Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

We know that there will be a global time of testing, or perhaps more accurately, a global time of temptation.

• Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.  Revelation 3:10

Essentially, it will test people's beliefs by offering everyone an opportunity to demonstrate who they worship.  It will make known those who are doers of the word and not hearers only.  It will reveal those who have walked in the truth of verses such as:

• Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.  The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.  1 John 2:15-17
  • Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.  Romans 12:1-2
  • Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.  For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it." Matthew 16:24-25

Living these truths, along with others, are what we as believers should be striving after regardless.  If we have been, then we will fare well whether we go through the great tribulation or not.  The issue I have with putting forth the pre-trib rapture as absolute truth is the complacency it tends to foster and the confusion that will arise in such a distressing time should it fail.  This is why I say that teaching only the pre-trib view is irresponsible.  People should understand the possibility of having to go through the great tribulation.  Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.  It's simply the most prudent approach.

Anyway, as I see it, the time of testing will reveal who loves God and who loves the things of this world.  Any other takes on the time of testing or how best to be alert and ready?

• Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.  Revelation 3:10.

This verse tells us that because we are the Church, that we will be saved from this "testing." That means that the Church will not be present, due to the Rapture, which will take place prior to the "hour." This is a proof verse for the pre-Trib Rapture to us who take Scripture literally and in context and believe in it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Last Daze,

I think we have a few years left before Dan. 70th week, & as food becomes not only very dear but very scarce, the motives of our heart will continue to be refined. Another thought also `where are you going to `judge the world & (fallen) angels from? - in the trib, or from the court of heaven?` (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3 & Dan. 7: 26)

Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

1 hour ago, Rick_Parker said:
  • Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.  Revelation 3:10.

This verse tells us that because we are the Church, that we will be saved from this "testing." That means that the Church will not be present, due to the Rapture, which will take place prior to the "hour." This is a proof verse for the pre-Trib Rapture to us who take Scripture literally and in context and believe in it.

There is nothing in this vs. that suggests the "hour of testing" is the tribulation, and for sure nothing in that vs. suggests the pre-trib rapture. If the pre-trib rapture takes all the Christians out of this world, tell me what the purpose is to test sinners?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

yes I also believe that was a assumption on rick to think ,this is what it means, you have pulled this to make it say what it is not saying, assumptions are not accurate scripture, and this is why many take the pre-trib to be scriptural , when if you look at matthew 24, jesus says after the tribulation, he is coming, and it is not a secret?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Days Won:  2

I do not think anyone of you have really looked into this verse.

Last Daze quote: 

We know that there will be a global time of testing, or perhaps more accurately, a global time of temptation.

• Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.  Revelation 3:10

I will keep you from the hour of testing.  The testing which will happen to all who dwell on the earth.

This testing affects only those who live on this earth.  Yet, I will keep you from this hour of testing.

So how does one be tested; they must dwell on the earth.  How can one be not tested; they cannot be on this earth.

Simple; So Rick_Parker, his statement is correct.

And another thing, this is Prophecy, Future.  So the Church cannot be part of this event.  The Church has been tested since Pentecost.

In Christ

Montana Marv

2 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

Last Daze quote: 

I will keep you from the hour of testing.  The testing which will happen to all who dwell on the earth.

This testing affects only those who live on this earth.  Yet, I will keep you from this hour of testing.

So how does one be tested; they must dwell on the earth.  How can one be not tested; they cannot be on this earth.

And another thing, this is Prophecy, Future.  So the Church cannot be part of this event.  The Church has been tested since Pentecost.

In Christ

Montana Marv

then how do you justify, that we will have tribulation and we will be killed for the name sake, matthew 24, this is from now until the return of Jesus , just read the fifth seal , it tells you people are still going through there time of faith , but he who endures until the end shall be saved, its all over revelation to the seven churches also.

1 minute ago, SINNERSAVED said:

then how do you justify, that we will have tribulation and we will be killed for the name sake, matthew 24, this is from now until the return of Jesus , just read the fifth seal , it tells you people are still going through there time of faith , but he who endures until the end shall be saved, its all over revelation to the seven churches also.

and to add to what I said here above, do you think you get a get out of tribulation free pass, do you not know the cost of following Jesus ? it is not for some and others are exempt, we all will have some type of tribulation, and testing , come our way, this is scriptural, please do not let any man deceive you , Jesus said,

the time of testing ? when is that time, ?what signifies the actual time of testing ? are we all in agreement when this takes place,?

for we are going to have tribulation, this is biblical, but we are not subject to the wrath of God,

so could the time of testing ,be at the time of the wrath  ?which starts after the tribulation,

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

28 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

Last Daze quote: 

In Christ

Montana Marv

Yes, Rev. 3:10 spells it out pretty clearly.