Why won't God give me a break?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

I'm constantly stressed, I suffer from various mental and physical health issues, and honestly wish I wasn't living (I'm not suicidal).  Why won't God just give me a break, this is no way to live.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I'm constantly stressed, I suffer from various mental and physical health issues, and honestly wish I wasn't living (I'm not suicidal).  Why won't God just give me a break, this is no way to live.  

Hi Gerbil:)

Sorry to hear your life is not that easy, know that a lot of people here care and are more then willing to support you with advice and prayers , I hope you are a Christian who knows the Lord?

If so  , you're not walking alone  , Jesus is on your side at all time , He know's  about your struggles and wants you to trust in Him and His arms are around you . You have to believe He cares deeply for you..

Did you see a doctor and do you have a minister you can talk too?

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Ps 55:22

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Praying, my friend.

God Bless you.

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

God could be trying to get your attention.Please continue to pray and wait for Him to guide and direct you.Put your whole faith and trust in God.He has a plan for you.

GOD is not the cause of the pain and chaos of this world. Sin is, brought to us via Satan. As has been stated, GOD may be trying to get your attention through your current distress. Continue to seek HIM and HE will give you peace.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Corrie ten Boom often repeated the words, "look around and be distressed, look within and be depressed, look to God and be at rest" . A great saying you may say but when we look at life and events that have brought us to the point of distress and depression, they are often things over which we have no control. They are things said or done by others to us or by us to ones we love or simply world events,  over which once done we have no control...they are done and forgotten by others but kept in our thoughts and rehashed by us. This only serves to destroy our peace of mind and the joy as Christians that we should be enjoying. This is the time to look to our Heavenly Father and say, "Father, you know the anger and frustration and hurt and resentment I harbour. I want to be free of the thoughts of the past and the frustrations that stress and depress me. I can do nothing on my own to be free of them. You are my Father who loves and cherishes me as no one else can., take my thoughts that trouble me and free me to enjoy the life lived in knowing your Son as my Lord. I leave it all at the feet of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus, and go on in Your strength not mine. If I turn back to the things that have so stressed and depressed me, remind me Father, that Jesus took them all on Himself on the cross they no longer are mine but His. I AM FREE. Free to go on day by day living a life of contentment paid for by Jesus my Lord. Remind me Lord if I forget."

Spend time reading the Bible and listening to Gospel songs that fill your heart with joy and teach you about the love of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

Thank you everyone.  I was raised Roman Catholic but lost my faith.  I would like to try another denomination of Christianity, not sure which one.  I see 4 doctors and 2 therapists for my conditions.  I don't currently have a church, so I'd need to choose one to see a minster I guess.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed;
save me, and I shall be saved,
for you are my praise.
(Jeremiah 17:14 ESV)

And his name—by faith in his name—has made this man strong whom you see and know, and the faith that is through Jesus has given the man this perfect health in the presence of you all. (Acts 3:16 ESV)

Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.  And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. (James 5:14-15 ESV)

Edited by Dakila777

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

God could be trying to get your attention.Please continue to pray and wait for Him to guide and direct you.Put your whole faith and trust in God.He has a plan for you.

Absolutely, Bo. It can be His way of saying "Try another direction". Pray, Pray, Pray. Seek His kingdom and His will for you!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

A first step might be to accept your current life situation. All resistance to a current life situation makes things worse. It is possible to distance oneself from stress and pain. You are not your pain, you are the eternal soul created by God.

I find myself in really bad shape most of the time. I sympathize with you. Not easy.

Edited by Weber