• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I know it doesn't deal directly with marriage, but as a Christian, he is her brother.  You have asked questions that you will find answers to if you read through the thread.  And anyway, as I said before, God is solving this one, and she is far happier now than she was a week ago, so I'm just glad that they are getting a breakthrough.  Rejoicing with those who rejoice :)  

Guest Thallasa
On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎16‎:‎10‎:‎15, simplejeff said:

Don't you think someone struggling and hurting WOULD LIKE TO BE HEALED?   

You didn't ask for my opinion, or man's opinion, or mankind's opinion.

You did ask what does God say - and that's what I posted directly.

When someone is sinning, or considering sinning - what does God say ?  Simple - no.  Don't sin.

IF they are STRUGGLING , then even more-so - no, don't sin.

IF they are HURTING, and WANT ? to be healed, then also still - no, don't sin.

Then do what God says.  That's ALWAYS the case.  It is written - not guesswork, not any man's opinion.

Getting clearer, dear Jeffrey .  You put what needs to be said in a KIND manner .

Guest Thallasa
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎00‎:‎49‎:‎30, *Zion* said:

I know it doesn't deal directly with marriage, but as a Christian, he is her brother.  You have asked questions that you will find answers to if you read through the thread.  And anyway, as I said before, God is solving this one, and she is far happier now than she was a week ago, so I'm just glad that they are getting a breakthrough.  Rejoicing with those who rejoice :)  

Wonderful ,truly  .

Guest Thallasa
On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎53‎:‎40, *Zion* said:

Thanks Gary.

Number 1, she has no issue with his appearance, she didn't marry him for that, so...

Number 2, she repeatedly asks him what is so wrong with her that he treats her the way he does.  He says there's nothing wrong with her and that she is just wonderful.  Notice that he doesn't deny that he does treat her poorly.

Number 3, she is all about the Lord, and then all about him.  I tell her that that there is her problem.  She can't help it though.  She feels selfish if she doesn't think about their life that way.  But I think there is a difference between being selfish and protecting yourself.  If you surround yourself with negativity all day with no escape... is numbing herself to everything the answer?  

Number 4, kids are starting to take after Daddy.  I've seen it with my own eyes.

There might be more to it, there might not.  I'm just relaying what I have seen.

God bless you :)

What a good friend you are .

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2015 at 4:13 AM, *Zion* said:

Be indifferent to emotion.  Transcend emotion... Well now, that's Buddhism :)

Do you think Christ was on earth walking around like some kind of robot?  Do you think He got His disciples to follow Him because He was dazzlingly obnoxious about everyone around Him?  

He Himself was a man of sorrows, and many thought Him afflicted of God.

Again, not helping.  But if you'd like to try again, that's fine by me.

I did ask what God says about this, but not what Jeff says.  Once again, I'm not after technicality, I'm after His truth in His love.

Just saying.

Hi Zion

This is a sad situation. Do they attend church together? Has she talked to her pastor, or his pastor? Maybe their pastor could counsel them? That is one place I would discuss with my husband in this situation. Even if he refuses, going herself might be of benefit.

He might have an illness that needs meds?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366

On 12/1/2015 at 8:12 AM, *Zion* said:

I have a dear friend who is struggling with her marriage.  Her love has been unrequited since very soon after they wed.  That was around 6 years ago, and I myself saw the difference.  She is wondering about these verses, and wants to know if she can divorce her husband on terms of deliberate emotional neglect.  What does God say about this situation?

They have two young kids, and she feels very much isolated and alone.

Here is the portion of scripture.

Matthew 18:15-17:

15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’[a] 17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.

Is her husband Christian? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1973

if she dont want some radical solutions, maybe its time to fight?

1) pray

2) bind

3) wait

Edited by Eha

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Guys thanks for your input, but God has actually resolved this one, please read through and you'll see - to God be the glory :)