IGNORED

I believe I heard God speaking to me......

MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

No, I was fully awake and thirsty.  I was sitting on the edge of my bed and groping for my slippers when it started.  So I sat there and tried to figure out where that phrase was coming from. 

It's hard to know  -  pray for understanding - fast even.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

No, I was fully awake and thirsty.  I was sitting on the edge of my bed and groping for my slippers when it started.  So I sat there and tried to figure out where that phrase was coming from. 

Jesus was telling you; Do I have water for you. 

Definately it a guidance from God, he is telling you that he is the one, who is having the living water to satisfied your thirst. Cause that what you long for, he has the water that will quench your thirst, the people you have been trying to draw water from, they leave you still thirsty, but wait for him he has come in your life with spiritual gifts to make you thirsty, and also to give you the water that will quench your thirst. That's is a very special visit from Jesus to you, you heard this guidance within you, and that's how he is going to guide you from within.

Mery Christmas, and Happy New Year. 

Jesus definately has played Santa Clause to you this Christmas. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50

Yes, twice I have experienced this. Once, I was awake and getting out of my car and totally not thinking of anything,. I heard in my mind audibly, so that I turned to see who had spoken, I am alive. I was staggered, had to lean against my car. I almost fell. I kept looking around to see where He was. It shook me to my core. I wondered if everyone in the world heard it. I have since learned that someone else here on this board heard this exact thing at some point in his life.  This strengthened me through some future trials.

I heard a softer, quieter voice another time. The night my son died. I'll not reveal the details except to say that that one event has given me an assurance all these years, that I will see my son again and that all is well in the universe. It was a comfort beyond understanding.

There are many things we don't understand.

On 23 December, 2015 at 0:23 AM, B3L13v3R said:

Sis, while I like the verses Butero brought up on hoping in God,
I don't have any Scriptural reference to God speaking repetitively in this fashion:

In the past, I've had the enemy repeating words over and over, sometimes even a few of God's Words at times.

As an example, I was witnessing quite extensively to a Roman Catholic priest one time, pointing him away from many of the RCC errors such as transubstantiation, second mediators, praying to saints, repetitious prayers to Mary with prayer beads, (rosary) prayers to the dead, etc, and pointing him to what the Word had to say concerning the same.
In the end, he seemed set in his man made religious ways and pointed me to the teachings of the founder of the Jesuits, Ignatius Loyola.

For several nights afterwards, I had an a voice in my mind go on for a few nights stating over and over "John 3:16, John 3:16, John 3:16" waking me at 3:16am.
I told the thing to go in the name of Jesus Christ, and away it went and I went back to sleep.
This went on for several nights at the exact same time, 3:16am, and in this case, I know it was the enemy.
A younger one in the Lord would have likely been swayed to listen to this demonic thing, convincing them this visit came from god, and the RCC with it's extra biblical teachings was of the Lord.

That being said, yes, I have heard the Lord encouraging me on occasion in my mind with Words, Words that I can equally find in His Word, and had His Spirit leading me many times over the years.

Jonh3:16, I wish I had the devil, waking me up at 3:16 am, and telling me connect to Jonh 3:16, I don't know if I take it as a wake up call, and looking what I need to wake up to, and change my way of thinking, about something.

Or if my perception about something may need to be redirected.

Should I Bring it to Jesus? Should I ask him for his guidance in this matter?

Who would not like me, to brink this matter to Jesus. 

Is it the same situation as in the churches, in the book of revelation, where Jesus was not recognize by the churches, and he said I knock on the door on their hart, and they don't know it is me.

Just now, Your closest friendnt said:

Jonh3:16, I wish I had the devil, waking me up at 3:16 am, and telling me connect to Jonh 3:16, I don't know if I take it as a wake up call, and looking what I need to wake up to, and change my way of thinking, about something.

Or if my perception about something may need to be redirected.

Should I Bring it to Jesus? Should I ask him for his guidance in this matter?

Who would not like me, to brink this matter to Jesus. 

Is it the same situation as in the churches, in the book of revelation, where Jesus was not recognize by the churches, and he said I knock on the door on their hart, and they don't know it is me.

Remember the incident in Acts, when a demon possessed girl was following Paul and others  proclaiming they had the way of salvation.

Did Paul accept this?

No.  He was annoyed and cast out the demon:

• 16It happened that as we were going to the place of prayer, a slave-girl having a spirit of divination met us, who was bringing her masters much profit by fortune-telling.17Following after Paul and us, she kept crying out, saying, "These men are bond-servants of the Most High God, who are proclaiming to you the way of salvation." 18She continued doing this for many days. But Paul was greatly annoyed, and turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her!" And it came out at that very moment.
  • Acts 16:17

1 hour ago, thereselittleflower said:

Remember the incident in Acts, when a demon possessed girl was following Paul and others  proclaiming they had the way of salvation.

Did Paul accept this?

• 16It happened that as we were going to the place of prayer, a slave-girl having a spirit of divination met us, who was bringing her masters much profit by fortune-telling.17Following after Paul and us, she kept crying out, saying, "These men are bond-servants of the Most High God, who are proclaiming to you the way of salvation." 18She continued doing this for many days. But Paul was greatly annoyed, and turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her!" And it came out at that very moment.

Hi dear sister, merry Christmas to you and to your family.

That event with Paul certainly has a lot of interesting view points, which I don't want to ignore. 

But going back to Jonh 3:16, there is something there that Jesus and the disciples has repeated more than a few times, that is; to believe in Jesus is to have the eternal life, because Jesus is the eternal life. 

