IGNORED

DO WE USE THE BOOK OF ENOCH, AS A BELIEVERS ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

OKAY,  I see  a few people using the references of the book of enoch, and its not part of the books in the bible,

so how does this book play a role in our belief of God, should we use it , or is it not to be used?

is it a book that should have been part of the bible?

I could use some wisdom  on this . for I did not learn about the torah until I asked and did research, so what does a person need to know,

about the book of enoch,    and is it a reliable source to go too ?. thank you in advance,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The book of Enoch is a apocryphal writing.Much of it is false and inaccurate.I guess it is a personal choice.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

It is known to have errors, read at your own risk!

lol

Some say it gives you more understanding of what is not explained in the bible.  I say if its not all truth I don't need it!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It has always been part of the Ethiopian Bible, and several of the early Church Fathers used it and a few even thought it was inspired.  It is referred to in the New Testament.   It was known of by most during the time of Christ for there are fragments of many copies of it among the dead sea scrolls.

So, if you read it you will find some things that are pretty sure translation problems.     There are three separate books, from different places.   Enoch 1 is from the Ethiopian Bible, Enoch 2 is basically the same story from a Slavic origin, and Enoch 3 is from Jewish Mysticism and that one I would not trust for much of anything.....   you'd have to read it to understand.      I think you will find that most of the general complaints about Enoch stems from this third book.

Personally Enoch 1 seems to be pretty accurate to me.

So my take on it is to read the thing for yourself and take what you consider as true and look carefully into the things that might be questionable.   Most people who consider Genesis 6 as speaking of the Sons of God being angels usually give credence to Enoch, and those who believe they were the decedents of Seth usually consider Enoch to be a total fabrication.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Interesting study on the word apocryphal today.  

I have no opinion on the book.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

other one covered the subject well. 1 Enoch can be a valuable source for mature Christians, when discernment is used. Most parts of it are well-attested by the various Ethiopian manuscripts; some parts are vague and/or disputed, and therefore untrustworthy.

Few people know that the last book written in the Bible, Revelation, is also the one that has the most variations among its extant manuscripts; this despite John's curse upon those who would tamper with it. Rev. 22:18-19 Isaiah also has a relatively large amount of variant texts. Satan always does his best to thwart the works of the prophets, of which Enoch was in the very highest tier.

I am not sure there are errors in it, but I don't believe there are books left out of our Bible that should be included, so I don't consider Enoch scripture.  I have read 1 Enoch and 2 Enoch, and I see no problem with reading them.  I wouldn't preach them for doctrine, but would give them the same amount of weight I would any extra-Biblical source.  They could in theory be used for a reference, but no more than you would a quote or something from a book.  You would have to take it with a grain of salt. 

Guest shiloh357
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2015‎ ‎8‎:‎32‎:‎18‎, SINNERSAVED said:

OKAY,  I see  a few people using the references of the book of enoch, and its not part of the books in the bible,

so how does this book play a role in our belief of God, should we use it , or is it not to be used?

is it a book that should have been part of the bible?

I could use some wisdom  on this . for I did not learn about the torah until I asked and did research, so what does a person need to know,

about the book of enoch,    and is it a reliable source to go too ?. thank you in advance,

The book of Enoch has historical value.   As believers, we have 66 books of the Bible and that is all we need.   The fact that only the 66 book of the Bible are the target of the enemy, the fact that skeptics only try to discredit those 66 books tells me that it is the Bible that is all we need.  The enemy doesn't waste time on apocryphal books or pseudographical books.   So I won't waste my time on them either.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

One thing that I wonder, concerning those who are interested in the Book of Enoch, is: "How much of the real Bible, do you have down pat, before you want to go exploring distractions?"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

reading Enoch or Jubliees is no worse than what one is made to read in school or college; they ARE NOT the Bible and DO NOT replace the Bible;  Ive read the Bible twice straight thru  and many of the books in the Bible more than that; I still learned a couple things and got some insight how it was back then from reading these other books.  If a book is mentioned in the Bible it would be better to read than what the liberal education forces one to read. just my opinion not asking anyone to agree with me.