• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

On 28/11/2015, 16:30:57, Tom838 said:

What should I do if I've fallen in love with a jehovas witness but I'm a Christian? Should I pray about it and leave it with God while I may lose her? Idk what to do

If you are a Christian (a child of God) then you have two options: (a) ask the young lady to study the Bible, believe the Gospel, and be truly saved before you go any further (which means renouncing the JWs) or (b) if she is totally committed to her false religion, move on. Scripture is quite clear about the unequal yoke.  Nothing to pray about.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Part of the reason for some of the great advice found above for any Christian in the matter of marriage:

2Co 6:14  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Jehovah's Witnesses with their false doctrine believe Jesus Christ was the archangel Michael before He was born.
On the contrary, He made Michael, and Was never Michael.
They also believe the lie that the Holy Spirit is only an "active power force" and not God...
They also do not believe in the eternity of Hell, or that the world will be made new.
Their false "New World Translation" bible does away with all references to Jesus Christ always being the Son of God...
They believe that the 144,000 mentioned in Revelation refers to them...

The crux of the matter is above as to why the JWs are a cult.
I reach out to them with some regularity with the True Gospel of Jesus Christ!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thanks for all the advice guys, i read a book called "What The Watchtower Society Doesn't Want You To Know" and their teachings are truly dire. They say they have received 'new light' from god which is a way of saying the 'old light' was wrong AKA god was wrong, we all know god is perfect and therefore cannot be wrong. Also the people who created the NWT were not proper scholars, infact only 1 of the people had any education in greek and there is no proof that any of them had an education in hebrew. They claim that only one of the 144,000 can lead the society and is 'anointed' enough to interpret the bible, yet according to them the 144,000 was filled up by 1935 so by their own rules the current leader of the watchtower Don Adams is not anointed and therefore cannot interpret the bible. TALK ABOUT SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

The 144,000, is a topc that changes now and then with the Watchtower, When I was first aware of it, it was the first 144k that were those in the Bible. Then they changed it to the 144k are JWs, but we do not know who they are, some may not evn be born yet. After that, I never kept track of what they thought, the Bible does not change, so neither should doctrine, in any case it proved that they were not tobe intrusted as interpreters, or the prophets that they originally claimed to be. False prophecies, of which they had many, proved them not to be genuine, and to be disregarded.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

This is why I 100% agree with the statement to only court or date and eventually marry true believers.my advice would be to witness to her .state the facts that shes in a cult !.Most JW dont know what they believe in its blind trust. Such as they believe in jesus is a angel not son of god. JW believe their is no hell which is scientifically not true. energy cant be destroyed it has to go somewhere. 1st law of thermodynamics.Your soul is pure energy!Do some research and lead her to Christ if she sticks with her belief then move on! Christ is your master he is above all the people you love in your life!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 11/28/2015, 6:50:06, OneLight said:

When it comes to the matters of love, go to the One who is pure Love, not us.

The Bible says we are not to be unequally yoked.  In other words not be with someone who does not share your faith in Christ.  The JW's are a cult.  I would pray for this girl to understand the truth. the gospel,and to know that asking Jesus into her heart is the only way to Heaven.  There are so many things that are not the truth in that religion.  You really need to  be born again believers and walk in God's truth.  To marry someone that is so far out of your  faith in Jesus would be a huge mistake.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

3 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

The Bible says we are not to be unequally yoked.  In other words not be with someone who does not share your faith in Christ.  The JW's are a cult.  I would pray for this girl to understand the truth. the gospel,and to know that asking Jesus into her heart is the only way to Heaven.  There are so many things that are not the truth in that religion.  You really need to  be born again believers and walk in God's truth.  To marry someone that is so far out of your  faith in Jesus would be a huge mistake.

I am not sure why you quoted me on this question.  If the OP went to God for guidance, don't you think they would get better advice, if not the same, as you just gave?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

14 hours ago, OneLight said:

I am not sure why you quoted me on this question.  If the OP went to God for guidance, don't you think they would get better advice, if not the same, as you just gave?

~

Yes

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/01/1975

Although it has been a little over a month since you wrote this, I applaud you for reaching out on this matter. Afterall, your salvation is of the utmost importance. I do agree with Omegaman 3.0 that as Christians we are supposed to put God first. I know how hard this can be from personal experience as we are human and the desires of our flesh are very strong. I hope that God will bless you with a Christian woman to share your life with if that is his will.

Edited by Kari

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/12/1995

I think you should pray first. Ask God's guidance first. It's not about religion anyway. Maybe you are the one who can bring her more closer to Jesus or maybe in this what you feel is a distraction for you. Always remember,you have to love God more than anything or anyone. Pray to God and He will lead you.

Edited by RidElle