• Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

54 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Leonardo Von.

Okay, but you might want to point it out that you're bringing back something from the past just so people can respond to you and TENTATIVELY to older posters.

Do what the Lord leads you to do.

Forgive me, brother, but I don't understand what you said. Can you clarify this, please? After all, I don't want to be banned for this cause.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,567
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

6 minutes ago, Leonardo Von said:

Forgive me, brother, but I don't understand what you said. Can you clarify this, please? After all, I don't want to be banned for this cause.

Shalom, Leonardo Von.

It is okay. You are not going to be banned for posting in an old subject.

Others who post after you may be writing to you, and that is good. That is okay.

Others who post after you may be writing to someone else to whom you are writing. They may not know that this other person was writing YEARS AGO and may or may not write back. Many people do not check the dates on the posts to which they respond. They are thinking it is a RECENT conversation. They are thinking it is a recent conversation because you MADE IT RECENT by bringing it back up. That's all. It just confuses people. It's not wrong or bad, but it is CONFUSING. Do you understand?

So, to keep others from being confused, just mention that you are posting to an old subject. Follow your heart. God is leading you to post to these old subjects; be kind to others by telling them up front that this is an old subject. Okay?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

11 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

Leonardo,

Please return to the PM we have started.  I included the other Servants as you requested.  We are trying to discuss this very issue with you.  There is no reason to fear any of us, and thinking you will be banned shows me that you have allowed the enemy to create some sort of fear in you toward us.  This is not how God works.  We only want to discuss online etiquette and how we apply this here on this site.

God Bless,

Alan

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 12/8/2015 at 7:40 AM, Pamelasv said:

1 Chorinthians 12:28

'And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.' 

I think Paul was trying to say these gifts are greater than tongues because afterward he talks about the Chorinthian church babbling so much in tongues, trying to look super spiritual or something.  

Is there more to this than just to get people to quit showing off, because it says 'God has appointed first' It's not like they have some more authority or something if they have greater gifts ( except apostles and the like)

Perhaps there is absolutely nothing more than that, but I was wondering.  

Well,  unexpectedly,  this comparison came to me after I read the OP :

If someone goes to a doctor's office,   do they prefer one where the results are healing,  (JOYFUL!),

or do they prefer one where they continue needing to return month after month for years , sometimes "all their life" ?

For comparison also,  just realized - notice the ones who advertise the most, or who are promoted the most by government and society ,  are the ones who cannot get the customers by succeeding! (i.e. the worse get the most publicity,  very strange indeed....)....

• Thumbs Up 1

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 3/22/2017 at 4:27 PM, simplejeff said:

Well,  unexpectedly,  this comparison came to me after I read the OP :

If someone goes to a doctor's office,   do they prefer one where the results are healing,  (JOYFUL!),

or do they prefer one where they continue needing to return month after month for years , sometimes "all their life" ?

For comparison also,  just realized - notice the ones who advertise the most, or who are promoted the most by government and society ,  are the ones who cannot get the customers by succeeding! (i.e. the worse get the most publicity,  very strange indeed....)....

Good for review of God's appointment in His body in Scripture, healing,  older threads,  etc etc etc .....