• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

On 1/19/2016 at 1:01 AM, Kan said:

So there is no special message from God to our generation? 

If you were living before the flood, how would you know whether Noah's preaching was the gospel of salvation or not?

Would you have said "I am already fully immersed in God, the conditions for salvation have always been the same" "there will be no flood, that's not the gospel?

How do you know that you are following God today? How do you know what He has said in regard to the signs of our times? How do you know for certain who has been on God's side throughout the last 1900 years? Can you trace a line to you today? Is there a historical connection between the believers in the days of the apostles and now?

Can you prove if there are people who are God's chosen ones, or are they indistinguishable? 

Is there Biblical evidence of God's leading or does the main prescription in John 3:16 suffice for all today without any specific signals to anyone, or from the Bible?

Kan there is no new revelation when it comes to teachings, doctrines.   The apostles were promised all truth would be revealed to them, and it was or Jesus is a liar.

Any new "message" that adds to the teachings that have been handed down are a different gospel.

That said, there are special messages from God all the time for specific circumstances and purposes.   But there is no new teaching.

And then, when you are talking about such special messages - words of knowledge, prophecy, etc, one must beware for even satan can come as an angel of light.   Many run after manifestations they think are from God and little do they know they are running around playing in a field satan prepared for them to keep them distracted.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/19/1975

1 hour ago, Kan said:

That's pretty much it, and by the way, I don't have that luxury of 'church' building, congregation or otherwise.

fine, let me answer from my perspective, pentecostal perspective. 

you wrote:   It is an approach, unknown to them, which leads to the summoning of the occult /demons

my saying: you worried too much. GOD is more concern about your faith, your approach, their unknown approach, then your awareness to defend yourself.

GOD loves you so much. HE will protect you. If suddenly you see demon then what ? just tell the demon you are out of this place :D ... i mean even the most traditional christian teach you how to rebuke the devil ... lol... use JESUS name, standard practice.

Think yourself in demon shoes. how to convince Mr A that speaking in tongue is wrong ? very simply: during Mr A your worship session, just let the demon appear, so Mr A think he summons demons.

did bible say devil is deceptive ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

Kan there is no new revelation when it comes to teachings, doctrines.   The apostles were promised all truth would be revealed to them, and it was or Jesus is a liar.

Any new "message" that adds to the teachings that have been handed down are a different gospel.

That said, there are special messages from God all the time for specific circumstances and purposes.   But there is no new teaching.

And then, when you are talking about such special messages - words of knowledge, prophecy, etc, one must beware for even satan can come as an angel of light.   Many run after manifestations they think are from God and little do they know they are running around playing in a field satan prepared for them to keep them distracted.

That's right. The remnant have the same fabric as the original.

That's why I asked if there are any connections with the apostolic truth.

There are several churches which claim to be in line with the apostles, even naming themselves the "Apostolic Church" and so forth, the RCC claims to have a Papal lineage from Peter, but we know that unless they are in line with the doctrines that were taught in the first Christian assemblies, then they cannot be the remnant church of Revelation 12.

We have "The Church of God," "The Church of Christ," "The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints," "Jehovah's Witnesses," "The Assembly of God" and so forth, hundreds of organisations naming themselves after what seems to be a claim, an entitlement, to the true church of God.

It's interesting that the reformation churches were named by the people of the world, very similar as the first Christians, which were named as "followers of Christ."

We had the Lutherans - followers of Luther's teachings, Calvinists, Methodists - named after a means of Christian living, Baptists - named after Baptism, and so forth. These organisations did not initially claim to be the remnant or the church of God, in general - even though bigotry crept in with apostasy within these churches, but they followed the truth as presented to them at the time, whether it was the doctrine of free salvation, baptism or whatever. And the world persecuted them for it.

The truth was almost utterly removed from the world by the dragon in the dark ages as foretold by Paul, but it began to shine out of the darkness, getting brighter each year, and intentionally being the brightest in the last church or remnant - the remainder of the true church of God, a church which would reflect the original. Truth would be restored after the great "falling away" of the dark ages, the "abomination of desolation" will be completely overcome by the last church.

Jesus said that Daniel speaks about these issues. If we read the story of Daniel's life in captivity, under two successive world empires, it becomes very plain what the last church will face, and what all of God's people have faced since Abel, and how they won through loyalty to God.

The battle between good and evil is about loyalty to God or Satan. But loyalty to God has to come through a transformation of character. "Make the tree good and it will bear good fruit."

22 hours ago, de1929 said:

you wrote:   It is an approach, unknown to them, which leads to the summoning of the occult /demons

my saying: you worried too much. GOD is more concern about your faith, your approach, their unknown approach, then your awareness to defend yourself.

GOD loves you so much. HE will protect you. If suddenly you see demon then what ? just tell the demon you are out of this place :D ... i mean even the most traditional christian teach you how to rebuke the devil ... lol... use JESUS name, standard practice.

Think yourself in demon shoes. how to convince Mr A that speaking in tongue is wrong ? very simply: during Mr A your worship session, just let the demon appear, so Mr A think he summons demons.

Back to the point you made earlier, it is so true, that unless we are progressive with the revelation of truth for our time we are left behind. It is what you called continuationism.

