• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

So what we are really seeing here, is truth versus flesh, right?

No, its not *truth versus flesh*, but Truth vs Lies, or more precisely THE TRUTH (Christ) vs THE FATHER OF LIES (Satan).  Ever since Satan entered the garden of Eden, it has been a battle between Truth vs Lies because the end result is Heaven vs Hell. Satan's master plan has always been to drag all of humanity to Hell (the Lake of Fire) therefore there have been lies upon lies since Eden, and they are all under the umbrella of Mystery Babylon who sits upon the scarlet coloured Beast. At the same time God desires that all men be saved and COME UNTO THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH (1 Tim 2:4).  This tells us that salvation is the first step, and coming to the knowledge of the truth is a lifetime endeavour. 

What too many Christians have failed to understand is (1) there is a battle for the truth, (2) each and every believer has a responsibility to know what has been revealed as the Truth of God so that every lie (and liar) can be detected and discarded.

Sadly, too many Christians have only a superficial understanding of what God has revealed, and too many have accepted the teachings of men without a serious personal study of the Word of God.  Most churches have not really encouraged and trained believers to use all the legitimate tools of Bible study to carefully examine the Word of God and come unto the knowledge of the truth.  Furthermore, too many Christians run away from the truth when it cuts close to the bone, rather than yield to it and be transformed.

Then again, too many Christians have given in to False Christianity and all the lies that go with it.  Too many have accepted the folly of theological liberalism, the cults, and heterodox teachings, without comparing them to the Scriptures. Therefore truth is presently on the run in general (within Christendom), while lies flourish and cults grow by leap and bounds. Often when a servant of God presents the truth to his church, he is kicked out rather than having the lies kicked out.  Even the modern Bible versions which have now become predominant are presenting lies versus the Truth.

The antidote for every believer is to (a) honestly acknowledge there is a battle and (b) battle valiantly for the truth, even if it means one against a thousand. That believer is never alone since the Father, the Word (the Son), and the Holy Spirit are always there, and always with the Truth. "Thy Word is Truth" (Jn 17:17).

I meant with regards to our christian walk.  We need to crucify the flesh to abide deeper in Christ and His Truth.

Also, if Christians have accepted false chrisitanity instead of true Christians, they are no longer true believers but are now false, for they now believe what is false.

I realised by your replies what the fundamental issue here is.  In order to know the truth, we need to have faith in order to accept it.  After all, how can we have Christ unless we have first accepted Him and His message?  Therefore, we all are able to grasp the Truth He gives us, right?  And on our journey with Him, we see more and more truth because we encounter Him continually.  But wherever we are on the journey, we should be ready to accept what He has to share with us, right?  After all, it took faith to get as far as we have with Him, right?  And we are still trusting Him, right?

Right?

No.  

As long as someone trusts the flesh instead of the Creator, not right -- just look at the many threads and posts indicating trust in man instead of trust in Yahweh's(God's) Word ....   being separated unto God from what is false takes faith in God and God's Accomplishment.  Even just being willing to seek the Truth is a Gift from God.... sheer grace.   Most of Jesus' followers left Him , they walked away from Him, when His Words got too difficult...  and He was right there with them teaching them and telling them His Father's Will and Word....  how much more difficult His Word is for people to accept TODAY .....  and people haven't changed...

I don't understand what you are saying nor its context with relation to this topic.

ezra summarized it perfectly.   christendom departed from the truth.    

to accept the truth today,  as always, 

is hard, rare, and few do.    partly because it requires rejecting what men apart from christ have been teaching for thousands of years - all the lies have to be rejected in order to believe the truth, and just desiring to know the truth - simply seeking the truth, requires a gift from God, as does receiving the truth.

See my above post in reply to Ezra.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

Living the life we do, in Jesus Christ, who is the Way, the Truth and the Life, accepting Him wholly as Lord and Saviour, we should always accept the truth, right?

Therefore there should be no aspect or area of reality that we should not be able to accept as solid and real, right?

Is there any truth too hard to accept?  The answer for us should be a resounding NO! right?

So, lets look at this from a slightly different perspective, and think of people who are told very late in life that they were adopted.  Some always suspected, some had no idea until they were very mature.  I would say that that is a very real and personal hard truth.  But I suppose there are more difficult discoveries that one could potentially have to come to terms with.

I'm sorry Mam. I'll be the first to admit my bulb isn't anywhere near the brightest among us. If I may ask just to better understand, are you asking:

"Should there be anything we come across in life that surpasses what we know to be true in God's word? Is there anything in real life that is outside/beyond the scope of the gospels when the rubber meets the road in our lives?"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Truth begins in the New Birth and the ingesting of God's Word increases the capacity in which we are able to hold
the truth as are very own substance of Life in Christ... it causes us to become aware of the darkness in which we
are and the hopeless state of lies by those who live by them. God is  illuminating us so that others might see the
escape route The Lord has given us. Truth is the universal of all of creation in math, science, the arts etc as the
ordered prescribed indicator that God 'IS' and His Way is the only Way.   Love, Steven

Living the life we do, in Jesus Christ, who is the Way, the Truth and the Life, accepting Him wholly as Lord and Saviour, we should always accept the truth, right?

Therefore there should be no aspect or area of reality that we should not be able to accept as solid and real, right?

Is there any truth too hard to accept?  The answer for us should be a resounding NO! right?

So, lets look at this from a slightly different perspective, and think of people who are told very late in life that they were adopted.  Some always suspected, some had no idea until they were very mature.  I would say that that is a very real and personal hard truth.  But I suppose there are more difficult discoveries that one could potentially have to come to terms with.

I'm sorry Mam. I'll be the first to admit my bulb isn't anywhere near the brightest among us. If I may ask just to better understand, are you asking:

"Should there be anything we come across in life that surpasses what we know to be true in God's word? Is there anything in real life that is outside/beyond the scope of the gospels when the rubber meets the road in our lives?"

Matt, what a wonderful brother :)

Not should there be, but there shouldn't be... right?

Even upon a difficult self-discovery, the truth would still be the truth.

Even when stumbling across a family secret.

Even when it's on a national or global scale.

The truth is always true.  It is absolute.

That's what I think.  I'm asking if others agree :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

Matt, what a wonderful brother :)

Awwww!

Not should there be, but there shouldn't be... right?

YES! That exactly! I definitely didn't mean "should" there be. Sheeze.

Even upon a difficult self-discovery, the truth would still be the truth.

Yes. I think so. I've been told that some people closest to me tire of hearing "biblical" relevance to every issue from me, but I just don't know how else to approach anything other than biblical. To me, it's the only life compass we have. It can always be our compass if we let scripture interpret life instead of letting life interpret scripture. ???

Even when stumbling across a family secret.

Yes... very much so.

Even when it's on a national or global scale.

Especially so... The only peace I've found in this is in the Truth of the word...

The truth is always true.  It is absolute.

Yes...

That's what I think.  I'm asking if others agree :) 

Then I whole-heartedly do... on every point.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

It fills my heart to read conversations like Matthew's and Zion's. Thank you both. 

• Loved it! 1

It fills my heart to read conversations like Matthew's and Zion's. Thank you both. 

Abernathy! :bighug2:

Stay blessed, and stay a blessing, dear brother :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Abernathy! :bighug2:

Stay blessed, and stay a blessing, dear brother :D

Abernathy's AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken, in case somebody didn't know.

God Bless you.

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Abernathy, you are a funny man.