IGNORED

10 Major Problems with "Jesus Calling"

Guest shiloh357

Guest Thallasa
8 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings giggling Sis,,,,,

May I ask what you are referencing,I didn't notice anyone's post that honed in on "women" being easily deceived,as if they are more apt to, be gullible or naive?Personally do not believe "gender"has anything to do with it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Davida on the first page, sets the tone in implying it is was Eves fault , then Paul not giving women spiritual leadership, and  so on  . So what' giggling Appy'  says is correct , and  needed  addressing , not ignored . 

3 hours ago, Thallasa said:

Good for you  Joline . Sometimes bullying can be dressed up in polite clothes , then is is more difficult to counter, than the likes of Shiloh ,who does'nt dissimulate ,  but is very direct which I prefer. .

Well thank you Thallasa!

Oh yeah, I hear ya......I don't dress up so much, I just kinda come as I am. I like that better as well.

Blessings to you!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

I really liked this article.  It expressed my sentiments exactly.  Bopeep said something about this being media driven material and that was the best definition I found for this throughout the thread.  It is like Christian pop culture rather than Christian culture and it makes me appreciate the forum here all the more.  Personally, I still find most of what is written here more insightful than most everything present in Christian book stores these days.  I would even rather read what is posted here than most everything published and made available in Christian book stores.  There is still ten times more sincerity and humility.  

Basically, I think Christian book stores are a waste of time if they weren't a great place to find a gift once in a while.  The regular stores won't sell paintinga or coffee mugs with scripture and whether or not those things are necessary, I like having them and giving them away as gifts when I can.  

So, I would like to point out that I appreciate what everyone here tries to offer each other here for free.  May we continue to do this to the best of our ability and store up many treasure for ourselves in Heaven (Matthew 6:20).  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

i agree. i was given it for christmas and when i read it it felt chilling that someone was speaking for Jesus. sstuff seemed off.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I didn't read all of this thread, but is that the one that is new age and on Opera talk show.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Jesus does talk to people right.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

16 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

Jesus does talk to people right....

:thumbsup:

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. 2 Corinthians 11:4

~

Proof

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. Acts 17:11

Text

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

So, I would like to point out that I appreciate what everyone here tries to offer each other here for free.  May we continue to do this to the best of our ability and store up many treasure for ourselves in Heaven (Matthew 6:20).                                                posted by Esther

Amen,,,,,,,,,,this is our Purpose here within the Body of Christ ,giving ALL Glory to God,,,,,,,,

The little bumps along the way only bring us closer together,let us see the Hand of God at Work,,,,,,,,,what a Blessing!

With love-in Christ,Kwik