• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 11/15/2015 at 4:18 AM, Marilyn C said:

We use this phrase `the body of Christ,` but what does it actually mean.

Hi Marilyn,

Grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Finally I understood what you mean with the question “What is the Body of Christ?”.

To figure this out, let’s go to the first verse:

“He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both [ are ] abomination to the LORD.” (Pv 17.15).

According to the Sacred Scripture, the soul that sinneth, it shall die (Eze 18.4,20). However, we sin and who died was Jesus. This doesn’t seem to be fair (as shown in the verse above).

How do it resolve this riddle?

“Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.” (John 10.17,18).

Jesus gave his life here so that he could live the life of everyone who believed in him. We, on the other hand, must die to ourselves so that Jesus live in us (Luke 9.23; Rom 6.1-4; 1Cor 15.36; 2Cor 4.10,11; Gal 6.14; Col 3.1-5).

In other words, Jesus didn’t give His only earthly life so that we can live indiscriminately in sin and, even so, go to the heaven. Jesus isn’t minister of sin (Gal 2.17). Who insist on finding your life in this world (Matt 10.39) go astray in sin, going far away from all that is heaven (1Co 6.9-11; Gal 5.19-21; Col 3.5,6; Rev 21.8; 22.15). Jesus gave His life to live in millions of lives, that is, so that we die for ourselves and, thus, we can live for Him (2Cor 5.15; 1John 2.6; 4.9; see Col 1.27).

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Gal 2.20).

After all, for of him, and through him, and to him, [ are ] all things (Rom 11.36).

“But as many as received him, he gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in his name.” (John 1.12 - Douay-Rheims Bible).

To the contrary that many people believe, salvation isn’t static (that is, once saved, saved forever). It need to be developed with fear and trembling by Jesus within us (Phil 2.12,13). The salvation of Jesus give itself every moment when we submit ourselves to His Spirit and Word:

“For what glory [ is it ], if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer [ for it ], ye take it patiently, this [ is ] acceptable with God. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed [ himself ] to him that judgeth righteously: who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” (1Peter 2.20-24).

Note that Jesus did not simply saved us. He left us an example to be followed, a lifestyle in that He can operate in us (Titus 3.4-6) and to keep us safe from ourselves (from who we became because of sin – Rom 7.15-21).

So much so that Jesus said:

“I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us [ his ] flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.” (John 6.51-57).

Note that we must drink the blood of Jesus (the life He desire to live through us) and eat His flesh daily. But, what is the flesh of Christ?

“The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? For we [ being ] many are one bread, [ and ] one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.” (1Cor 10.16,17).

Perceive that the bread of Christ is His flesh, to know, the communion that must there be in the Church.

But, in what does this communion consist?

“Behold, how good and how pleasant [ it is ] for brethren to dwell together in unity!” (Psalms 133.1).

“Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some [ others ], epistles of commendation to you, or [ letters ] of commendation from you? Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: [ Forasmuch as ye are ] manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.” (2Cor 3.1-3).         

“Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.” (1Peter 2.5).

Considering that we are the temple of the Eternal (1Cor 3.16; 6.19; 2Cor 6.16), the true Church is one that the own Jesus build within us. Our live (spiritual house) must be built with lively stones, that is, with those who Jesus bring to us (see Rev 3.20) in order that we offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ, mainly, so that He can nail His word inside them (Mark 16.15), in our hearts (2Cor 3.2).

In other words, the true Church consist in Jesus building our live with each one He brings to us, in such a way that, when someone look at us, see each one of them, as if each one was a member of ours (Rm 12.5).

But, in the end, how the Body of Christ is formed?

“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” (Matt 18.20).

For me, this is the best way to explain the formation of the Church (Body of Christ).

To be more precise: whenever two or three meet together in the name of Jesus, it is because Jesus is there and wish to use them to minister something to somebody. This is the body Christ uses to manifest His life, which remember the tabernacle in the wilderness.

When the cloud was taken up from the tabernacle, then after that the children of Israel journeyed (Num 9.17), each one carrying the part of the tabernacle that was theirs. and in the place where the cloud abode, there the children of Israel pitched their tents (Num 9.17) and there each one put his part of tabernacle in the right place and again the tabernacle was erected.

In the same way, when Jesus wishes to use someone, He move them to the right local to meet with a brother and there He carries out His work. When the work is finished, Jesus lead him to his place, coming to join him with other brother in another place according to His pleasure.

When this happen, one it is used by Jesus to write His word in the heart of the other.

May Jesus bless you in every step you take.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

10 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

Hi Marilyn,

Finally I understood what you mean with the question “What is the Body of Christ?”.

