• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, other one said:

according to Paul, we are to judge the angels.

So then, in order to become judges, we must have a certain experience and knowledge of the principles involved in this battle?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, Kan said:

So then, in order to become judges, we must have a certain experience and knowledge of the principles involved in this battle?

and since God is a fair and just God, he created us unable to tell good from evil, so we were not really qualified to do so...   It was Satan himself that talked Eve into eating the fruit and she gave it to Adam...   Thus instilling the difference between good and evil and thus giving mankind the qualifications for a person to judge the angels.....  I find that fascinating...

12 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Yahweh calls and chooses as He pleases.   Doesn't matter what we know.

Rev 10. The mystery of God should be finished...

Mark 4:11 It is given us from Christ to know these mysteries.

Romans 11:25 we should not be ignorant of this mystery of God.

Roman 16:25 the mystery has been revealed (but not yet lived by all of the saints combined)

! Cor 4:1 we are responsible to be in the care of this mystery

Eph 1:9 the preaching of the gospel is about making known the mystery.

Eph 3:9 it cannot happen without the fellowship of the saints - (we all need to know it together and from/with each other, according as the Lord has distributed the knowledge among the saints.)

! Tim 3:16, God revealed in man, through the indwelling Christ by faith.

According to the Bible, we ought to know the issues at stake in the great battle.

14 minutes ago, other one said:

and since God is a fair and just God, he created us unable to tell good from evil, so we were not really qualified to do so...   It was Satan himself that talked Eve into eating the fruit and she gave it to Adam...   Thus instilling the difference between good and evil and thus giving mankind the qualifications for a person to judge the angels.....  I find that fascinating...

I thought it was when they ate the fruit, that they were disqualified to judge, and not the other way around?

While they now would have seen the evil side (to some extent not realized until many painful years later) But yes, the gospel would enable them to be judges one day, praise God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Kan said:

So if the battle is between God and Satan, what have we to do with it?

Why do we have to be in the picture?

The battle is between God and Satan as well as between Satan and humanity. The reason we have to be in the picture is because Adam and Eve whose disobedience was over obedience at the instigation of Satan.

7 minutes ago, Ezra said:

The battle is between God and Satan as well as between Satan and humanity. The reason we have to be in the picture is because Adam and Eve whose disobedience over obedience at the instigation of Satan.

True, the devil's problem became ours, and because of Christ, He made our problem His.

What was Satan's original problem? What was his case or rebellion about?

11 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

1 Corinthians 4:1Amplified Bible (AMP)

Servants of Christ

So then, let us [who minister] be regarded as servants of Christ and stewards (trustees, administrators) of the mysteries of God [that He chooses to reveal].

------------------------------------------

Romans 11:25Amplified Bible (AMP)

25 I do not want you, believers, to be unaware of this mystery [God’s previously hidden plan]—so that you will not be wise in your own opinion—

First 2 examples I looked up are above ....  It's not the meaning , I think, that you think from the following quote of your post.

etc, probably.   i.e. Yahweh doesn't call nor choose anyone, for anything,  based on what they know,  and I don't think any Scripture says nor implies that.

Rather, Yahweh's Ways are as HIGH above man's ways as heaven is above the earth, and totally different:   as Yahshua says to those He chooses.... >> 

"Matthew 10:20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your ...

biblehub.com/matthew/10-20.htm

For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. Berean Study Bible "

The only way someone is not wise in their own opinions is to "know the mystery." 

You are suggesting that God knows it and that we would only know what He reveals - which in your opinion is practically nothing, but that is not what Jesus said about understanding the mystery of God.

We have to know it, because it is the essence and purpose of the gospel.

The original text says "not be ignorant of" that is slightly different than "not be aware of."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

3 hours ago, Kan said:

Ok, the human race has fallen onto Satan's side, through sin.

What was the issue before we fell into it? Answer - the sin/rebellion of Satan. Why was the battle not finished then - that is in heaven where it began?

What was Satan's issue with God?

This assumes the battle began in heaven dear brother.  I do not believe it did. I believe the fall of man was Satans sin.

5 hours ago, gdemoss said:

This assumes the battle began in heaven dear brother.  I do not believe it did. I believe the fall of man was Satans sin.

I have never heard that before, but I'll consider it and look for it, if you can show me a text or two, please do.

If this was the case then the beginning of Satan's fall was to cause the demise of human beings. If he was to cause others to fall, would he not have been in sin before that?

6 hours ago, Davida said:

This is as I understand it. Lucifer /Satan sinned against GOD. He became puffed up, prideful and vain he to rebelled against GOD's Sovereignty and planned to exalt himself in the LORD GOD's place to be worshipped. He convinced 1/3 of the angels to fight with him. There was a war in heaven. Our Heavenly Father is called the LORD of Hosts (Armies)  The HOST of GOD almighty won this battle &  Lucifer & his armies were tossed out of the 3rd heaven by  Archangel Michael. There are other references to him in Ezekial 28 that he became a profane thing because of sin. Jesus also said there was murder & a liar in his heart from the beginning.

John8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Isaiah14:12-15 "

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit."

Thankyou Davida for that comprehensive answer.

So we can say from those texts, that Satan had fostered pride, became ambitious, sought to murder and lied. He also coveted or lusted as Jesus said, and started a war.

He must have tried to force his way around to attempt to get the throne.

He took with him a third of the angels - that is a massive walkout on God.

How could he have done that?

Does anyone have any idea what he proposed to the hosts of angels, in order to start such a rebellion which eventuated in war?