Spock

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I know Rome is probably the most popular answer, but what about Mecca? I've read a few books and articles on the web lately that seem to be hot over an Islamic Antichrist and Beast Kingdom. Mecca and Mahdi are huge from this perspective.

Rev 17:: 3Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. (The word wilderness is actually desert or desolate place.). Rome is not a desolate place, is it? Rome is not in the desert. But Mecca is.

V. 6: then I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus. (Muslims kill Christians all the time.)

16The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. (Even the Muslim nations hate Saudi Arabia for being a whore with Western nations and will turn on it at the end.)

Could "wine" mean "oil"?

Anyhow, I'm not feeling Mecca as a player, but just wondering what you are thinking.

Spock out

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  4,031
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

No. It's not Mecca or Rome, though they both are antichrist in spirit.

The eighth goeth into destruction....

If you want much much more details to support Mecca as being the prostitute that rides the beast, this might interest you....

http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/mystery-babylon-is-mecca-not-vatican/

I am going to read that slower and more thoroughly but the one thing I noticed- I saw only one reference to the OT prophets in that entire article. That was from Jeremiah 17. There was a brief mention form Daniel but not prophetic.

This article cited Roosevelt, WW2 people, etc and of course Rev 17-18, but no OT prophets- the word of God!!!!!

I would rather listen to God's voice rather than mans voice concerning prophecy.

This is my initial thought. Now I will read it slower and get back on the content. Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Spock said:

I am going to read that slower and more thoroughly but the one thing I noticed- I saw only one reference to the OT prophets in that entire article. That was from Jeremiah 17. There was a brief mention form Daniel but not prophetic.

This article cited Roosevelt, WW2 people, etc and of course Rev 17-18, but no OT prophets- the word of God!!!!!

I would rather listen to God's voice rather than mans voice concerning prophecy.

This is my initial thought. Now I will read it slower and get back on the content. Thanks.

That was chapter 18, it was written over a decade ago as a stand alone article. The rest of the book is saturated with scripture supporting each point made along the way. As a matter of fact, I would say the book is at least 30-35 percent scripture since I included the text and did not simple make references. Its only $0.99 on Kindle. I'd give it away for free like the ones we had printed, but kindle isn't into charity or ministry.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

10 hours ago, Spock said:

I know Rome is probably the most popular answer, but what about Mecca? I've read a few books and articles on the web lately that seem to be hot over an Islamic Antichrist and Beast Kingdom. Mecca and Mahdi are huge from this perspective.

Rev 17:: 3Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. (The word wilderness is actually desert or desolate place.). Rome is not a desolate place, is it? Rome is not in the desert. But Mecca is.

V. 6: then I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus. (Muslims kill Christians all the time.)

16The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. (Even the Muslim nations hate Saudi Arabia for being a whore with Western nations and will turn on it at the end.)

Rev. 17 is full of metaphors. Verse 1 says the Harlot "sits on many waters." Verse three now has her in a wilderness, sitting on the Beast. Waters and wilderness are metaphors -- unless you want to make the waters a Beastly wilderness! Wilderness simply represents spiritual barrenness.

Regarding verse 6, the verb is present tense, "having drunk [at this time]." The time was John's day: this is Rome; not Mecca, which was a backwater in those days. Rome had already by that time, beginning with Nero, become "drunk with the blood of the saints."

Rev. 17:18 “And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns [present tense] over the kings of the earth.”

This could only mean Rome.

Regarding the harlot being burned with fire, verse 16, even popes and prophets of the Catholic Church have seen visions of this.

1 minute ago, WilliamL said:

This could only mean Rome.

Bold statement.... kinda reveals how narrow your perspective has become

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

2 hours ago, BlindSeeker said:

Bold statement.... kinda reveals how narrow your perspective has become

Bold accusation, seeing that it comes without any substantiation. I substantiated what I said from Scripture.

17 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

....I substantiated what I said from Scripture.

I as well could state the earth is both flat and square and claim scriptural support for that too...

Revelation 7:1 - And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

One must have the whole witness of scripture and not just a few applied to substantiate one beliefs or theology.