IGNORED

10 Major Problems with "Jesus Calling"

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Sarah Young’s Jesus Calling is a phenomenon that shows no signs of slowing down. According to publisher Thomas Nelson, it “continues to grow in units sold each year since it was released [and] has surpassed 15 million copies sold.” Nelson is involved in an expansive new marketing campaign that involves a new web site and daily radio devotionals. ECPA reports that “Thomas Nelson began its partnership with the Salem Media group to provide 60-second daily messages on Eric Metaxas’ show, which is carried on more than 100 stations nationwide and worldwide on SiriusXM Radio. The Jesus Calling radio devotional reaches more than 500,000 people each day through these segments.” With 15 million copies sold, it has marched its way into rare company.

Yet it is a deeply troubling book. I am going to point out 10 serious problems with Jesus Calling in the hope that you will consider and heed these warnings.

http://www.challies.com/articles/10-serious-problems-with-jesus-calling

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Amen,thanks for posting this,

When the book just came out I thought a was a great book too but found out shortly after that of all the false deceiving teachings in her book!

Guest shiloh357

Glad you posted this Shilo, I hadn't heard about this Book-- until I heard the Christian Author Warren Smith talk about it.  I just posted his lecture in Christian Videos about  the Deception in the Church. He mentions that Book and several others. http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/194168-last-day-deceptions-warren-b-smith/#comment-2290148

I am really troubled by the lack of discernment in the church, today.  So  many women in churches around the US are having group devotions surrounding this book.  They have them at work or at their church or in their homes even.  Discussion groups are being formed.  It is a huge hit down here in the Bible-belt.   Very discouraging at times.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Glad you posted this Shilo, I hadn't heard about this Book-- until I heard the Christian Author Warren Smith talk about it.  I just posted his lecture in Christian Videos about  the Deception in the Church. He mentions that Book and several others. http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/194168-last-day-deceptions-warren-b-smith/#comment-2290148

I am really troubled by the lack of discernment in the church, today.  So  many women in churches around the US are having group devotions surrounding this book.  They have them at work or at their church or in their homes even.  Discussion groups are being formed.  It is a huge hit down here in the Bible-belt.   Very discouraging at times.

I know Shiloh ,you are so right the book is  so very populair and it's so easy to get deceived by this book ,we really have to know Gods Word to able to discern the truth..thanks again for posting this..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Satan is big into the media and that is all media.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Sarah Young’s Jesus Calling is a phenomenon that shows no signs of slowing down. According to publisher Thomas Nelson, it “continues to grow in units sold each year since it was released [and] has surpassed 15 million copies sold.” Nelson is involved in an expansive new marketing campaign that involves a new web site and daily radio devotionals. ECPA reports that “Thomas Nelson began its partnership with the Salem Media group to provide 60-second daily messages on Eric Metaxas’ show, which is carried on more than 100 stations nationwide and worldwide on SiriusXM Radio. The Jesus Calling radio devotional reaches more than 500,000 people each day through these segments.” With 15 million copies sold, it has marched its way into rare company.

Yet it is a deeply troubling book. I am going to point out 10 serious problems with Jesus Calling in the hope that you will consider and heed these warnings.

I couldn't get past #1, "She speaks for God". That was enough for me. 

Quoting His words is not the same as "speaking FOR Him".

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

There are so many writings like this -  I just avoid them all.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Thanks for that article. I've fallen behind on reading some articles like this, though I normally don't read the newer "christian" authors because of a lack of time. That's not to say I don't read any however that list is short. I'm still working through a list of some authors who are dead and few who are quite old but still serving the Lord.  :)  

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

You know what? ...Shilo and Angels4U ?.....it is the same spiritual deception that EVE committed.  When I was involved in the New AGE and went to lectures it was 95% women in the audience -- Women easily deceived then bringing it back to their husbands & families. When I became a CHRISTIAN it hit me like a ton of bricks and it was a humbling revelation.

This IS why the HOLY SPIRIT through Apostle Paul said , women were NOT to have spiritual leadership. I know some women will have a problem with that but when in doubt submit to the inerrant Word of God whether your ego likes it or not. ( that's my personal slogan feel free to borrow it  :))

Davida,

You have hit the nail on the head. When women (e.g. Sarah Young, Joyce Meyer and many others) begin to present themselves as teachers of the Word, IT SHOULD BE A HUGE RED FLAG  for both men and women.  But the men have become cowardly and the women have succumbed to feminist deception, and as a result the churches are going into apostasy.  The basic problem is that the Word of God is being set aside and Christians are being encouraged to gather around books (good or bad) written by people. Many Sunday schools have also adopted this lazy philosophy, and as a result many false teachings have crept it.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

You know what? ...Shilo and Angels4U ?.....it is the same spiritual deception that EVE committed.  When I was involved in the New AGE and went to lectures it was 95% women in the audience -- Women easily deceived then bringing it back to their husbands & families. When I became a CHRISTIAN it hit me like a ton of bricks and it was a humbling revelation.

This IS why the HOLY SPIRIT through Apostle Paul said , women were NOT to have spiritual leadership. I know some women will have a problem with that but when in doubt submit to the inerrant Word of God whether your ego likes it or not. ( that's my personal slogan feel free to borrow it  :))

Davida,

You have hit the nail on the head. When women (e.g. Sarah Young, Joyce Meyer and many others) begin to present themselves as teachers of the Word, IT SHOULD BE A HUGE RED FLAG  for both men and women.  But the men have become cowardly and the women have succumbed to feminist deception, and as a result the churches are going into apostasy.  The basic problem is that the Word of God is being set aside and Christians are being encouraged to gather around books (good or bad) written by people. Many Sunday schools have also adopted this lazy philosophy, and as a result many false teachings have crept it.

Isn't that a bit sexist?