• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Kan said:

So what exactly is God's will for His people today? Or are we not supposed to know?

Same as always... obedience.

How do we know that we're obeying?

Why is Jesus so upset with the last 'church'?

Revelation 3:15  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

21 hours ago, rjp34652 said:

The conflict going on for thousands of years - is a spiritual battle that has devolved from eternity/heaven to the estate of time and space.   In the words of the Bible, the battle lines have moved from heaven to earth.  The battle goes on because eternal immortal creatures are involved in it.  Woe woe woe to those who dwell upon the earth for the war has come upon them.   Like those who suffer from any war, we did not ask for it or desire it.  Yet it is upon us and we are called to duty to serve Christ in His war upon sin.   Our duty is not to ask why, but to ask for wisdom and courage to follow Christ wherever that war may lead us.  (God will not answer prayers that ask why.)

Why are we still on earth?   The purpose of man is, was, and always will be to serve the Lord of the Universe.  If He chooses to place us on earth for a certain amount of time, then that his His prerogative.  Our duty is to follow Him until He decides a different fate for each of us.   

Gaining the victory is not a prepackaged simplistic answer or process.   Sin still has its influence in the world and upon each of us.   Those that deny it are hiding from reality like lost ignorant children.  The task and the duty of all who are called by the name of Christ is to follow Him through each and every battle.  If we follow Him, we will participate in His victory.  If we choose not to do so, we will be ground under the wheels of advancing history and be lost to ourselves and to God.   

The problem is a flaw in logic, which you have pointed out.   Therefore the logic is wrong.   Christ may have gained a victory, but we as individuals have not.   HE has come to give us victory over sin in our lives.    We MUST fight the battle or suffer defeat.  

The cross is not an end to suffering upon earth - it is a call to bear it.

Is there an end to the battle and what is holding it back?

For individuals in all of history, the battle ends when life ends.   For the history of man on earth, it will end when Christ returns.   It will end with the second coming.  Nothing is holding it back.  It will happen in God's good and perfect timing.   It will not happen earlier because a few saints are impatient.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

! THANK YOU !  YES YES YES

He will give us the victory, we need to be tuned into Him, into what He is doing for us. We ought to cooperate through knowledge and faith.

The whole post is just spot on.

13 hours ago, 7thseal said:

Same as always... obedience.

How do we know that we're obeying?

Why is Jesus so upset with the last 'church'?

Revelation 3:15  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I love this post too, 

Can He cause a new obedient heart in us?

How do we cooperate?

On 2/15/2016 at 6:46 AM, Kan said:

How do we cooperate?

Amen,

Philippians 2: 8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

1 Peter 5:. 6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 2/15/2016 at 6:46 AM, Kan said:

How do we cooperate?

:emot-heartbeat:

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8

Love, Your Brother Joe

It's amazing that the most important scenes of earth are about to transpire, and the last lesson to have is humility.

That is as acceptable as Abel's offering.

The battle between good and evil ends on the same platform it began in heaven, the Meekness of our Lord, and the pride of the devil. There is no force in love, but there are sure consequences of character. Evil wears itself out, whereas goodness is peaceful and lasts forever.

The meek will inherit the earth, and the proud will burn like stubble.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

10 minutes ago, Kan said:

The meek will inherit the earth, and the proud will burn like stubble.

When I was a child there were gangs in my school.  I was oblivious because I took no sides.  One day they began an uproar and fought amongst themselves.  I was passing by when one of them noticed me.  He told me that I should leave another way because I had no place in their fight.  Many were hurt that day.  I was not one of them.

11 minutes ago, gdemoss said:

When I was a child there were gangs in my school.  I was oblivious because I took no sides.  One day they began an uproar and fought amongst themselves.  I was passing by when one of them noticed me.  He told me that I should leave another way because I had no place in their fight.  Many were hurt that day.  I was not one of them.

That sounds like a simple story, but in the light of what the world is being set up to do, by the devil and his agents on earth, it is precisely the scenario we are not to be involved in, and to avoid.

I would like to elaborate, but you already know that it has to do with creating discord and wars on earth, to remove peace, and to make people so angry that they will call for a new order. But will that order be right? (if possible to deceive the very elect?) It is a religious thing, because it involves worship of a false Christ, perhaps the 'universal Christ'? - I don't know. "Steer clear" is good advice.

15 hours ago, Kan said:

I would like to elaborate, but you already know that it has to do with creating discord and wars on earth, to remove peace, and to make people so angry that they will call for a new order.

Oh satan is crafty indeed, causing a global problem then bringing in his greatest work (person) to fix it all, who will come in peaceably.

But glory to God that in the end the only Prince of Peace will arrive Jesus Christ! :)

• 4 years later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 12/10/2015 at 10:07 AM, Kan said:

What is this conflict going on, this war for thousands of years?

Why are we still on earth?

Hasn't Christ gained the victory for us, then what is God waiting for?

Is there an end to the battle, and what is holding it back?

The conflict is spiritual. It is between evil spirits and the good spirits. We can be tools for good or evil. Of course, evil and good both want us to go where they are or will be. This is what makes us so special in the eyes of God. Jesus gave us tools that we have to choose to use to fight evil and work for good.