• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Just remember, kids: pride is a sin, and perfection is a delusion (no offense taken :o)

Jeff, I was very obviously talking about our present perspective.  Don't worry though, if you let Him, He will change you from glory to glory, transforming you by the renewing of your mind by His life-giving Word, into a reflection of His image.

God bless you :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

Blessings Sis Zion.....

Great topic but it is probably a discussion we can have that could last hours-lol     I have found through much study,prayer & seeking Gods Truth that  this spirit(jeff touched on it)seems to be at the root of just about everything & it is rampant on earth,,,,,,,,,,,from the simplest thing as one not being able to refrain from "re-acting"to someones words & having to be heard & to be right & have the last word & me ,me,me,I ,I ,I to being defensive & to the greedy thirst for money & power,,,,,,,,,,,,it always seems to be pride at the core,that insideous spirit,,,,not easily recognized

Give someone a suggestion about being kinder,nicer,more loving & they will bark at you,,,,,,,,say something you could have said with more compassion,they will say"How dare they speak to ME that way"..........when someone steals they believe they are entitled(pride),they lie & are trying to hide something(pride),,,,,,,,,,,, want to lead a sinful lifestyle (for self satisfaction or gratification),,,it;s pride,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they hate because they are hurt(pride).......violent to be in control(pride),,,,& so on & so on and what is pride really,idolatry,of self,,,,,,,,,,,,I believe that is why Gods Word says if you break one commandment,you have broken them all,,,,,,,,because they are all the same

Like I said Sis,we could talk about this forever and I know first hand because I was very prideful before life with Jesus,,,,,,,it still comes knocking ,,,,,,,,those demons miss their old comfy home,,,,,,,,,,,,,the only way to keep em out is to stay filled with the Holy Spirit & leave no room,keep Gods Full Armor on & be alert,,,,,,,,,,,,I believe if any man says he has not an issue with"pride",he is also a liar                I fall down,I get embarrassed,my "pride" is bruised,,,,,,,,,pride is everywhere,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Glory to God,we all need Jesus,,,,,,,,,,,,,thank God for the Blood of the Lamb

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Wow. Ok. I need some band-aids for all 10 toes. Kwik? Could you take those stilettos off please? HAHAHAHAH...

Seriously... Wow. That  ..... right to the bone this morning with my 1st cup of coffee, lol... And I'm the better for it. Thank you, Sister Kwik...

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Yes :) 

To clarify, I know what the general definition of pride is.  What I was after was a working definition of spiritual pride specifically in relation to what we all think of as pride; be that arrogance or lack of modesty.  I am in much agreement with all that has been said thus far, so thanks for the replies.  I guess we have a good foundation now which we can use as a back drop to the discussion.  

Blessings :)

Hi Zion

Do you mean confidence when speaking the scriptures? Being bold or blunt.  Like I'm right and you're wrong type of thing?

To clarify, I know what the general definition of pride is.  What I was after was a working definition of spiritual pride specifically in relation to what we all think of as pride; be that arrogance or lack of modesty.  I am in much agreement with all that has been said thus far, so thanks for the replies.  I guess we have a good foundation now which we can use as a back drop to the discussion.  

Hi Zion

Do you mean confidence when speaking the scriptures? Being bold or blunt.  Like I'm right and you're wrong type of thing?

No, confidence is different from arrogance.  See angel's replies above, the first one specifically illustrates the spiritual pride we are discussing :)

Blessings Sis Zion.....

Great topic but it is probably a discussion we can have that could last hours-lol     I have found through much study,prayer & seeking Gods Truth that  this spirit(jeff touched on it)seems to be at the root of just about everything & it is rampant on earth,,,,,,,,,,,from the simplest thing as one not being able to refrain from "re-acting"to someones words & having to be heard & to be right & have the last word & me ,me,me,I ,I ,I to being defensive & to the greedy thirst for money & power,,,,,,,,,,,,it always seems to be pride at the core,that insideous spirit,,,,not easily recognized

Give someone a suggestion about being kinder,nicer,more loving & they will bark at you,,,,,,,,say something you could have said with more compassion,they will say"How dare they speak to ME that way"..........when someone steals they believe they are entitled(pride),they lie & are trying to hide something(pride),,,,,,,,,,,, want to lead a sinful lifestyle (for self satisfaction or gratification),,,it;s pride,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they hate because they are hurt(pride).......violent to be in control(pride),,,,& so on & so on and what is pride really,idolatry,of self,,,,,,,,,,,,I believe that is why Gods Word says if you break one commandment,you have broken them all,,,,,,,,because they are all the same

Like I said Sis,we could talk about this forever and I know first hand because I was very prideful before life with Jesus,,,,,,,it still comes knocking ,,,,,,,,those demons miss their old comfy home,,,,,,,,,,,,,the only way to keep em out is to stay filled with the Holy Spirit & leave no room,keep Gods Full Armor on & be alert,,,,,,,,,,,,I believe if any man says he has not an issue with"pride",he is also a liar                I fall down,I get embarrassed,my "pride" is bruised,,,,,,,,,pride is everywhere,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Glory to God,we all need Jesus,,,,,,,,,,,,,thank God for the Blood of the Lamb

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Wow. Ok. I need some band-aids for all 10 toes. Kwik? Could you take those stilettos off please? HAHAHAHAH...

Seriously... Wow. That  ..... right to the bone this morning with my 1st cup of coffee, lol... And I'm the better for it. Thank you, Sister Kwik...

A to-the men :D

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Hi Zion

No, confidence is different from arrogance.  See angel's replies above, the first one specifically illustrates the spiritual pride we are discussing :)

Zion

Ok, thanks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Pride? Do I have it? Take someone who is most despised in your own eyes (no matter why) and
give God's Love, that is in you, to them... observe the change in yourself as you do this -then- 
realize that it was pride that kept you from the place you are now !  It is most ugly when it is seen
clearly... Love, Steven 

Pride? Do I have it? Take someone who is most despised in your own eyes (no matter why) and
give God's Love, that is in you, to them... observe the change in yourself as you do this -then- 
realize that it was pride that kept you from the place you are now !  It is most ugly when it is seen
clearly... Love, Steven 

I like it! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Jesus address spiritual pride and the following parable:  10)  Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.  11)  The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee that i am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as the publican.  12)  I fast twice in the week; I give tithes of all that I possess.  13)  And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.  14)  I tell you this man went down to his house justified rather that the other; for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased: and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.  Luke 18:10=14  Sorry about the equal sign but my computer keyboard is acting up.

But spiritual pride is the most deadly sin, mankind faces.  Because it states i am just as good as anybody if not better.  Spiritual pride will keep one from coming to Christ Jesus, because just as the Pharisee in this story the person will not see they need for the redeemer; but spiritual humility allows us to see our great need for Christ.  I think we all have a little spiritual pride which isn't good, but too much will keep people away from Jesus.  I know this because when a man name Jerry told me about Jesus Christ; I said I needed Him with my mouth, but in my heart and mind I was like i am just as good as anyone else.  So it took God a good half year to convince me as Paul stated i am the chiefest of sinners who needs the gift of grace that God thru Jesus give to all man,  I was so prideful the Holy Spirit had to open my eyes to my spiritual wickedness.

Although seeing this thread reminds me of that old saying; some people think they are so humble they wear their humble button with great pride.

Edited by FreeinChrist