IGNORED

I believe I heard God speaking to me......

MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Well this has never happened to me before.  I awoke from a sound sleep last night, I guess about 12:30, which would technically be this morning, with these words repeating over and over in my head.  The words were " hope thou in Me".  It was like a recording playing over and over.  At first I couldn't figure out what was going on; I was awake, not dreaming.  After I thought about it for a bit I realized it was the Lord telling me this.  I DO place all hope in Him so maybe He was just reminding me to continue?  So I thought "cool" and got up, got a drink of water and went back to sleep.  I woke up in a good mood too.  Have any of you ever experienced anything like this?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I have woke up quite a number of times from a state of being taught of the Lord in my sleep.  As I regained conscious awareness it was both awesome and strange.  It happened most when I was alone in bed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

it doesn't happen as often as it used to, but I used to wake up praying for people....    It was usually something urgent so I have always considered they needed that prayer for some danger...   Sometimes it's in English and sometimes it is not.....    and when it's not sometimes I know what it's about and sometimes not.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

8 hours ago, gdemoss said:

I have woke up quite a number of times from a state of being taught of the Lord in my sleep.  As I regained conscious awareness it was both awesome and strange.  It happened most when I was alone in bed.

Was it actual spoken words?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

13 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Well this has never happened to me before.  I awoke from a sound sleep last night, I guess about 12:30, which would technically be this morning, with these words repeating over and over in my head.  The words were " hope thou in Me".  It was like a recording playing over and over.  At first I couldn't figure out what was going on; I was awake, not dreaming.  After I thought about it for a bit I realized it was the Lord telling me this.  I DO place all hope in Him so maybe He was just reminding me to continue?  So I thought "cool" and got up, got a drink of water and went back to sleep.  I woke up in a good mood too.  Have any of you ever experienced anything like this?

Either God is preparing you for something or you were in a dream state and it was your own mind.   It's going to be difficult to know which it is for now.     

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,069
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I don't know why God would verbally speak this to your mind when He has said hope cometh by hearing and
hearing by The Word of God but certainly the subjective nature leaves me unable to try the s (S) pirit because
it all hinges on whether or not is was God Who was talking...  and how can it be tested by The Word of God
written with so little proclaimed :noidea: but the result peace and back to sleep is good :D  Love, Steven

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.36
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

My testamony (which I won't share here) involves God speaking aloud to a person in an ER.  The doctors and nurses also heard the voice.  When I heard this man's testamony (me being an unbeliever), my ears burned and I was frozen in place.  He wasn't even talking to me and I was 20 feet away or more.  So if you believe you heard an audible voice, I believe it's entirely possible.

16 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I have had what I would call a very clear intrusive thought. Not really a voice, but a thought. Both times this happened I was fully awake and thinking intently on something. I was actually taking a theology course, and sitting around the table with other members of the class when this happened to me. As I say intrusive I mean it was something that I was surprised by. 

The first time this happened I immediately thought, that can't be God. He would not tell me that. But at the same time I knew it could not have come from my own mind because I was so shocked, I knew I would not have thought like that. Sure enough a few days later sitting in church, I knew from the sermon what it was about. One scripture verse was loud and clear for an answer, to what God meant.

The second time was during my class. Again it was a clear intrusive thought. Definately something I was surprised by. By the time I was driving home I understood the answer to.

Both times they were thoughts of correcting me on certain things. Hence the surprise.

The first time this verse was the answer. Be quick to hear, slow to speak. LOL, I was running at the mouth.

The second time , The thought: do not call unclean that which I have made clean. I was very ANTI-CATHOLIC.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

19 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

:thumbsup:

Hope (For Sure~!)

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. Jeremiah 17:14

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Sis, while I like the verses Butero brought up on hoping in God,
I don't have any Scriptural reference to God speaking repetitively in this fashion:

On 12/22/2015 at 0:29 AM, MorningGlory said:

these words repeating over and over in my head.  The words were " hope thou in Me".  It was like a recording playing over and over. 

In the past, I've had the enemy repeating words over and over, sometimes even a few of God's Words at times.

As an example, I was witnessing quite extensively to a Roman Catholic priest one time, pointing him away from many of the RCC errors such as transubstantiation, second mediators, praying to saints, repetitious prayers to Mary with prayer beads, (rosary) prayers to the dead, etc, and pointing him to what the Word had to say concerning the same.
In the end, he seemed set in his man made religious ways and pointed me to the teachings of the founder of the Jesuits, Ignatius Loyola.

For several nights afterwards, I had an a voice in my mind go on for a few nights stating over and over "John 3:16, John 3:16, John 3:16" waking me at 3:16am.
I told the thing to go in the name of Jesus Christ, and away it went and I went back to sleep.
This went on for several nights at the exact same time, 3:16am, and in this case, I know it was the enemy.
A younger one in the Lord would have likely been swayed to listen to this demonic thing, convincing them this visit came from god, and the RCC with it's extra biblical teachings was of the Lord.

That being said, yes, I have heard the Lord encouraging me on occasion in my mind with Words, Words that I can equally find in His Word, and had His Spirit leading me many times over the years.