• Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 12/7/2015 at 11:36 AM, Pamelasv said:

Do you boast in the Lord? If so, how?

Dear sister Pamelasv,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

·        “Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men's labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly, to preach the gospel in the regions beyond you, and not to boast in another man's line of things made ready to our hand. But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.” (2Corinthians 10.15-17).

·        “My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.” (Psalms 34.2).

·        “But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.” (Psalms 63.11).

·        “The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in him; and all the upright in heart shall glory.” (Psalms 64.10).

·        “In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.” (Isaiah 45.25).

·        “And thou shalt swear, The LORD liveth, in truth, in judgment, and in righteousness; and the nations shall bless themselves in him, and in him shall they glory.” (Jeremiah 4.2).

·        “But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.” (Jeremiah 9.24).

What these passages mean is that Jesus must be our glory, that is, we must identify with Jesus Christ. The important thing is not what people think of us, much less what we think of ourselves, but what Jesus reveals in us to people:

·        “For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.” (1 Corinthians 10.18).

May Jesus grant us the grace of every time anyone looks at us, he sees Him.