To figure this out, let’s go to the first verse:

“He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both [ are ] abomination to the LORD.” (Pv 17.15).

According to the Sacred Scripture, the soul that sinneth, it shall die (Eze 18.4,20). However, we sin and who died was Jesus. This doesn’t seem to be fair (as shown in the verse above).

How do it resolve this riddle?

“Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.” (John 10.17,18).

Jesus gave his life here so that he could live the life of everyone who believed in him. We, on the other hand, must die to ourselves so that Jesus live in us (Luke 9.23; Rom 6.1-4; 1Cor 15.36; 2Cor 4.10,11; Gal 6.14; Col 3.1-5).

In other words, Jesus didn’t give His only earthly life so that we can live indiscriminately in sin and, even so, go to the heaven. Jesus isn’t minister of sin (Gal 2.17). Who insist on finding your life in this world (Matt 10.39) go astray in sin, going far away from all that is heaven (1Co 6.9-11; Gal 5.19-21; Col 3.5,6; Rev 21.8; 22.15). Jesus gave His life to live in millions of lives, that is, so that we die for ourselves and, thus, we can live for Him (2Cor 5.15; 1John 2.6; 4.9; see Col 1.27).

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Gal 2.20).

After all, for of him, and through him, and to him, [ are ] all things (Rom 11.36).

“But as many as received him, he gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in his name.” (John 1.12 - Douay-Rheims Bible).

To the contrary that many people believe, salvation isn’t static (that is, once saved, saved forever). It need to be developed with fear and trembling by Jesus within us (Phil 2.12,13). The salvation of Jesus give itself every moment when we submit ourselves to His Spirit and Word:

“For what glory [ is it ], if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer [ for it ], ye take it patiently, this [ is ] acceptable with God. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed [ himself ] to him that judgeth righteously: who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” (1Peter 2.20-24).

Note that Jesus did not simply saved us. He left us an example to be followed, a lifestyle in that He can operate in us (Titus 3.4-6) and to keep us safe from ourselves (from who we became because of sin – Rom 7.15-21).

So much so that Jesus said:

“I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us [ his ] flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.” (John 6.51-57).

Note that we must drink the blood of Jesus (the life He desire to live through us) and eat His flesh daily. But, what is the flesh of Christ?

“The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? For we [ being ] many are one bread, [ and ] one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.” (1Cor 10.16,17).

Perceive that the bread of Christ is His flesh, to know, the communion that must there be in the Church.

But, in what does this communion consist?

“Behold, how good and how pleasant [ it is ] for brethren to dwell together in unity!” (Psalms 133.1).

“Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some [ others ], epistles of commendation to you, or [ letters ] of commendation from you? Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: [ Forasmuch as ye are ] manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.” (2Cor 3.1-3).         

“Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.” (1Peter 2.5).

Considering that we are the temple of the Eternal (1Cor 3.16; 6.19; 2Cor 6.16), the true Church is one that the own Jesus build within us. Our live (spiritual house) must be built with lively stones, that is, with those who Jesus bring to us (see Rev 3.20) in order that we offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ, mainly, so that He can nail His word inside them (Mark 16.15), in our hearts (2Cor 3.2).

In other words, the true Church consist in Jesus building our live with each one He brings to us, in such a way that, when someone look at us, see each one of them, as if each one was a member of ours (Rm 12.5).

But, in the end, how the Body of Christ is formed?

“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” (Matt 18.20).

For me, this is the best way to explain the formation of the Church (Body of Christ).

To be more precise: whenever two or three meet together in the name of Jesus, it is because Jesus is there and wish to use them to minister something to somebody. This is the body Christ uses to manifest His life, which remember the tabernacle in the wilderness.

When the cloud was taken up from the tabernacle, then after that the children of Israel journeyed (Num 9.17), each one carrying the part of the tabernacle that was theirs. and in the place where the cloud abode, there the children of Israel pitched their tents (Num 9.17) and there each one put his part of tabernacle in the right place and again the tabernacle was erected.

In the same way, when Jesus wishes to use someone, He move them to the right local to meet with a brother and there He carries out His work. When the work is finished, Jesus lead him to his place, coming to join him with other brother in another place according to His pleasure.

When this happen, one it is used by Jesus to write His word in the heart of the other.

May Jesus bless you in every step you take.

Hi Leonardo Von,

I was really blessed to read your comments. You have given us much to think upon. I appreciated this -

`Jesus gave His life to live in millions of lives, that is, so that we die for ourselves and, thus, we can live for Him (2Cor 5.15; 1John 2.6; 4.9; see Col 1.27). `

May people read & be encouraged.

