• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

We use this phrase `the body of Christ,` but what does it actually mean.

`Now you are the body of Christ, & members individually.` (1 Cor. 12: 27)

What are some aspects that you see tell us about the Body of Christ.

(Could you please use scriptures, & write them out as it helps to understand what is being said. Thank you)

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

The Body of Christ is the born again believer.

Romans 12:5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.

1 Corinthians 10:17 17 For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread.

Colossians 1:24 24 I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,

Hi bopeep1909,

All good points there. Thank you for your meaningful contribution.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

'Body Of Christ ? Christ being the Greek word for Anointed.

- Body Of God's "Anointed".

"Jesus The Christ" Jesus The Anointed Of God.

Hi RevelationWriter,

Thank you for your insightful comments.

Marilyn.

I believe amid everyday life we can miss the amazing revelation of the Body of Christ. We can be so caught up in world affairs, or be looking at man`s meager efforts through his organizations & say, “Well, it seems the church is weak & irrelevant.”

Thus I believe this topic is so important for people to share with one another & be encouraged in what Christ the Head is doing to build & mature His Body. So here are some of my thoughts.

We know that God gave the Apostle Paul the wonderful revelation of the Body of Christ.

`For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles - …how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery ….which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by His holy Spirit to His apostles & prophets: that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, & partakers of His promise in Christ…` (Eph. 3: 1 – 6)

And that it is by the Holy Spirit that we are placed in the Body.

`…now God has set the members, each one of them, in the Body just as He pleased.` (1 Cor. 12: 18)

Then we are told that Christ Himself is the Head of His body. And it is God the Father who placed the Lord as Head -

`...at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all  principality & power & might & dominion, & every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. And he put all things under His feet, & gave Him to be Head over all things to the church, which is His Body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.` (Eph. 1: 20 – 23)

Thus I believe we can be quite confident that the Lord, the Head of the body will complete the building & maturing of His Body, across the world & down through the centuries.

Marilyn.

I believe an important point regarding the Body of Christ is that every person in the Body is not only placed there by the Holy Spirit but is filled with the Holy Spirit.  This was not possible prior to the Lord`s ascension & seated at the Father`s right hand. We know that He told the disciples that He had to go so He could send the Holy Spirit.

`Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. `(John 16: 7)

It is the Holy Spirit`s task to make us like Christ. This was not possible before this & makes the Body of Christ unique, & different from Israel & the nations.

`His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life & godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory & virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great & precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, ….` (2 Peter 1: 3 & 4)

Would anyone like to comment on the `precious promises?` What specifically are these?

Marilyn.

What is the Body of Christ..docx

These are some of the wonderful promises to the Body of Christ.

Promise of a heavenly calling.

`Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling,..` (Heb. 3: 1)

Promise of a heavenly hope.

`We give thanks to the God & father of our Lord Jesus Christ,….because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven,…` (Col. 1: 3 -  5)

Promise of a heavenly inheritance.

`Blessed be the God & father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance in corruptible & undefiled & that does not fade away reserved in heaven for you.` (1 Peter 1: 3 & 4)

Promise of a heavenly citizenship.

`For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we eagerly wait for the savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 3: 20)

What astounding promises. Marilyn.

What is the Body of Christ..docx

Hi simplejeff,

A very important & timely warning. Thank you.

Marilyn.

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 11/17/2015 at 4:17 AM, Marilyn C said:

Would anyone like to comment on the `precious promises?` What specifically are these?

Hi Marilyn,

Grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Good question.

In fact, it is very important to know the Eternal’s promises and believe them. It’s enough to think that:

·         “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [ pertain ] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.” (2Peter 1.3,4).

That is, to us to be Eternal’s sons, it is necessary take hold of the promises of the Sacred Scripture, especially considering that the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. (1Cor 4.20). Our faith should be stood for in the power of God (1Cor 2.5). After all, the just shall live by faith (Hab 2.4; Rom 1.17; Gal 3.11; Heb 10.38), coming out of the Babylonian System that lead this world (analyze Rev 18.4).

And the worst is that the people that say to believe in Jesus are conforming themselves to see not them fulfil in their lives. I ask: Jesus’ promises are something insignificant to be despised? If we believe that Jesus and His Word are the truth and that all that He promised is wonderful and indispensable to success of our mission here, we ought to strain in order that all that Jesus promised to be fulfilled in us. Remember that those who refused to take hold of the promise died in the wilderness (Num 14.21-23,40).

To see the severity of the promises, let’s analyze one of them:

·         But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” (Matthew 6.33).

If we don’t take possession of this promise, we will be under the curse of Adam and we will have that to eat in the sweat of our face (Gen 3.18) instead of us having our needs supplied by glory of the Eternal (as He promised – Matt 6.11; Phil 4.19).

Instead of me receiving my daily allowance while I sleep, I will have to eat the bread of sorrows, rising up early and sitting up late (Psalm 127.2). And the worst: I will not be free to use my work to give to him that need (Eph 4.28).

In other words, instead of using our talents and gifts to bless our brothers and using our income to help others that are bondage under the elements of the world (Gal 4.3) and, therefore, unable to take hold of the promises of the Eternal, we will have to use them for our own necessity. It is less an opportunity for us to approach somebody to preach the gospel (Mark 16.15) inside our heart (2Co 3.1-3).

Furthermore, if we have that to eat of the sweat of our face, inevitably we will explore our neighbor to the maximum.

Therefore, to fail to look for the promises of the Eternal is a crime against Jesus and the neighbor that Jesus wants to bring to us.

May Jesus bless you.