IGNORED

Third temple: mere possibility or concrete reality?

*Zion*

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On February 8, 2016 at 10:11 AM, WilliamL said:

I wouldn't count on this Spock. Again, you may get caught looking past the mark.

Nothing in "the time of the end" passage of Daniel 11:40-12:13 speaks of a Temple, let alone the building of one. An "abomination of desolation," certainly (12:11). But no Temple is mentioned, neither sacrifice, although some poor translations add in the word. But the Hebrew does not have it.

But I've already covered these things more fully in previous posts.

I just saw this post William so now I see why you jumped on me on the other thread. 

Ok, here are my thoughts on this:. Clearly sacrifices will be reinstituted, so don't you need a temple to do such?  You may say no, just throw up some tent on the Mount and that is good enough. 

But scripture does say the beast will stand in the holy place, so whether it is a tent or a temple is not that important to me. Standing in a tent is not as sexy, so I would think the beast would want this to be a big moment for him and for the world to see. 

The bottom line for me is, I'm not waiting and watching for a rebuilt temple, but I am expecting sacrifices to be reinstituted somewhere- be it on the Mount or that place Marilyn referenced. Having said all that, my vote is that there will be an actual physical building put up next to the Dome of the Rock where Jews can call their own. I think this is huge and comes as a result of this peace treaty being instituted after some Mideast war that is brokered to bring a false peace to the area. If anyone disagrees, fine by me.

spock out