We can see from the reformation how the people of God accepted what was revealed to them from the Bible. They continued in the truth and followed Christ out of darkness. So we today, ought to be careful not to be satisfied with only what we know, and be prepared to listen to what God has for us today.

Jesus said "If you continue in my word, you are my disciples."

We expect that the former days of apostolic virtue will be restored to the people of God in the last days. A primitive, but effective gospel.

As Littleflower said, it can't be a new gospel of any sort. Paul said that anyone claiming to have a different gospel than what he preached - let him be damned. 

The last appeal to the world through the message of Revelation 14, is the everlasting gospel, there is only one gospel. But Gospel comes with a warning appropriate with the will of God for the time. The Mark of the beast was not a warning in the days of the apostles, but it is today. This is what I mean about God's signs for the truth, He always gives signs to His people, to prepare them. He organised the faithful Christians in His day to avoid the destruction of Jerusalem, in the most unusual way.

God has a connection with His people today through specific evidence, and He wants them to know about it.

The last book in the Bible makes it clear that the battle between good and evil on earth, comes to a climax with the seal of God in the foreheads of His servants, and the mark of the beast in the forehead or the hand of the wicked. This is the separation of the world into two distinct groups, the wicked and the righteous.

But it isn't that simple at all, even though it is a simple test, which the world will have to face, because the tendencies to ignore God will in that day, not vanish away, and the person will make decisions according to the habits of thinking and living - the developed character in life.

We cannot and will not reform over night. This is why God has provided something special for the believers before that testing time, which is so important to know now.

What preparations has God made for the last generation?

Here is where the fallen churches of the world fall silent, because they have absolutely nothing to offer, they know nothing of what God has given. 

Why? because they have refused the truth for over 130 years, through bigotry and slander, and teaching lies.

The danger of being ignorant through a lack of interest in truth, is that truth will be withheld from the indolent. 

Jesus said "To him who has, more will be given, but to him who has not, even that which he has will be taken away."

The world and its religious systems is in the dark and they don't know it, in fact they will protest against any such suggestion. But they are worshiping Satan, and don't know it.

The answer we would expect to find in the very first chapter of the Bible. It's very simple and yet totally missed. How is that possible? Has God cut the eyes out of the already blind?

What sign did God say will be between Him and His people for ever? What is the mark of God, as opposed to the mark of the beast?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,870
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 1/20/2016 at 6:03 AM, de1929 said:

Just read Chapter 13.....    I'll paraphrase it for you....    "I'm going to throw you under the bus.....    but I'll make it up to you later..."

If you are Christian today, what connection do you have with God? What sign has He given His church that sets you apart from everyone else in the world?

In order to be on the winning side in the battle between Christ and Satan, you will need a sure sign and connection with heaven.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 12/10/2015 at 4:07 AM, Kan said:

What is this conflict going on, this war for thousands of years?

Why are we still on earth?

Hasn't Christ gained the victory for us, then what is God waiting for?

Is there an end to the battle, and what is holding it back?

1 Choices

2 For God's will to be done in our lives.

3 Choices...  2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

4 Revelation: 8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

6 hours ago, 7thseal said:

1 Choices

2 For God's will to be done in our lives.

3 Choices...  2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

4 Revelation: 8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

So what exactly is God's will for His people today? Or are we not supposed to know?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On December 10, 2015 at 5:07 AM, Kan said:

What is this conflict going on, this war for thousands of years?

Why are we still on earth?

Hasn't Christ gained the victory for us, then what is God waiting for?

Is there an end to the battle, and what is holding it back?

The conflict going on for thousands of years - is a spiritual battle that has devolved from eternity/heaven to the estate of time and space.   In the words of the Bible, the battle lines have moved from heaven to earth.  The battle goes on because eternal immortal creatures are involved in it.  Woe woe woe to those who dwell upon the earth for the war has come upon them.   Like those who suffer from any war, we did not ask for it or desire it.  Yet it is upon us and we are called to duty to serve Christ in His war upon sin.   Our duty is not to ask why, but to ask for wisdom and courage to follow Christ wherever that war may lead us.  (God will not answer prayers that ask why.)

Why are we still on earth?   The purpose of man is, was, and always will be to serve the Lord of the Universe.  If He chooses to place us on earth for a certain amount of time, then that his His prerogative.  Our duty is to follow Him until He decides a different fate for each of us.   

Gaining the victory is not a prepackaged simplistic answer or process.   Sin still has its influence in the world and upon each of us.   Those that deny it are hiding from reality like lost ignorant children.  The task and the duty of all who are called by the name of Christ is to follow Him through each and every battle.  If we follow Him, we will participate in His victory.  If we choose not to do so, we will be ground under the wheels of advancing history and be lost to ourselves and to God.   

The problem is a flaw in logic, which you have pointed out.   Therefore the logic is wrong.   Christ may have gained a victory, but we as individuals have not.   HE has come to give us victory over sin in our lives.    We MUST fight the battle or suffer defeat.  

The cross is not an end to suffering upon earth - it is a call to bear it.

Is there an end to the battle and what is holding it back?

For individuals in all of history, the battle ends when life ends.   For the history of man on earth, it will end when Christ returns.   It will end with the second coming.  Nothing is holding it back.  It will happen in God's good and perfect timing.   It will not happen earlier because a few saints are impatient.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...