• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/01/1975

Thanks everyone for your responses:) I think it is worthwhile to have a serious but respectful discussion about this!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

21 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I have just as much respect also, I am no better. however, I have no respect for the sin itself. Sure, I am curious, or have I stolen you thunder?

I don't have any thunder, but I pop a pretty good bubble-wrap. ;)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,062
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2015 at 8:01 PM, Kari said:

Our society does not give sex the right level of importance. Not having sex outside of marriage seems so counter cultural and foreign. I am so dissapointed that people, some who even call themselves christians reject people  who decide to keep sex solely for marriage.

They don't know what the cleaness of soul is... they have defined life other than God's perfect design.
After all what does God know :blink: 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎15 at 6:50 PM, Kari said:

Hello Aussiebanana,
I don't know if you are born again and gave your heart to Jesus?
If so,you would want to do what He wants you to do..
This is what the Bible says about sex and marriage. hope it will help you to make some good decisions in your life?

1 Corinthians 7:1-40 ESv

Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. ...

Hebrews 13:4 ESV

Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

Exodus 22:16 ESV

“If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride-price for her and make her his wife.

Ephesians 5:5 ESv

For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Genesis 2:24 ESV

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

1 Thessalonians 4:1-18 ESV

Finally, then, brothers, we ask and urge you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God, just as you are doing, that you do so more and more. For you know what instructions we gave you through the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God; ...

1 Corinthians 6:18-20 

Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Ephesians 5:1-33 ESV

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints. Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. ...

Matthew 5:27-28 ESV

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Jude 1:7 ESV

Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

John 14:15 ESV

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

1 Timothy 4:12 ESV

Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.

Ephesians 4:22 ESV

To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires,

1 Corinthians 6:18 ESV

Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

Matthew 15:19 ESV

For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander.

Galatians 5:19 ESV

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,

Malachi 2:14-16 ESV

But you say, “Why does he not?” Because the Lord was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant. Did he not make them one, with a portion of the Spirit in their union? And what was the one God seeking? Godly offspring. So guard yourselves in your spirit, and let none of you be faithless to the wife of your youth. “For the man who does not love his wife but divorces her, says the Lord, the God of Israel, covers his garment with violence, says the Lord of hosts. So guard yourselves in your spirit, and do not be faithless.”

Exodus 22:16-17 ESV

“If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride-price for her and make her his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride-price for virgins.

Mark 10:6-9 ESV

But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Colossians 3:1-25 ESV

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

Acts 15:20 ESV /

But should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.

1 Corinthians 6:15 ESV

Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

In the post above, there is a reference to one Aussiebananna. I deleted the post Aussiebananna made, because it advocated both sexual sin idolotry.

If you see this Aussiebananna, I am sorry I had to do that. You are of course entitled to your thoughts and opinions. However, there are limitations to what we can allow you to say here. To your credit, I acknowledge that you have a good value, in placing a high value on family.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I believe that each person has to make up this deicision for themselves. I met my wife online back in the days when online relationships were considered 'weird'. Two dates later, I moved in with her, and we stayed together for 3 yrs than got married. Did we engage in intimacy during that time? Yes, but we were both in our 30s and I know I had found the one. I was homeless living in a van in san diego so what was she going to do just come over to visit me down by the beach and let me sleep tehrre. By Gods grace she invited me into her heart and home and weve been together now for 7 years.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/02/1987

Thank you all for talking about this topic, not many (even pastors) talk about such topics these days which are very essential to lead a Godly life. I'm so thankful to God for protecting me even when i had chances. I would've had definitely failed without HIM. HE protected me. I want to be truthful to my future wife whoever God gives. Thank you all. God bless.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

When God created Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, He made one man for one woman, and did not include an second male or female. This proves to us that God created only one man for one woman and vice versa, just as He created one destiny for each human being. It is easier said than done because the instigator of sex before marriage is the enemy, and cannot be combated with physical weapons, but with spiritual weapons. This is the key reason Apostle Paul mentioned: If you cannot refrain from premarital sex, then it is better to get married to a person of the opposite sex. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 9:01 PM, Kari said:

Our society does not give sex the right level of importance. Not having sex outside of marriage seems so counter cultural and foreign. I am so dissapointed that people, some who even call themselves christians reject people  who decide to keep sex solely for marriage.

Kari, thank you for posting this extremely relevant issue.

I read a Harvard University report that said 80% of Americans will contract at least 1 sexually transmitted infection in their life.(Same rate in Canada;Europe has extremely high STI rates too.)

The US CDC says 110 million Americans have an STD at any given time.(Other reports I have read say it is much,much more than 110 million Americans).

I feel that the Church must tell the youth and everyone else for that matter, just how high the STD rate is, because too many Christians are "fooling around" and think that they will just ask for forgiveness later. Yes Jesus will forgive, but the health consequences can be lifelong.

I am going get quite frank here because the Church is not informing our children.

Just "fooling around/first base/2nd base" has caused thousands of Americans/Canadians/Britons to acquire incurable -lifelong- herpes simplex  infection of the fingers.

The liberal lie of "safe sex" by using condoms is brainwashing Christian families into actually believing that sex before marriage can be medically safe, even  if morally wrong.

Sex before marriage can never be medically safe.

Any type of sex/fooling around before marriage can lead to a whole range of STIs.

Please tell our youth that 8 out of 10 people in society will get a STD - many have multiple STI's.

Point this out to pastors and Sunday school teachers. We have got to do our part to protect the Church.

In this post-modern age our youth must be told the truth about general society. Society is very sick.

Edited by rontiger
correction: changed 80percent ``have`` to ``will contract``;though report I read said 80% have STI because it included herpes simplex 2 in saliva

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, rontiger said:

Kari, thank you for posting this extremely relevant issue.

I read a Harvard University report that said 80% of Americans will contract at least 1 sexually transmitted infection in their life.(Same rate in Canada;Europe has extremely high STI rates too.)

The US CDC says 110 million Americans have an STD at any given time.(Other reports I have read say it is much,much more than 110 million Americans).

I feel that the Church must tell the youth and everyone else for that matter, just how high the STD rate is, because too many Christians are "fooling around" and think that they will just ask for forgiveness later. Yes Jesus will forgive, but the health consequences can be lifelong.

I am going get quite frank here because the Church is not informing our children.

Just "fooling around/first base/2nd base" has caused thousands of Americans/Canadians/Britons to acquire incurable -lifelong- herpes simplex  infection of the fingers.

The liberal lie of "safe sex" by using condoms is brainwashing Christian families into actually believing that sex before marriage can be medically safe, even  if morally wrong.

Sex before marriage can never be medically safe.

Any type of sex/fooling around before marriage can lead to a whole range of STIs.

Please tell our youth that 8 out of 10 people in society will get a STD - many have multiple STI's.

Point this out to pastors and Sunday school teachers. We have got to do our part to protect the Church.

In this post-modern age our youth must be told the truth about general society. Society is very sick.

They just came out recently, like last month, saying that Gonorrhea has changed and  may be incurable soon, if not already.