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member

On 9/10/2016 at 3:32 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi HAZARD,

BTW do you know of another `called out` group in God`s word? Blessings, Marilyn.

On 9/10/2016 at 5:49 PM, HAZARD said:

No, only these. Paul identifies “the ecclesia of God” as “them who are sanctified in Christ Jesus.” The word sanctified means “set apart.” God’s ecclesia is a called-out people, set apart unto God.

On 9/10/2016 at 9:29 PM, ENOCH2010 said:

The  Israelites were called out of Goshen (The first church) 

On 9/10/2016 at 9:48 PM, HAZARD said:

They dwelt in the land of Goshen, as a group or nation pf peoples, but I personally would not go so far as saying they were "The Body of Christ."

Genesis 47:27, And Israel dwelt in the land of Egypt, in the country of Goshen; and they had possessions therein, and grew, and multiplied exceedingly.

On 9/10/2016 at 10:06 PM, Ezra said:

Correct.  Indeed the majority of those Israelites perished in the wilderness because of their unbelief and rebellion. They were definitely NOT saved.

The Body of Christ could only become a reality after the Holy Spirit was poured out on the Day of Pentecost (50 days after the resurrection of Christ).  It is the Spirit that baptizes believers into the Body of Christ, and that Body is redeemed Jews and Gentiles without distinction.  And that Body is also the Bride as well as the Building of Christ. 

On 9/10/2016 at 11:08 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Hazard,

Yes, the Holy Spirit through Paul identifies the `ecclesia of God` as the Body of Christ. However, the Holy Spirit through Luke in Acts tells us the there is another group, `the ecclesia in the wilderness.` (Acts 7: 38)

Marilyn.

In relation to all that you said, I found it good to write about the “ecclesia in the wilderness” (Acts 7: 38). Behold what I found in other versions:

* ‘"This is the one who was in the congregation in the wilderness together with the angel who was speaking to him on Mount Sinai, and who was with our fathers; and he received living oracles to pass on to you.” (Acts 7.38 - New American Standard Bible).

*  “Moses was with our ancestors, the assembly of God's people in the wilderness, when the angel spoke to him at Mount Sinai. And there Moses received life-giving words to pass on to us. (Acts 7.38 - New Living Translation).

*  “This is the one who was in the congregation in the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him at Mount Sinai, and with our fathers. He received living oracles to give to us.” (Acts 7.38 - English Standard Version).

Observe that in this and in other versions isn’t used the word “church”. This is very appropriate, forasmuch as the people that go out of the Egypt never was the church. They were to have been:

*   Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth [ is ] mine: and ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These [ are ] the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.” (Exodus 19.5,6).

Note that kingdom of priests is exactly the role of the Church (1Peter 2.5,9; Rev 1.6; 5.10).

Unfortunately, they refuse themselves to have intimacy with the Eternal:

*   “And ye said, Behold, the LORD our God hath shewed us his glory and his greatness, and we have heard his voice out of the midst of the fire: we have seen this day that God doth talk with man, and he liveth. Now therefore why should we die? for this great fire will consume us: if we hear the voice of the LORD our God any more, then we shall die. For who [ is there of ] all flesh, that hath heard the voice of the living God speaking out of the midst of the fire, as we [ have ], and lived? Go thou near, and hear all that the LORD our God shall say: and speak thou unto us all that the LORD our God shall speak unto thee; and we will hear [ it ], and do [ it ].” (Deut 5.24-27)

It was this refusal that the tabernacle and the Old Testament came.

And why they decline to hear the voice of the Eternal?

*   “For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,

*   “And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which [ voice ] they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:

*   ( For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:

*   “And so terrible was the sight, [ that ] Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake: )(Heb 12.18-21).

They commit the mistake of thinking that only the commandments of the Eternal were sufficient. However, without His voice to give life to His word, this doesn’t work His salvation inside us (see 1John 3.9) in order that the justice of the law be fulfilled in us (Rom 8.3,4).

Resulted: we’ll not be able to fulfill the Father’s will because the seed of Ha-Satan (the sin – Gen 3.15) live in us, leaving us worthless (see Rom 3.9-18; 7.13-25).

To you have an idea of the importance of hearing the voice of the Eternal, for twelve times Jesus exhort us to this:

*   “He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.” (Matthew 11:15).

*   “Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.” (Matthew 13:9).

*   “Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.” (Matthew 13:43)

*   “And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.” (Mark 4:9).

*   “It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; [ but ] men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.” (Luke 14:35)

*   “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches” (Revelation 2:7,11,17,29; 3.6,13,22)

And no wonder. Even the blessings come upon us and follow us when we hear the voice of the Eternal:

*   “And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe [ and ] to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: and all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.” (Deut 28.1,2).

