• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

33 minutes ago, Kan said:

I have never heard that before, but I'll consider it and look for it, if you can show me a text or two, please do.

If this was the case then the beginning of Satan's fall was to cause the demise of human beings. If he was to cause others to fall, would he not have been in sin before that?

He would have been Sin, bearing that name, because he was the first. The one spoken of to Cain when God said Sin wanted to have dominion over him.

The timing of the war in heaven is debatable in my mind so I don't hold to a position of Satan being kicked out of heaven permanently from the beginning as some others do.

There is a reason Christ had to ascend and begin to rule and reign.  We war against principalities and powers, rulers of darkness in high places and who am I to say that those high places are not in heaven?  The prince (image) of the power of the air as it is written of him also.  The god of this world.  What is the image of the power of the air?  Is it not lightening?  Did he not fall like lightening to the ground?  

There is much written about him and his devices in scripture. The gifts and calling of God are without repentance.  Satan was a very gifted angel. He even has the ability to enter into people as he did Judas.

I am still learning.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, Kan said:

I thought it was when they ate the fruit, that they were disqualified to judge, and not the other way around?

While they now would have seen the evil side (to some extent not realized until many painful years later) But yes, the gospel would enable them to be judges one day, praise God.

how could they judge if they didn't know good from evil... 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, other one said:

I think this is the a point of reasoning... in the eternity of past before God created-> evil did not exist so judgment
was not necessary or the structure of its exist. It is written
Tit 1:15
15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving
is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
KJV

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, other one said:

7 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I think this is the a point of reasoning... in the eternity of past before God created-> evil did not exist so judgment
was not necessary or the structure of its exist. It is written
Tit 1:15
15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving
is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
KJV

That's it. 

Remember the devil told Eve that if she ate the fruit then she would "know good and evil" but God had already told them what was good and evil, so they already knew enough to make a judgement about it, otherwise they could not have been guilty of sinning.

Jesus never sinned and had a clear understanding of what was good and what was evil, as a man He was a capable judge of heaven and the earth in all matters concerning men and angels. It follows that righteousness, rather than sin, gives the gift of judgement.

The serpent told a lie about judgement. Sin blinds its victims, and so eating of the forbidden tree, caused Adam and Eve to go into denial "The woman made me do it"- "the serpent made me do it." They could not admit responsibility or reality. They hid themselves from their loving Father. That is not a sign of sanity. They covered themselves with fig leaves - that is another sign of poor judgement.

10 hours ago, gdemoss said:

He would have been Sin, bearing that name, because he was the first. The one spoken of to Cain when God said Sin wanted to have dominion over him.

The timing of the war in heaven is debatable in my mind so I don't hold to a position of Satan being kicked out of heaven permanently from the beginning as some others do.

There is a reason Christ had to ascend and begin to rule and reign.  We war against principalities and powers, rulers of darkness in high places and who am I to say that those high places are not in heaven?  The prince (image) of the power of the air as it is written of him also.  The god of this world.  What is the image of the power of the air?  Is it not lightening?  Did he not fall like lightening to the ground?  

There is much written about him and his devices in scripture. The gifts and calling of God are without repentance.  Satan was a very gifted angel. He even has the ability to enter into people as he did Judas.

I am still learning.

The devil is the "prince of this world" and power of the air - which is another way of saying he is powerless, as Paul said I fight, but not as one who beats the air... we are dealing with principalities and powers, rather than the flesh. Wickedness in high places is something Paul says we deal with, so it is speaking of earthly powers, corruption in rule, not just politics, but nearly all human relationships where inequality raises its ugly head. 

As for the power of lightning, there is no doubt that he and his hosts play with the elements of nature to cause havoc and destruction. See Job 1:16, 19, people thought that fire was raining down from God, See Rev 13:13. and a great wind which tore down a house (made of stone in those days) and killed all the occupants. 

17 minutes ago, Kan said:

That's it. 

Remember the devil told Eve that if she ate the fruit then she would "know good and evil" but God had already told them what was good and evil, so they already knew enough to make a judgement about it, otherwise they could not have been guilty of sinning.

Jesus never sinned and had a clear understanding of what was good and what was evil, as a man He was a capable judge of heaven and the earth in all matters concerning men and angels. It follows that righteousness, rather than sin, gives the gift of judgement.

The serpent told a lie about judgement. Sin blinds its victims, and so eating of the forbidden tree, caused Adam and Eve to go into denial "The woman made me do it"- "the serpent made me do it." They could not admit responsibility or reality. They hid themselves from their loving Father. That is not a sign of sanity. They covered themselves with fig leaves - that is another sign of poor judgement.

i totally disagree with your assessment of thier actions.  The fact that they realized they were naked should show that they had gained something after eating the fruit....   hiding is simply a normal response....   passing on the reasoning behind the act is an acknowledgment of knowing it was evil.

2 minutes ago, other one said:

i totally disagree with your assessment of thier actions.

I can accept that, and it is all related to our subject, but what arguments did Satan use with the angels to get a rebellion going? 

Are his words to Eve a reflection of his overall sentiments in heaven? If so what are they? What did Satan insinuate about God that caused a massive disaffection?

We should be able to know this by the themes found in the battle between good and evil on earth, as recorded in the circumstances presented in Biblical accounts.

5 minutes ago, Kan said:

I can accept that, and it is all related to our subject, but what arguments did Satan use with the angels to get a rebellion going? 

Are his words to Eve a reflection of his overall sentiments in heaven? If so what are they? What did Satan insinuate about God that caused a massive disaffection?

We should be able to know this by the themes found in the battle between good and evil on earth, as recorded in the circumstances presented in Biblical accounts.

I know you would not accept my views on that subject....    you would not approve of thier origin....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

18 hours ago, Kan said:

True, the devil's problem became ours, and because of Christ, He made our problem His.

What was Satan's original problem? What was his case or rebellion about?

Pride. 

12 hours ago, other one said:

I know you would not accept my views on that subject....    you would not approve of their origin....

I'm glad you know me. I'm sure you understood me to say that I don't agree with you, but that I accept that you have a different view, and therefor accept you.