• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

1 Romans 5:13

'for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.' 

Well, what do you think of this?  I am thinking of God judging all those nations who didn't have the law.  Not sure what he means by this. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

They were not judged according to the Mosaic Law, but according to the natural law.   Sodom and Gomorrah broke God's natural law and were judged.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Pamela

It is much simpler if perhaps you look at the synonyms fo the word "imputed",,,,,,attribute to, ascribe to, assign to, credit to

Man could not know what a sin was without a law assigned to it,,,,,in other words if you walked across someones lawn everyday it would be perfectly okay in your mind until the sign was posted"Keep off the grass".....................hows that for an analagy? Too simple? I believe that is how simple it is...................To God be the Glory!                                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member

Blessings Pamela

It is much simpler if perhaps you look at the synonyms fo the word "imputed",,,,,,attribute to, ascribe to, assign to, credit to

Man could not know what a sin was without a law assigned to it,,,,,in other words if you walked across someones lawn everyday it would be perfectly okay in your mind until the sign was posted"Keep off the grass".....................hows that for an analagy? Too simple? I believe that is how simple it is...................To God be the Glory!                                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

I guess my point was entirely missed.  I was wondering about those nations God judged who didn't have the law.  If sin is not imputed.... well, they were judged anyway.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Blessings Pamela

I guess my point was entirely missed.  I was wondering about those nations God judged who didn't have the law.  If sin is not imputed.... well, they were judged anyway.  

Can you give an example of such a nation sis ?

• Group:  Senior Member

Blessings Pamela

It is msynonyms fo the word "imputed",,,,,,attribute to, ascribe to, assign to, credit to

Well, the land of Canaan for starters, so the Isrealites could enter.  Just about the entire old testament talks about it.  ?????????????? Good morning?  I dont want to say anything more concerning other scripture because ifeel like I am blasphemin g God or something.  

Blessings Pamela

It is msynonyms fo the word "imputed",,,,,,attribute to, ascribe to, assign to, credit to

Well, the land of Canaan for starters, so the Isrealites could enter.  Just about the entire old testament talks about it.  ?????????????? Good morning?  I dont want to say anything more concerning other scripture because ifeel like I am blasphemin g God or something.  

Good Morning ! :)

I don't think you can blaspheme God by quoting His Word, unless you use it in a context such as to discredit Him or His sovereignty. 

Let's see what some others say about Canaan and examples such as that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

Blessings Pamela

They were judged because every human being has a conscience, and in the absence of the written Law, the conscience serves (Rom 2:14-16).

Blessings Pamela

They were judged because every human being has a conscience, and in the absence of the written Law, the conscience serves (Rom 2:14-16).

Thanks brother ! So conviction ( or conscience ) is a key component ?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

They were not judged according to the Mosaic Law, but according to the natural law.   Sodom and Gomorrah broke God's natural law and were judged.

:emot-heartbeat:

Law

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. Ezekiel 16:49

And Mercy

Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah. Isaiah 1:9