Music Video Help

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone! It is nice to meet you! :) 

Recently I have had a problem pop up in my life, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for how to handle it. 

One of my greatest hobbies is cosplay. It is where you dress like your favorite characters from movies, games, comics, anime, or really anything! I have always loved it, but as these conventions are not always Christian friendly, I often do extensive research into them and the characters I portray in order to stay true to my faith. Recently, however, something happened and it has me very confused on what to do. 

A singer came to a convention in my city. She was looking for cosplayers to film briefly for one of her music videos. I read over the rules, and they stated that nothing inappropriate was allowed in the video (ie. no swearing, bullying, etc.) because the video was supposed to be family friendly. My friend (another Christian) decided to sign up with me, and we both were very excited, as not only was this a great opportunity, but also that we wouldn't have to violate our beliefs by joining. (We did a lot of research on the singer herself, and on the song she would be filming, and her and the song both appeared to be fine)

Everything went well... until I came home from the convention. The singer posted that she had filmed a woman proposing to her girlfriend for her new music video. It was shot on a whim and was not planned, and was done after my friend and I had already finished shooting our parts for the video. Because of this, I didn't know about the proposal until after we were done filming and after the video was already nearly completed. 

I have begun to feel very guilty about being a part of this production. I had no idea that this would be a part of the video, and if I had, I would not have taken part in it. The Bible specifically states that marriage between two women is wrong. Am I supporting their life style by being featured in this video? Even though I am certain it is too late to back out, should I try anyways? And has anyone else ever been in a similar situation? 

Thank you everyone for your help! <3 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved, It Beats Me~!

And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: 2 Peter 2:7-9

Praying~!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

if you have signed a contract and the filming is done....there may be nothing other than a written letter voicing your protest and your desire to be eliminated from the film. This may be too late. Personally I would avoid any such venues in the future. There may be fine print in the contract that you did not read and now have no recourse. As Christians we have to be very careful of pitfalls laid in our path by our enemy.

Edited by Littlelambseativy

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved, It Beats Me~!

And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: 2 Peter 2:7-9

Praying~!

Thank you so much for your prayers and for sending me that word! I take comfort in God, and I know that no matter what happens, He is with me throughout everything. I spoke with my father today about the issue, and he said it doesn't mean I am supporting them, I just am appearing in the same video as them, not taking part in their wedding or anything. I am very upset about the ordeal, but I pray for everyone involved that they would come to know God and that this may glorify Him in some way. He will make a way where there seems to be none, in this I truly believe :) 

if you have signed a contract and the filming is done....there may be nothing other than a written letter voicing your protest and your desire to be eliminated from the film. This may be too late. Personally I would avoid any such venues in the future. There may be fine print in the contract that you did not read and now have no recourse. As Christians we have to be very careful of pitfalls laid in our path by our enemy.

I will definitely be avoiding it from now on. Thank you for your response, and may God bless you abundantly <3