Esther4:14

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

In scripture, we see various representations of what repentance looks like.  There is David song of repentance in Psalm 51.  There is Ezekiel's commission to lay on His side for the sin of Israel (Ezekiel 4).  We see various kings become king and remove the idols of the land, sometimes removing the high places too, in repentance for their idolatry.  My favorite is the account of King Josiah who tears his clothes when he finds out what the law says they should be doing (2 Kings 22). 

Some people were loud like Gideon.  Some people were quiet like Hosea.  But, they all illustrate that repentance, looks like, obedience.  That when we repent is more than a mere show trying to prove to someone that you are sorry.  God says, ""For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD." (Isaiah 55:8).  Therefore, to repent, is to obey. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,015
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

What Scripture reveals about repentance is that we are awakened to the fact that what we are and what the world is
-is anti God- taking in God's Word frames a faith that says we can discard ourselves and the world we have began in
and receive That Which God will keep for all of eternity with Himself.... it is in this pin pointed reality of value that we
exchange the direction of the whole entire world with the direction of His Word and we are born into a reality that has
always been and will always be God's Truth revealed in His Son objectively for all to see in hope formed from faith...
Repentance is turning from that which we were to that which we shall be
1 Jn 3:2-3
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be:
but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
KJV

It is a burning desire of the heart to be like Jesus...
Love, Steven

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On December 16, 2015 at 5:12 AM, Esther4:14 said:

Some people were loud like Gideon.  Some people were quiet like Hosea.  But, they all illustrate that repentance, looks like, obedience.  That when we repent is more than a mere show trying to prove to someone that you are sorry.  God says, ""For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD." (Isaiah 55:8).  Therefore, to repent, is to obey. 

Amen !

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1973

repent - WHEN you understand, that you did something wrong

1  ask for forgiveness from Father

2 confess (if yours heart dont get peace)

3 dont do it anymore (remove idols or stop yelling on yours child.. what ever)

that is how Father did explain me repent.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

What does repentance look like? Pretty ugly and daunting sometimes. It always nice to be healed though, just don't like the injections.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1957

On 12/16/2015 at 6:12 AM, Esther4:14 said:

In scripture, we see various representations of what repentance looks like.  There is David song of repentance in Psalm 51.  There is Ezekiel's commission to lay on His side for the sin of Israel (Ezekiel 4).  We see various kings become king and remove the idols of the land, sometimes removing the high places too, in repentance for their idolatry.  My favorite is the account of King Josiah who tears his clothes when he finds out what the law says they should be doing (2 Kings 22). 

To me best representation of repentance is Tears that fall, at the thought(s) one has of offending(sin) God. Tears falling for offending the Lord whom they Love. Lots of good examples use Gateway and search tears. To me, Its is God's way of cleaning the inside up till the cup runs over and tears come forth. We are supposed to Love God with all our Hearts, Mind, and Soul..... if we offend one we Love, we hurt inside and ask forgiveness. Yes, we should obedience to his will is needed, but it seems that God would have us obey out of our Love for him. An example: I can make a dog to obey me, but I cant make a dog Love me. I wrote a thread on what I thought true repentance was ... you might enjoy it......   God Bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

Repentance is more than saying we are sorry.   It is abhorrence for our sins with the intent to turn from our sin and amend our ways and acting upon it bringing forth fruits worthy of repentance.

• Matthew  3:8  Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Obedience for sure and what is wonderful about repentance is having the place for it at all. The love of God that has shown mercy that we would have the opportunity to repent. Without mercy, no place of repentance. And I fully agree, obey.

The Ezra, Nehemiah, Haggai, Zechariah time line is my favorite repentance revival themed story.

Ezra 9:9-10 "For we are slaves; yet in our bondage, our God has not forsaken us, but has extended lovingkindness to us in the sight of the kings of Persia, to give us reviving to raise up the house of our God, to restore its ruins, and to give us a wall in Juda and Jerusalem.  And now, our God, what shall we say after this? For we have forsaken thy commandments..........

As the woman caught in adultery was told by Jesus, "Go and sin no more."

We serve a loving God, merciful and kind.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Yes I agree. When we truly repent of a sin we have to stop doing it. Too many people think you just have to be sorry you did it. As an older man and one who has been a Christian some 34 yrs or so I realize some sins can take decades to finally stop doing them. But that is always the goal of repenting for a sin. We have to give it up.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

I describe it as turning away from the following the desires of the flesh (sin) and turning to follow God. you can't serve two masters you turn away from one to serve the other.