That happens when someone who has heard the message is invited to believe in any situation he is, and in any state of mind he is, and thus to believe does not required a sound mind in the perfect state, but with any state of mind any one is invited to believed. That's why we give the Gospel even to crazy people, who understand the concept of heaven and Hell, and even after believing Jesus as the Savior, they stil remain crazy, is not right to say that because they still remain crazy that they have really not believed, then we judge Jesus that he did not make them sane, or the people who pray for them. 

The same thing a believer of any kind of doctrinal denomination, he does not belong to Jesus, because of the doctrinal teachings and the domination they follow, but only because of their faith in Jesus. 

This is the message in Jonh 3:16, that is not correct to judge anyone by the doctrine of their denomination, and that we may do, but if they believe in Jesus Christ they belong to him, we are not suppose to judge faith in Jesus Christ. Because he is perfect and we are not.

Paule he did not know that at the time when he rebuked the spirit from that girl that he was in the perfect will of God.  If not how else he will complete his mission to meet the Maccedonian man in his vision if he does not go to his jail, bound in chains, and God performing the miracle, that his power shook the place,  and the chains of all prisoners fall and all the cell doors were open, but only those with the faith of Jesus went out of their cells.

That's how the Lord Jesus witness to the Warden what happen in the underworld when Jesus for three days was there preaching the good news,   

The Warden (the Maccedonian man), he must heard the witness of the  divination spirit in the girl, and certainly that was the truth, and not only the girl but many who follow must have believed. 

You know that the girl has not chosen the spirit, but the spirit had choose the girl and both the girl and the spirit belong to the same owners. 

The girl must have welcome the Good news Paul was saying, about how Jesus whom the priest had crucified had died for the forgiveness of our sins and how he was raised from the dead and how God gave him a heavenly inheritance, not only for him, but for anyone who believed in him. 

Paul also talk how Jesus was freeing people who were captives to deferent evil spirits and demons and she must have been wondering that if Jesus was there if he would free her from that spirit, because she lived to served the spirit, she was three times captive, ones to her owners, second to the spirit and of course she new about the captivity of the devil, or Hades when people die. 

I am sure anyone in her place after hearing Paul, and having the witness of the divination spirit, they would long to be free. From all their captors. 

Jesus never went to the a city looking for demons or evil processed people and casting their demons out as a form of demonstrating  his power, Paul was also of the same mind.

The Holy Spirit must have moved Paul to rebuke the spirit from the girl,

Note everything from the ocult  Is not a demon. 

The spirit was giving messages to the girl from within, and the girl had to follow, the same way the Holy Spirit is giving us guidance from within, what is then "the word of knowledge", or the word of prophecy, and the word of the spiritual gifts of the Holy Spirit. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

3 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

Did Paul accept this?

Interesting point.  I am wondering, is it because she was drawing attention to the "bond-servants" and so taking attention away from the preaching about Jesus?  Why did Paul allow the spirit to stay for many days, until he became annoyed?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

11 hours ago, traveller said:

Yes, twice I have experienced this. Once, I was awake and getting out of my car and totally not thinking of anything,. I heard in my mind audibly, so that I turned to see who had spoken, I am alive. I was staggered, had to lean against my car. I almost fell. I kept looking around to see where He was. It shook me to my core. I wondered if everyone in the world heard it. I have since learned that someone else here on this board heard this exact thing at some point in his life.  This strengthened me through some future trials.

I heard a softer, quieter voice another time. The night my son died. I'll not reveal the details except to say that that one event has given me an assurance all these years, that I will see my son again and that all is well in the universe. It was a comfort beyond understanding.

There are many things we don't understand.

I can't imagine the pain ... However the witness you give is very powerful 'the peace that passes all understanding' ! 
A blessing into the heart...

2 hours ago, hmbld said:

Interesting point.  I am wondering, is it because she was drawing attention to the "bond-servants" and so taking attention away from the preaching about Jesus?  Why did Paul allow the spirit to stay for many days, until he became annoyed?

If Paul had accepted her testimony, he would have been endorsing the words of the demon which would have strengthened the demon's power over people, which would have been evil.

One does not do evil that good may come of it.

Guest shiloh357
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2015 at 5:38 PM, Butero said:

Have you looked up the words "hope thou in me" in a concordance to see how they may apply?  Perhaps you would find answers there?  For instance, here is something interesting from the Psalms. 

Why art thou cast down, O my soul?  and why art thou disquieted in me?  hope thou in God:  for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.  Psalm 42:5

Why art thou cast down, O my soul?  and why art thou disquieted within me?  hope thou in God:  for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.  Psalm 42:11

Why art thou cast down, O my soul?  and why art thou disquieted within me?  hope in God:  for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.  Psalm 43:5

I found it interesting that this was repeated, almost the same 3 times in those two Psalms, and in each case, the Psalmist is saying that his soul is disquieted and he is feeling that his soul has been cast down.  His advise seems to be to give praise unto God and says that will lead to health of his countenance.  This wasn't spoken to me, so I don't know if this applies in any way to you, but there are different places where there are scriptures that could apply to what you heard.  Perhaps one of them would mean something to you personally? 

Those are interesting verses, because David is using shepherding a shepherding term in each.   The phrase, "cast down"  in shepherding refers to a sheep who has lost its footing.  When sheep lay down it is not uncommon for them to be unable to get back on their feet.  They need someone to come and pick them up to get them back on their feet.