• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

24 minutes ago, other one said:

CNN

CNN is one of the dying dinosaurs of corporate broadcasting. Very few people watch it. And far fewer Christians.

I think we can safely scratch that one.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10

1 hour ago, thereselittleflower said:

Why are people engaging in such disputes?   

• But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless" Titus 3:9
  • But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.   2 Timothy 2:23

2 Tim. 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

We are here to discuss the meaning and import of the Scriptures, of which this topic examines one. It will only become disputatious if people want to make it so. Let's nip that in the bud, please.

33 minutes ago, Ezra said:
  59 minutes ago, ENOCH2010 said:

The first resurrection and the second coming are the same event says the Bible Rev. 20

33 minutes ago, Ezra said:

They are not the same event, so please dig a little deeper.

Don'tworryaboutit. Just tell us from your own pre- or mid- (does that still exist?) or post-trib understanding what this verse implies to you. And be prepared for rebuttals to why your belief might not work, like CNN does not work.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

William, the scriptures do not explain how.   Discussing this has indeed led to disputes in the 3rd, 4th, 7th and 9th posts thus far.  

I really have nothing more to say on this matter.  I am going to follow the advice of the scripture I quoted and bow out.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

It seems important to understand what is meant by "every eye". Is this every eye at the time he was pierced, or every eye from that point forward to the future, or every eye since the beginning of creation?

Within the same statement/verse, it also says "...and they also which pierced him". As funny as the CNN response was, it would be a bit difficult for those who pierced him to view this on CNN or even television for that matter.  

Rev 1:7 KJV - Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Edited by mevosper
? to a .

3 hours ago, mevosper said:

It seems important to understand what is meant by "every eye". Is this every eye at the time he was pierced, or every eye from that point forward to the future, or every eye since the beginning of creation?

Within the same statement/verse, it also says "...and they also which pierced him". As funny as the CNN response was, it would be a bit difficult for those who pierced him to view this on CNN or even television for that matter.  

Rev 1:7 KJV - Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

According to this verse, those who pierced him will include the living, apparently in the sense of their continued rejection of Jesus as their Messiah up until they see him:

Zech 12:10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.

However, these verses certainly imply that those among the dead who literally pierced him will also see him:

Matt 26:63 And the high priest answered and said to Him, “I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!” 64 Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Agree?

• Followers:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, other one said:

CNN

One must be in viewing distance, those on earth.  Christ will return as He went up.  Those who pierced Him was Israel

Yet, this will be the most glorious event ever.  The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords returning to earth as Prophesied. And if this is the case maybe ALL from Adam and Eve and all throughout history whether Believers or Unbelievers, Righteous or Unrighteous , Angels, Fallen or those still in Heaven.  All Creation.  The rocks will cry out.  Just a thought.  They ALL will see the 2nd Coming.

It will not be broadcast.  No power with the two great earthquakes.  People are all in fear.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

There is nothing that has led me astray more in my understanding than to strain to understand from a desire to know.  Truth be told I am going to have to wait for the Lord to open up my understanding before I know.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

20 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

One must be in viewing distance, those on earth.  Christ will return as He went up.  Those who pierced Him was Israel

Yet, this will be the most glorious event ever.  The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords returning to earth as Prophesied. And if this is the case maybe ALL from Adam and Eve and all throughout history whether Believers or Unbelievers, Righteous or Unrighteous , Angels, Fallen or those still in Heaven.  All Creation.  The rocks will cry out.  Just a thought.  They ALL will see the 2nd Coming.

It will not be broadcast.  No power with the two great earthquakes.  People are all in fear.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Actually that was a feeble attempt at humor......    it would make me feel a little better to see at least one little happy face...

• Followers:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, other one said:

Actually that was a feeble attempt at humor......    it would make me feel a little better to see at least one little happy face...

No humor attended. I have never posted extras do dads.

In Christ

Montana Marv

11 hours ago, other one said:

8RNc4xw.gif