IGNORED

If you could rewrite the Bible what would you change?

Tanner Brody

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

8 minutes ago, the_patriot2015 said:

you can facepalm all you want, the information ezra pointed out is just as true today as it was when that book was written. You cant change history.

Amen Brother. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

The best way, and the way the scholars used, to determine the "scripture" status of an individual letter or book, is how well it meshes and agrees with the other books.  The 66 books we know as the bible are in PERFECT harmony, with no contradictions, no variances.   The apocrypha and the deutero canonical books do not meet this criteria, they are disharmonious in one degree or another and by this disharmoney have shown themselves NOT to be scripture. 

Are they interesting sure. Can you give them the weight of authority of Scripture  absolutely not. Should you adjust your life to aling with these books, absolutely not.

Again...God has chosen what is in the bible, and what is not.

Actually, my pastor says it is the opposite. Because the books are NOT in perfect harmony, we know they were not all written by the same author, hence we know they are real. Look at the NT. The book of Matthew and Luke vary considerably. One of the most famous lines "God why have you forsaken me?" is recorded in Mark 15:34 and in none of the other books. This is what makes the scripture so special, it has different viewpoints. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

There are differences in writing style because of the different earthly authors Brody which also speaks to their authenticity, so your pastor is right, but they're also in perfect harmony in that there are no errors or contradictions in them, they flow perfectly together in that regard because of the one inspired author behind all of them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

11 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

Where did the Septuagint come from?

The Septuagint was commissioned for the Alexandrian Library. They requested (or as legend says forced), 70 or 72 Rabbis to translate the  books of Moses from Hebrew to Greek. Additional books from the Prophets were translated by the Rabbis. Since the Septuagint was not canon scripture non-biblical books were added over time.

Guest Butero
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2015 at 6:57 PM, Tanner Brody said:

I had a dream last night in which an angel appeared and told me "They are confused. Use your prose to unite them." When I awoke I thought deeply about this and realized what he's saying. There exists so much confusion today on the meaning of the bible (Catholic, Mormon, Jehavohs Witness, Seven Day Adventists, etc.. all interpret the scriptures differently). I would probably make changes to a few verses so it would be more clear, my first choice...

The Lord is speaking to Abraham in this story where God commands him to sacrifice his son:

‘Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt-offering on one of the mountains that I shall show you.’ (Genesis 22:2)

This reminds me of the final scene in the Omen (1976) where the father stabs his son on the alter. Even if God intervens at the last minute, don't you think that child is going to be scarred emotionally for the rest of his life? I know if my dad tried to kill me and then stopped at the last minute tellng me God changed his mind I'd run far away in case it ever happens again.

Second choice...

In this verse, Samuel, one of the early leaders of Israel, orders genocide against a neighbouring people:

“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

This goes back to my early questions about why women and children had to die in Daniel 16:24.  Why kill all the innocents too? I would make it clear in the rewriting that slavery is wrong, killing gay people is wrong, and adjust other things so that they can't be taken out of context. Any book that has been transcribed over and over through 2000 years something may get lost (even the meanings of word has changed since then) so I believe the angel had a good point.  

If you could pick just one or two scriptures (old or new testement) in the bible and change it, which would you choose?

You can't change that which is perfect.  God's ways are not man's ways.  In our minds, sometimes we have difficulty understanding why God did this or that, and we think within ourselves we wouldn't behave in that fashion, but who are we?  We are but clay.  We are but his creation.  I wouldn't change anything in the Bible.