IGNORED

Third temple: mere possibility or concrete reality?

*Zion*

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I have some questions that arose from another thread.  I always thought that another temple would be built.  Some people said that it will be built because it is the place Christ will return to at His second coming, but I always thought it had to be built otherwise the prophecy of the son of perdition placing the abomination of desolation there could not take place.  Still others said that it was definitely not going to be built, for reasons which I did not understand.

Then I came across this page:

http://www.heisnear.com/NewJerusalemTemple.html

Seeking clarification and some cohesion of thought.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

I have some questions that arose from another thread.  I always thought that another temple would be built.  Some people said that it will be built because it is the place Christ will return to at His second coming, but I always thought it had to be built otherwise the prophecy of the son of perdition placing the abomination of desolation there could not take place.  Still others said that it was definitely not going to be built, for reasons which I did not understand.

Then I came across this page:

http://www.heisnear.com/NewJerusalemTemple.html

Excerpt from that website:

Bible   prophecy  is   clear   that  once   a

7  year   Mideast  Peace  Agreement  is  signed  by  the   End Time  Antichrist,  then  the  3rd Temple in  Jerusalem  will  be  built  within  the   1st    3  1/2   years   of   the  Tribulation.

When someone claims that something is clear when it isn't, I quit reading.  You don't build a doctrine on one verse and there's no other mention of a seven year anything.  I think the debate is to whether "the temple" is a reference to a literal structure or a spiritual structure, our bodies.  I'm of the persuasion it's both.

Concerning the literal structure, I'm not sure if that's a reference to a huge temple like Solomon's or a portable tabernacle like was carried in the exodus.  Either way I think the importance is that in the holy place of whichever, the son of perdition goes to claim to be God. 

It would make sense that it is both physical and spiritual.  I do think it will be a solid building structure, as that's what they had previously.  If I may, I think what was meant was that the treaty would mark the beginning of the temple, which they think will take 3.5 yrs to build.  I don't know where they pulled that number out of though.  I would have to really peruse to see whether it's in scripture concerning the building of the temple at all, or not.

Like you said, things need to be clear :)

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

Zion,

A third Temple in Jerusalem is a Divine necessity. Sometime in the future (and perhaps closer than we think) God will allow Satan and the Antichrist to take control of the world for 3 1/2 years. The Antichrist will set up the Abomination of Desolation -- a blasphemous idol of himself through which Satan will be worshiped  by the whole world. The Antichrist will sit in this Temple and call himself God, while he blasphemes God.  Please note that Christ prophesied of the Abomination of Desolation as a future event, and Paul prophesied of the Man of Sin, the Son, of Perdition (also called the Beast and the Antichrist) (2 Thess 2:1-4):

1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

That's what I said I thought would happen in my OP.  But thanks :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Zion,

A third Temple in Jerusalem is a Divine necessity. Sometime in the future (and perhaps closer than we think) God will allow Satan and the Antichrist to take control of the world for 3 1/2 years. The Antichrist will set up the Abomination of Desolation -- a blasphemous idol of himself through which Satan will be worshiped  by the whole world. The Antichrist will sit in this Temple and call himself God, while he blasphemes God.  Please note that Christ prophesied of the Abomination of Desolation as a future event, and Paul prophesied of the Man of Sin, the Son, of Perdition (also called the Beast and the Antichrist) (2 Thess 2:1-4):

1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

And since we are know the temple of Christ (1Co 6:19 KJV - What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?), we need to look inside to be sure it is not "ourself" that is sitting on that throne. 

The kingdom of God comes without observation of the eyeball. Let him who reads understand. 

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

And since we are know the temple of Christ (

1Co 6:19 KJV) - What? know ye not that

your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost

which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?), we need to look inside to be sure it is not "ourself" that is sitting on that throne. [/quote]

One should rightly divide the Word of Truth and not confuse and confound two things which are entirely different.  The Church (and every individual Christian) is METAPHORICALLY the Temple of God -- the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit, since He resides within the spirits of believers, thus the body is called "the temple".

On the other hand, there will be a real, physical, "bricks and mortar" Temple in Jerusalem in the future, and that is where the Abomination of Desolation will sit. Plans for this Temple are already in the works. https://www.templeinstitute.org/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

I am 100% accepting this truth..

And since we are know the temple of Christ (

1Co 6:19 KJV) - What? know ye not that

your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost

which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?), we need to look inside to be sure it is not "ourself" that is sitting on that throne.

One should rightly divide the Word of Truth and not confuse and confound two things which are entirely different.  The Church (and every individual Christian) is METAPHORICALLY the Temple of God -- the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit, since He resides within the spirits of believers, thus the body is called "the temple".

On the other hand, there will be a real, physical, "bricks and mortar" Temple in Jerusalem in the future, and that is where the Abomination of Desolation will sit. Plans for this Temple are already in the works. https://www.templeinstitute.org/

As was said in my reply to Last Daze, I believe that the temple is spiritual, as in the body of Christ and our bodies being the temple of the Holy Spirit, but that there will also be a physical third temple.

Blessings :)

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

As was said in my reply to Last Daze, I believe that the temple is spiritual, as in the body of Christ and our bodies being the temple of the Holy Spirit, but that there will also be a physical third temple.

Blessings :)

I agree.  One doesn't preclude the other.