Have you ever hit a wall ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

In my life? Yes... that wall has come crashing down on me once again. In my walk? My faith is not shaken.

Edited to add: I think I'll just stay away from walls from now on. ;)

Edited by seraph

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

23 minutes ago, walla299 said:

FYI: Broken link for the pic. 

But....I'm LOOKING at the pic right there in my post!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

ive ran into a few...can be quite painful....but typically, in the end, they are walls, how quickly I get back up all depends on how fast I hit the wall.....lol. Now, that may sound silly, but theres wisdom to be gained, the same principles apply in life, we all "hit walls" in life, where it feels like we can't go forward. Sometimes, we hit it because we are barreling through life without really paying attention where we are going, sometimes God puts it up for a reason. Either way, how fast we get back up from hitting that wall, and moving past, is in every case, directly connected to how much we are willing to slow down and let God take control. :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

9 hours ago, AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken said:

...in your life, walk, etc. ? We all know God and His Word is there ( and the Holy Spirit ) , just asking ? I have...

Hi ATGNAT,

Yes. Walls are important. They let you know that, as bopeep said that God is the Rock at the bottom. It is a wonderful wake up call to address something in our life - expectations, fears, misplaced trust, etc etc. We learn to `let go,` & `let God be God,` & not the `Holy Spirit`s little helper,` if you know what I mean.

Wonderful, revealing of our limited, humanness, & our great need of our Saviour, in ALL areas of our lives. But of course we reckon we are going fine in such & such but then the layers get peeled away, or the wall hits us, & hopefully we become wonderfully more dependent on our blessed Saviour.

So appreciate the walls, the valleys, the difficult times for they help us to address our frailties & cling closer to our precious Lord.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks everyone.

The walls vary with each of us I guess, depending on our individuality in Christ. Mine has come late in life, surprisingly. It may be a dry season, or simply my own failure to listen as ya'll have suggested ( which I am truly grateful for the input ).

For those who asked for something more specific, it seems that my " growth " is stunted. I rejoice in where I am, and will wait on the LORD, but feel that I have been exactly where I am for quite some time. I figure it's my own fault and will pray about it. 

Again, thank you all for the concern and responses. That alone has given me inspiration to seek what I am lacking. :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, about four years ago, and I left the faith entirely. No more prayers, church, Bible, became an utter skeptic as it relates to Jesus, etc. At first it was jarring, and then over time, I settled into this atheist/agnostic lifestyle, and life was so flat. But, I never really knew how to venture back. Just a few months ago, I felt the Holy Spirit come into my life, and all that flatness instantly disappeared. I can honestly say, Jesus is alive, and He wants us to live our very best lives. It takes effort to live in this world, but Jesus told His followers that they are not of this world. Consider this a time to read more of the Bible, pray more, maybe keep a reflection diary and make it somewhat fun, for lack of a better word. This too shall pass. :)

Edited by *Deidre*

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken said:

For those who asked for something more specific, it seems that my " growth " is stunted.

If you take the analogy of the human body, growth requires (1) proper exercise, (2) good nutrition and (3) sufficient rest, as well as a commitment to balance all three. If you take the analogy of a tree or shrub, it takes pruning also.  A word to the wise is sufficient.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

20 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

But....I'm LOOKING at the pic right there in my post!

That's because it's in your cache - but for the rest of us, it's broken

20 hours ago, *Deidre* said:

Yes, about four years ago, and I left the faith entirely. No more prayers, church, Bible, became an utter skeptic as it relates to Jesus, etc. At first it was jarring, and then over time, I settled into this atheist/agnostic lifestyle, and life was so flat. But, I never really knew how to venture back. Just a few months ago, I felt the Holy Spirit come into my life, and all that flatness instantly disappeared. I can honestly say, Jesus is alive, and He wants us to live our very best lives. It takes effort to live in this world, but Jesus told His followers that they are not of this world. Consider this a time to read more of the Bible, pray more, maybe keep a reflection diary and make it somewhat fun, for lack of a better word. This too shall pass. :)

Amen.

On December 26, 2015 at 5:04 PM, walla299 said:

You might want to expand on what you're looking for here. Dry seasons happen to everyone, and so do other less easily definable things.

Hit a wall? Yeah, been there, done that. Slammed straight into a wall for about 13 years and could do nothing about it -- failed every time I tried to actively do anything to get out of the situation. Why? Not a clue.

Isn't that a conundrum ?

It's not a matter of faith, but a matter of growth sir. I want to move forward at some pace, but I realize there are time that my failings hinder His Spirit. I must be there at this point.