to others; people cannot see our hearts, so we must often show them our respect by what we do.
http://www.gotquestions.org/hats-in-church.html

What if your preacher is no punk but is wearing a baseball cap backwards? Or what if he wears a winter hat?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I think not wearing a hat shows respect to others around us in church who would frown upon someone wearing a hat while attending service. I've prayed with and without a hat by myself in the outdoors and I don't think I noticed a difference in the connection I had with God. It's more of a matter of respect towards church and others I think. But regardless it would feel very awkward to see a preacher preach with a hat at church. That's just wrong, unless the service is outdoors on a cold winter day and protection is needed. That's the way I see it anyways...

Everyone takes their hats off when they say the Pledge of Allegiance so why not for God if He's more important than that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Of course, it is possible for a man to wear a baseball cap in church and yet have a heart full of reverence and awe for the Lord. And it is also possible for a man to remove his hat in church yet disdain God in his soul. God sees the heart. But the issue, sometimes, is what our actions communicate to others; people cannot see our hearts, so we must often show them our respect by what we do.

Of course, it is possible for a man to wear a baseball cap in church and yet have a heart full of reverence and awe for the Lord. And it is also possible for a man to remove his hat in church yet disdain God in his soul. God sees the heart. But the issue, sometimes, is what our actions communicate to others; people cannot see our hearts, so we must often show them our respect by what we do.

What if your preacher is no punk but is wearing a baseball cap backwards? Or what if he wears a winter hat?

What is your point?If you went to "Got Questions" and got the answer to your question then why are you asking?

Edited by bopeep1909

Everyone takes their hats off when they say the Pledge of Allegiance so why not for God if He's more important than that.

Hall, we have young ministers in our church who do wear baseball caps and hats, they are very much on fire for the Lord, I was wondering what I should be thinking ,don't want to be legalistic...we're all sinners saved by grace ..right?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

What is your point?If you went to "Got Questions" and got the answer to your question then why are you asking?

I think the point is if someone is going to copy & paste from another site or author they really need to show their source. Usually that's done with a link back to the article they got the quote from.

No, I'm not accusing anyone of plagiarizing. Just making an observation/statement.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I think the point is if someone is going to copy & paste from another site or author they really need to show their source. Usually that's done with a link back to the article they got the quote from.

No, I'm not accusing anyone of plagiarizing. Just making an observation/statement.

I usually do that.But why would someone say for a person not to copy and paste from "Got Questions" and then go there and get the answer and then go back there to make sure that no one used their information?Sounds strange to me spy.gif

Edited by bopeep1909

Hall, we have young ministers in our church who do wear baseball caps and hats, they are very much on fire for the Lord, I was wondering what I should be thinking ,don't want to be legalistic...we're all sinners saved by grace ..right?

I think if its ok with everyone else in your church and these young ministers are on fire for the Lord then I don't see why it would be wrong as long as the fire of God in them is as strong with or without a cap on. Maybe it is kind of a legalistic thing but at the same time a show of respect for others who are against wearing caps in church.

For me its not really a big thing ,there is lots of love amongst the people and they are all very caring ,it's a young growing  church with is very much alive :)

Amen, that's what counts the most, love amongst brothers and sisters.