• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

On December 27, 2015 at 2:07 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi ATGNAT,

Yes. Walls are important. They let you know that, as bopeep said that God is the Rock at the bottom. It is a wonderful wake up call to address something in our life - expectations, fears, misplaced trust, etc etc. We learn to `let go,` & `let God be God,` & not the `Holy Spirit`s little helper,` if you know what I mean.

Wonderful, revealing of our limited, humanness, & our great need of our Saviour, in ALL areas of our lives. But of course we reckon we are going fine in such & such but then the layers get peeled away, or the wall hits us, & hopefully we become wonderfully more dependent on our blessed Saviour.

So appreciate the walls, the valleys, the difficult times for they help us to address our frailties & cling closer to our precious Lord.

Marilyn.

Amen , and I do ! Just looking inward.

• Group:  Diamond Member

20 hours ago, Ezra said:

If you take the analogy of the human body, growth requires (1) proper exercise, (2) good nutrition and (3) sufficient rest, as well as a commitment to balance all three. If you take the analogy of a tree or shrub, it takes pruning also.  A word to the wise is sufficient.

Thanks brother. It takes all that you are, amen ?

• Group:  Diamond Member

On December 27, 2015 at 0:15 AM, the_patriot2015 said:

ive ran into a few...can be quite painful....but typically, in the end, they are walls, how quickly I get back up all depends on how fast I hit the wall.....lol. Now, that may sound silly, but theres wisdom to be gained, the same principles apply in life, we all "hit walls" in life, where it feels like we can't go forward. Sometimes, we hit it because we are barreling through life without really paying attention where we are going, sometimes God puts it up for a reason. Either way, how fast we get back up from hitting that wall, and moving past, is in every case, directly connected to how much we are willing to slow down and let God take control. :D

Pat, love you bro. I need to focus, but as you know that can be hard at times. I give God the glory and control. Great advice ! :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

You seem very grown and whole to me, Abe.  Maybe God is looking at how much you want to grow in Him, or surrender to Him (every area of our lives must be wholly surrendered to Him).  We all are under His microscope, and we should all want to grow.  May He grant the desires of your heart, and bless you abundantly.  Something tells me if you push through with Him, you'll find a huge blessing waiting on the other side.  Hope you let us in on how it all plays out, I'm watching this space, as I kinda feel like I'm going through the same thing.  

Bless you always, bro xx

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03

Even in the most eventful lives of people in the Bible and Godly people not recorded in scripture before, during and since the scriptures were written... these experiences took place over the course of a lifetime in each of these people's lives. Even the first 30 years of Jesus' life the Bible only mentions when he was born, at about age two and about age twelve.

IMHO I would expect there is much hitting of the proverbial wall in people's spiritual walk and especially in the rest of their lives.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03

I think it is incumbent upon the Spirit-filled believer to be able to recognize the prompting of the Holy Spirit and to obey his prompting. The parable of the Good Samaritan, for example. "Spiritual" people passed the victim by for practical reasons... it could have been a trap, they were late for work, the money they would have spent on the guy they didn't have to spend as the rent was due or taxes, or in the case of the priest perhaps he had a duty to perform and could not risk being ceremonially unclean (in those days the rotation of priestly duties might have made that one performance their only opportunity to do so in their lifetime as there were many Levitical priests in that day note Zechariah the Father of John the Baptist priestly duties were on this rotation (Luke 1:8).

The Good Samaritan was not only inconvenienced, but he took risks. The victim could have been bait for a trap set by his assailants. The money it took to lodge the victim until healed could have cost him dearly (we all need the money, after all). God is not impressed with how spiritual we seem to be when our mission is to grow in Christ and to spread the Gospel to every creature under heaven. Spirituality, prayer meetings, praise-a-thons, Church attendance (while absolutely necessary and blessed) are not the emphasis for our remaining here on earth after we are saved (convert). Think of the grief God would spare himself and others down here if he'd just rapture us out individually upon our coming to faith in Jesus Christ.

Hitting walls is the norm. Not hitting them the exception. Be of good cheer and know this too shall pass.

Post Script:

I write this as one who really used to chastise myself for not doing something "spiritual" with every breath and every effort. There was a time for me to focus just on the scriptures, but then came the time to put what I had learned into practice to affect the world for Christ through my daily living as well as invoking the spiritual things I had learned.

There are times when doing so can actually drive a potential believer away from the Gospel. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Hitting the proverbial wall for me usually means that God has told me many, many times repeatedly about something I need to learn but I keep rejecting it.  I am usually trying to walk in a much higher plane but not finishing the foundational work necessary to be at the new level I desire.  Henceforth I plateau until I get it.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On 12/26/2015 at 3:28 PM, AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken said:

...in your life, walk, etc. ? We all know God and His Word is there ( and the Holy Spirit ) , just asking ? I have...

in both spiritually and physically I have hit walls.....    and when I finally got down to asking God why he has almost always told me so I would pay more attention.    

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 minutes ago, other one said:

in both spiritually and physically I have hit walls.....    and when I finally got down to asking God why he has almost always told me so I would pay more attention.    

Yes oo.Sometimes God really wants to get our attention.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

4 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

Yes oo.Sometimes God really wants to get our attention.

:)  I've had him yell at me more than once.