Not to mention that, as the Eternal is the great “I AM” (Exodus 3.15), therefore it is He who defines all things. The voice of the Eternal transforms a dead rod in an instrument capable to opening the sea, to bring water out of the rock, etc. His voice is able to to make a man walk on water (Matt 14.29).

His voice is that determine all around us, that work in us both to will and to do of [ his ] good pleasure. (Phil 2.13).

Besides, if the Eternal took interest in talking to Ha-Satan, let alone with His Bride. That we never conform ourselves to walk without being guided for His voice (this is what makes us God’s sons – Rom 8.14).

May Jesus bless you with His sweet voice.

Edited by Leonardo Von

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 11/15/2015 at 0:18 AM, Marilyn C said:

We use this phrase `the body of Christ,` but what does it actually mean.

I think the most important pertinent Scripture is "... many are sick and dying...."   because they don't recognize the body of Christ. (NOT pertaining to Pesach or later communion).

I think it is most important because so many are dying , so many are sick - and seemingly totally unaware of the healing available,  if they would be willing to die and to suffer with Jesus in order if possible to also (now, today) live with Him in His Way (I hesitate to repeat - "in resurrection life" because it is mis-used so much, almost always - in assemblies today) ....

Hand in Hand with this, is Jesus Word "My Words are Spirit, and They are Life" (i.e. NOT flesh, nor of the flesh, nor ever learned by the flesh) ....  and Jesus Word "My Father has Revealed this to you"(when He does, which is rare today in any assembly)...... 

The ONLY Way to learn of His body - what to see, what to expect (from the Father in heaven, what to see and to expect now on earth)    seems to be ONLY in and from HIS WORD (continually reading His Word,  in ANY translation - it is carnal to argue over which one to read) .... 

reading continually - all of His Word,  and praying for HIS Revelation (without which none; sine qua non)

In His Word seeing TRUTH, by His Grace in Jesus, that CANNOT be seen here or in almost nay anyplace on earth (not just 'churches' but literally anyplace - all of mankind is rottenly evil according to His Word) ....

In HIs Word - over and over seeing there what is True and Right and His Way - HIS description of HIS Way , His People, His working in and thru His people TODAY on earth.... (rarely seen).....(never seen by most)

Hi Leonardo Von,

Now do you believe that Israel has any place in God`s future purposes?

Marilyn.

3 hours ago, LeavesSeeds said:

I think the most important pertinent Scripture is "... many are sick and dying...."   because they don't recognize the body of Christ. (NOT pertaining to Pesach or later communion).

I think it is most important because so many are dying , so many are sick - and seemingly totally unaware of the healing available,  if they would be willing to die and to suffer with Jesus in order if possible to also (now, today) live with Him in His Way (I hesitate to repeat - "in resurrection life" because it is mis-used so much, almost always - in assemblies today) ....

Hand in Hand with this, is Jesus Word "My Words are Spirit, and They are Life" (i.e. NOT flesh, nor of the flesh, nor ever learned by the flesh) ....  and Jesus Word "My Father has Revealed this to you"(when He does, which is rare today in any assembly)...... 

The ONLY Way to learn of His body - what to see, what to expect (from the Father in heaven, what to see and to expect now on earth)    seems to be ONLY in and from HIS WORD (continually reading His Word,  in ANY translation - it is carnal to argue over which one to read) .... 

reading continually - all of His Word,  and praying for HIS Revelation (without which none; sine qua non)

In His Word seeing TRUTH, by His Grace in Jesus, that CANNOT be seen here or in almost nay anyplace on earth (not just 'churches' but literally anyplace - all of mankind is rottenly evil according to His Word) ....

In HIs Word - over and over seeing there what is True and Right and His Way - HIS description of HIS Way , His People, His working in and thru His people TODAY on earth.... (rarely seen).....(never seen by most)

Hi LeavesSeeds,

I think you have brought out a very important point - praying for His Revelation, His Truth. This we need in everyday life & also to know His Purposes He is carrying out.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member

On 9/14/2016 at 7:52 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Leonardo Von,

Now do you believe that Israel has any place in God`s future purposes?

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

I answered this query on this posts:

I invite you to read my posts and give your suggest, opinion, etc.

May Jesus bless you.

4 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

Hi Marilyn,

I answered this query on this posts:

I invite you to read my posts and give your suggest, opinion, etc.

May Jesus bless you.

Hi Leonardo Von,

Thank you for that link. I certainly appreciated reading your comments. Quite detailed & instructive. May you continue to contribute & uplift us all.

God bless, Marilyn.